the one that comes on the screen will mark up fairly easily... it's just a thin plastic protector.
    11-21-08 10:52 PM
    the one that comes on the screen will mark up fairly easily... it's just a thin plastic protector.
    Yea, which makes it a great temporary one till we get the good stuff (GA)
    11-21-08 11:03 PM
    The screen protector it comes with and the ones you buy are worlds different. If you get bubbles with the ones you buy from Verizon, you arnt putting it on right.
    11-21-08 11:12 PM
    my storm screen won't "touch" after IS installation. I'm waiting for about 8 hours, if it doesn't work, I'll remove it.
    11-22-08 04:52 AM
    I applied Invisible Shield last night. No problems at all with it!
    11-22-08 06:26 AM
    The screen protector that came with the storm has some bubbles. I bought the screen protectors from VZW today. Anyone try using one of these yet?
    I also purchased the protectors and love them. For all the screen protectors I have used in the past for various smart phones -- this was the easiest to put on AND you can do it without leaving fingerprints or smudges from your hand ! Hardest part as always is making sure you put it on straight. Enjoy -
    11-22-08 08:19 AM
    someone please answer.. Is there a way to adjust the screens sensitivity!??
    I"m waiting for mine to arrive now!
    11-22-08 08:26 AM
    yes, i've read that you can adjust screen sensitivity....thats probably all, the folks whose IS have not been working, need to do.
    11-22-08 08:50 AM
    this is very interesting... I wonder why there i ssuch a mixed response about the IS? Was it not put on right? I had a BSE on my Iphone, had no problems with it, I just took it off recently because it got dirty, and there was slight imperfections on the way I put it on... overall though it worked perfectly fine. I was thinking of ordering a "clear skin" for my storm when I get it... looks like I'll be watching this thread
    11-22-08 09:05 AM
    Protectors from VZW work fine...had mine on for 24 hours now.
    11-22-08 09:09 AM
    So I got the storm exactly where I wanted it last night and then decided to put on the IS before I went to bed, just as the Best Buy mobile guy said. Did it exactly as the instructions said.

So first the damn thing wouldn't click, so I peeled off the IS. Now it half-clicks, except for the bottom and sides.

The BB Geek guy had the nerve to ask, "Are you pressing down on the storm?"
    My response: This thing worked fine for about seven hours last night until I put on the IS.

I'm marching back to Best Buy and so help me if they don't have a brand new shiny one for me, I'm going to scream.
    11-22-08 09:12 AM
    Did the storm come with a screen protector already on? Did the ones having trouble after putting the new screen protector on take off the old one first?
    11-22-08 09:14 AM
    Did the storm come with a screen protector already on? Did the ones having trouble after putting the new screen protector on take off the old one first?
    Of course.
    11-22-08 09:16 AM
    I have both the screen protector that came with the storm on it, and one of the screen protectors that I bought from VZW on it as well. I inadvertently put the 2nd one on not realizing there was one already on there, and I've had no issues with it.

My roommate had bubbles in hers (the one that came with the phone) - I had little problem pushing them out.
    11-22-08 09:20 AM
    Maybe some of the spray(liquid) got onto the crack that everyone has been talking about?

That would seem to cause different issues with different phones?
    I wouldn't say it's a "crack". The glass screen "floats" and you can move it creating space on every side. But, I probably wouldn't spray anything on that screen even thought the screen is most likely protected from the underlying sensitive parts.
    11-22-08 09:23 AM
    The iPhone is _not_ heat sensitive. It's a capacitive touch screen.
    11-22-08 09:26 AM
    i put the invisible shield on mine and it work great i have not had 1 problem it is the same as not having 1 on must have been the device or maybe to much spray on the screen and got down in the device and got things wet
    11-22-08 09:33 AM
    I bought the protective shield and have had no problems with my storm.
    11-22-08 09:37 AM
    i put the invisible shield on mine and it work great i have not had 1 problem it is the same as not having 1 on must have been the device or maybe to much spray on the screen and got down in the device and got things wet
    i think that might be the problem. im going to pick up my storm and IS in a few hours and this thread got me worried.
    11-22-08 09:38 AM
    The gap around the screen is sealed so nothing can get down in there.
    11-22-08 01:22 PM
    Thats what I wanted to ask

I'm not quite sure everyone knows that there were two screen protectors on the phone already... one the covered the bottom half of the screen and had some text on it and another screen protector under that one that covers the whole screen.

I've read a post where a guy installed a VZW screen protector on top of the stock screen protector
    11-22-08 01:28 PM
    the so called screen protector that it comes with is no good. Its a sheet of plastic not made for that purpose. I got the protectors from vzw for 9.99 and it works great. I also got the rubber cover for the sides/back cause I loved the one i had for the pearl.
    11-22-08 01:28 PM
    my guess is that the liquid under the protector is messing something up.... wait some time for the water to evap before pulling it off.
    11-22-08 01:32 PM
    I have the Invisible Shield on my Storm and I have no problems.
    11-22-08 01:39 PM
    For the people who say it still works AFTER applying invisible shield.. did you remove the Verizon protector that was already applied??
    11-22-08 01:49 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD