05-18-10 09:22 AM
28 12
tools
    So I added this to the finding and fixes thread for .451, but wanted to post my issue which seems to be occuirng more frequntly than I'd like. I've been running 4.51 since it leaked and a few days ago got the following error "invalid ringtone, please make another selection" after I noticed that I was not picking up any audio for phone calls or messages. I went into the profile settings to check the ringtone and settings and that is when I got this message. I never ever got this message on any Blackberry ever before and there doesn't seem to be a fix, save for a battery pull which isn't 100%. It has occured 3 times in total, and is a complete disaster. If it is an OS bug, than this OS cannot be used by me. Any ideas?
    02-20-10 10:01 PM
    I got this error also. But I am still running verizon stock os. .320 I believe.
    This happened when I tried to change the ringtone for a contact because the phone would not ring for just this one particular contact. If I was looking at the phone knowing that he was calling me I could see the arrows in the upper right hand corner indicating that I was getting a call, but it would not ring.
    I ended up deleting him as a contact and re-adding him.
    So far this has worked.
    02-20-10 10:06 PM
    This happened to me yesterday for the first and only time. I'm on a Bold 9700 with the OS upgraded to .442. I noticed I wasn't getting any audible alerts for anything. The LED would blink normally. If I held the phone next to my ear, I could hear a very faint warbly sound when I got a message. So I went to check my profile. It was on normal. I changed it to loud. Vibrations worked. Then I went in to the individual alert setup and hit try it. That's when I got the error. I did a battery pull and it's been fine since. I've been on this OS for a month. This was a (hopefully) one-time experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 10:32 PM
    I was receiving this error on my Storm2. I was running BerrySlider ver 5.0.9 and took it off. After I removed it, I have not had those problems in the last week.
    02-20-10 10:43 PM
    Hi guys. I am in South Africa. Have also been experiencing the same issue the last few days. Has happened now 5 times. Atleast once a day. Did battery pull and soft reset. No go. Damm. Just happened again. This sucks. Berry berry sort it out. ;-)
    02-21-10 11:31 AM
    When this happened to me I called my voicemail and all was well got ringtones to ring again. Don't know why this is happening or why this is a fix read that somewhere else
    02-21-10 01:15 PM
    This has happend to me on my Tour using the stock OS. And it seems to happen to many other users of all devices as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f15/inv...hlight=invalid
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/in...hlight=invalid
    02-21-10 01:20 PM
    I was receiving this error on my Storm2. I was running BerrySlider ver 5.0.9 and took it off. After I removed it, I have not had those problems in the last week.
    I, too, am running BerrySlider (StormSlider) though I am unsure of the version. Can anyone else, who is experiencing these errors, confirm that they have BerrySlider installed?

I will delete that app in a second, if thats the case. Thanks for all the replies
    02-21-10 01:59 PM
    I'm running on .497 same issues here

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-10 02:00 PM
    It also says cannot play media while phone is active when I try to play a song.

02-22-10 12:05 AM
    It also says cannot play media while phone is active when I try to play a song.

I, too, received this error on my Storm several times in the past couple of weeks. As of last evening, I deleted StormSlider/BerrySlider and so far have not experienced any of those issues. I am not saying for certain that these issues are directly related to StormSlider, but I read that someone fixed their issues by removing the app. i will update this thread if I do experience any of these issues even after StormSlider was removed.

P.S. I did get a separate error when streaming a radio station to my device via moodio (Error trying to play media) and the stream would not fully load. Not sure if this is related or not, will keep an eye on it...
    02-22-10 10:51 AM
    My boss had the same issue running the original OS (.320) and no additional apps. I told him to do a battery pull and that fixed it.
    02-22-10 11:41 AM
    The battery pull and voicemail fixes are just bandaids. I depend on getting calls and notifications. Heck this thing is my alarm clock. Can't wake up to mumbles.

02-22-10 11:55 AM
    So I added this to the finding and fixes thread for .451, but wanted to post my issue which seems to be occuirng more frequntly than I'd like. I've been running 4.51 since it leaked and a few days ago got the following error "invalid ringtone, please make another selection" after I noticed that I was not picking up any audio for phone calls or messages. I went into the profile settings to check the ringtone and settings and that is when I got this message. I never ever got this message on any Blackberry ever before and there doesn't seem to be a fix, save for a battery pull which isn't 100%. It has occured 3 times in total, and is a complete disaster. If it is an OS bug, than this OS cannot be used by me. Any ideas?
    Use BBSAK to delete "net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_360x480_04_t.cod " from phone.

Then use BBSAK to install
    "net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9500.cod" from previous OS version.

Do a battery pull, and you should be good to go. That's how I solved it. I got this from someone else's thread (I can't remember who, to give proper credit).
    02-22-10 11:55 AM
    Has anyone suffering from this done a media sync with DM? My issues didn't start until I did that.

02-22-10 11:57 AM
    ===== QUOTE MrWireless31 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Use BBSAK to delete "net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_360x480_04_t.cod " from phone.

Then use BBSAK to install
    "net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9500.cod" from previous OS version.

Do a battery pull, and you should be good to go. That's how I solved it. I got this from someone else's thread (I can't remember who, to give proper credit).
    I shrank out the medialoader files except for accessibility every time I've done an upgrade. Never had this issue before. All my tones are backed up to the sd card.
    How long since you applied the above 'fix'?

02-22-10 12:01 PM
    The battery pull and voicemail fixes are just bandaids. I depend on getting calls and notifications. Heck this thing is my alarm clock. Can't wake up to mumbles.

Well he hasn't had to do it since and that was back in early November so it must be one strong bandaid.
    02-22-10 03:03 PM
    Glad he has had better success than me. Three times in as many days. Battery pulls and VM after each. Maybe his was acute and mine is chronic

02-22-10 04:15 PM
    I shrank out the medialoader files except for accessibility every time I've done an upgrade. Never had this issue before. All my tones are backed up to the sd card.
    How long since you applied the above 'fix'?

When .451 was first released/leaked.
    02-22-10 04:37 PM
    Just did it again. And right after a batt pull I might add.

02-22-10 04:53 PM
    I had the same issue also with berry slider installed. Got rid of it and it has been great ever since. I wish they never would have changed to version 5 it has been nothing but problems and a serious battery drain!
    02-22-10 10:07 PM
    alright...deleting slider...something's gotta work...
    02-23-10 07:44 AM
    It's been a little over two weeks since I have deleted Storm/Berry Slider and replaced it with Patternlock. No problems with ringtones at all. Its the only change that I have made.
    02-27-10 12:01 PM
    I don't have berry slider and it still happens to me. Had to do a batt pull twice last night. Not sure what the **** is causing this but its annoying to say the least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 04:36 PM
    if you have berry slider installed, unselect deactivate on end of call in the options..in some cases you may have to select to not activate on call at all.

In case you haven't noticed, it usually happens after an end of a call
    02-27-10 07:16 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD