I recenlty got a blackberry storm (seccond hand). When i wanted to install my email-acount, it wouldnt let me, because they were first asking for my PIN and IMEI number, which i gave, but it was already in use (obviously by the past user of my phone) I called my provider (vodafone) and they said the only way to get an account is by finding the past user, and ask for the inlog acount. The problem is i dont know where the past user is, or how to contact him. So is there any other wat how i can replace the old user's email accounts with mine??

Stefan
    05-13-09 06:58 AM
    I'm afraid not. The previous user needs to have the device PIN removed from their Blackberry Internet Service account.

You could try contacting the network that the previous user was registered with, provide proof of purchase and ask them nicely to remove the pin from the account but this may be a llong shot, worth a try though.

If the device was purchased second hard through a 3rd party the onus is on them to sell you a fully working device which includes being able to set up email. You should contact the seller and claim a refund or if possible a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD