Hey all...pardon me if this has been covered before. I worked on upgrading my phone software for the last several hours and JUST when I thought I was successful I hit a weird snag right at the end.

First I used DM to backup my phone...then I went from .75 to .132...then on to the latest hybrid from Lyricidal ...when it was all over I saw I had the new message mail icon w/ a number 2 next to it up by the battery.

Anyway I deleted ALL of my emails (from 2 accounts) and all text messages.

I STILL have the #2 with the "starred" mail icon by the battery. PLEASE help. So annoying!
    05-16-09 11:03 PM
    Have you tried a Battery Pull? If you have... Did you go to your actual Message folder and open it?
    05-16-09 11:08 PM
    check your "generic" messages folder
    05-16-09 11:14 PM
    check your "generic" messages folder
    I'd love to know that you suggest it! But where is it?
    05-16-09 11:44 PM
    Have you tried a Battery Pull? If you have... Did you go to your actual Message folder and open it?
    yeah pulled it a couple times...no help.

I only had my verizon email and gmail account linked before update...and I also have text messaging of course.
    All 3 folders are empty and now after sending a couple test texts/emails the number 2 is now 4!
    And I'm not getting verizon emails anymore, but Gmail still works...and so does text.
    What happened to my VZ email? And how did the 2 become a 4?
    05-16-09 11:49 PM
    Go to Messages, press the BB button, select View Folder and browse through there in case that's where any of the messages are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 11:51 PM
    Quick update. Went to Advanced Options/Host Routing Table and did Register Now.
    Whenever I do this the # on my main screen goes up by 1.
    Howarmat I think you're onto something, but I don't know how to fix it. Arggg.
    Can't see and default messages icon anywhere.
    Last edited by TMcNasty; 05-17-09 at 12:06 AM.
    05-17-09 12:02 AM
    do this bb button>show all

then look for a grayed out message folder. Should be on the main page, but might be in a different folder so check them all till you find it.

It should show the star too.
    05-17-09 12:11 AM
    do this bb button>show all

then look for a grayed out message folder. Should be on the main page, but might be in a different folder so check them all till you find it.

It should show the star too.
    dude you flippin' rock (you too Savio!)...I didn't have that icon hidden before my updates...didn't even know about that hide/show all stuff. Somehow it hid itself. Awesome...that folder annoyed my anyway.

edit: And while I was typing this thank you to you guys suddenly my phone started receiving Verizon emails.
    Anyone know why Verizon servers are so lazy about forwarding emails to the phone? These delays were common for me before I upgraded the software. I finally had to add Gmail for emails I need asap...Verizon just forwards stuff too slowly. Wish I knew why!

Again thx you guys!!!
    05-17-09 12:39 AM
    dude you flippin' rock (you too Savio!)...I didn't have that icon hidden before my updates...didn't even know about that hide/show all stuff. Somehow it hid itself. Awesome...that folder annoyed my anyway.

edit: And while I was typing this thank you to you guys suddenly my phone started receiving Verizon emails.
    Anyone know why Verizon servers are so lazy about forwarding emails to the phone? These delays were common for me before I upgraded the software. I finally had to add Gmail for emails I need asap...Verizon just forwards stuff too slowly. Wish I knew why!

Again thx you guys!!!
    You probably started receiving them because you re-registered your Host Routing Tables, although that is quite a long time from when you re-registered to when you received them. Try re-sending your service books from the VZW BIS site. There's a good chance it'll help cure your delayed email problem.
    05-17-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD