I've had my STORM for about two months, but I've never been able to consistently access the Progress Bar while playing a song using BlackBerry's Media Player. I discovered this problem while attempting to skip ahead a few minutes through a particularly long PodCast. The instructions from BlackBerry demo advised that I simply press the screen during playback to view the Media Controls and Progress Bar. While the Media Controls would appear, the Progress Bar rarely appeared automatically. I could occasionally gain access to the Progress Bar by tapping furiously on the screen, but more often the Progress Bar would never appear.

I am running 4.7.0.75 and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with their device, and if there were any solutions outside of waiting for a repair with the next O/S upgrade.
    Last edited by an909; 05-22-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Provided additional details about my device
    05-22-09 04:18 PM
    The progress bar will display on the screen by simply tapping anywhere on the screen (not clicking). On the early OS, including .75, the bar would display intermittent like you describe. I found the easiest way to get it to display when I had .75 would be to pause what I was listening to or watching for a few seconds and then tap on the dead center of the screen to get it to display.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 04:31 PM
    ArmaK, you've solved my problem. Since I had been clicking, rather than tapping, I never gave the Media Player sufficient opportunity to display the Progress Bar. Now I can zip past the mind-numbingly boring sections of my lectures straight to the mildly interesting ones.
    05-22-09 04:38 PM
    This is good to hear, I was bummed that there wasn't a status bar.

I'm running .122 and I can't get it to show up with any reliability.
    Actually, I've been trying for the past 10 minutes on multiple media files and I've seen it 1 time.

Is there a trick? Like touch and slide. Touch for a long time... touch for a short time...?

Thanks,
    Steve
    05-22-09 06:31 PM
    I didn't have any problems getting the progress bar to show on OS .122. Just tap the screen (don't click it) like you would on any other touchscreen device to get the progress bar to appear. You can also change your touchscreen settings to 100, 100, 6 if you haven't already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:53 PM
    I have always tapped the screen anywhere ABOVE where the bar shows up at and it has come up with no problem.
    Just a matter of personal preference really, but I use 500/500/2 for my screen settings and it works great.
    05-23-09 02:39 AM
    It could be wishful thinking on my part, but i think the behavior of the progress bar is better in the leaked .148 OS. And although the videos I have loaded on it are not storm-optimized, it seems like video playback is less choppy too.
    05-23-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD