I was wondering if anyone who has/had an invisible shield has swapped out their defective S2 for a refurb or new one and has gone through the process of getting a replacement invisible from the Zagg (the company who makes invisible shield). I know that they give you a free replacement one if they are damaged during use, but do they also replace for free if you get a new replacement device?

If anyone has gone through this process and could let me now I would appreciate it
    04-23-10 10:57 AM
    I was wondering if anyone who has/had an invisible shield has swapped out their defective S2 for a refurb or new one and has gone through the process of getting a replacement invisible from the Zagg (the company who makes invisible shield). I know that they give you a free replacement one if they are damaged during use, but do they also replace for free if you get a new replacement device?

If anyone has gone through this process and could let me now I would appreciate it
    I have (4 times) and no they won't. They tell you that you can remove it and reuse it. if its damaged while protecting the device, they will replace it under their warranty.
    04-23-10 11:02 AM
    write them, tell them that you have to return yours and they'll ship you out a new one. When you get your new one, you have to send in your old one if you ever want ANOTHER replacement again. They've never given me any trouble, and I've done it dozens of times (I am the purchaser of invisible shields for my family and friends, lol, so all of them go through me!)
    04-23-10 11:10 AM
    I can understand if the skin was defected, but with all due respect, why would you expect a company to give you a new product because you changed/replaced your phone?

They would loose money for something that had absolutely nothing to do with them.
    04-23-10 11:12 AM
    If your device is replaced with the same model you get a replacement screen.
    My phone has been replaced 6 times no issues with getting a replacement
    My wife's old phone had 9 replacements no issues.
    Nintendo DS's, heck even my pro cameras, no issues.

They charge your card retail price and remove it once they receive the replacement in the mail.
    04-23-10 11:15 AM
    I've had my original storm replaced twice
    macbook pro twice also because it became discolored over time
    Ipod touch three times because of problems with the ipod
    04-23-10 11:31 AM
    Invisible Shield has always had great customer service in all of my dealings with them. I got a replacement Storm2 when my launch-day one had the crazy unresponsive bottom buttons issue, and had no problems getting Zagg to send a replacement screen protector. If you return your original one within a certain amount of time, there's no replacement cost.

In my case, I scoured my office and house looking for my original shield to return, but didn't find it (in my laptop bag) until after my return date. I ate the $17 or whatever cost, but it's such a good product I didn't mind that much.
    04-23-10 12:07 PM
    Yes they do, at least at all the mall stands I've been to. My wife did have someone just take off her old one on her Tour and moved it to the replacement. They didn't do a great job so I went back the next day and another person was there instead and they put on a new one and apologized for the last employee. They will charge you install, either the screen only charge or full body charge. My 9530 was replaced twice to put on replacements and I just had my 9550 done a few weeks ago after getting upgraded screen replacement. I have saved all my receipts and not once have they asked for it, as long as you have the pieces on your phone..... its replaced.
    04-23-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD