06-04-09 06:49 PM
37 12
tools
    Hey all. I don't usually make new threads, so be sure this isn't a waste of your time. This is actually more for the SureType users here. I use the Full qwerty in portrait exclusively, but decided to give SureType a run just for the heck of it and found something interesting. I'm not sure if this was posted back when the phone first came out, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been recently. Don't hold me to that though.

While trying to use the new selection feature I accidentally stumbled upon this. Usually when you have a misspelled word, it gets underlined so you know. Well on this one occasion a word that wasn't misspelled was underlined and it caught my attention. I decided to click on it to see what suggestions the internal dictionary would give me and something totally different happened. I got what seemed like a highlight of the letter directly under it.

Funny thing was it wasn't the letter, it was actually the other letter that's on the same key in SureType. Once highlighted you can actually scroll back and forth to pick the letter you want to replace then scroll down to replace it. Check the video out to see what I did clearly. Sorry about the res. It was the only camera I had available.

Video-
    SureType Text Edit Feature

Now I've only exclusively used full keyboard BlackBerries. Never SureType versions, so this feature could have always been there. I don't know. Please don't burn my shorts here. But for those new to BB, its a good tidbit to have. Laterz
    Last edited by cocruxified; 03-29-09 at 09:53 PM.
    03-29-09 08:32 PM
    I don't really remember when this was added to the list of features but I have been using it since OS .99. I just like yourself discovered it by accident when I went back to capitalize a word. But thanks for posting this for the other users because I kept forgetting to post about it myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:43 PM
    That's pretty awesome. There are a lot of times in which I've messed up a word and just need to go and correct a letter or two, but I always ended up backspacing all the way to re-type the word. This will be a lot better. Thanks for the info!
    03-29-09 10:02 PM
    I never noticed that, thanks for the tip
    03-29-09 10:08 PM
    Wow.. thanks. I'll see if this comes up when I'm texting next time.
    03-29-09 10:22 PM
    Hmm.. this is pretty cool. Never knew about it.
    03-29-09 10:38 PM
    Never noticed it myself either..ill keep an eye out to see if it comes in handy for me now
    03-29-09 10:41 PM
    The pearl did this in suretype mode too. Probably would be something though that most people wouldn't have known unless they use suretype alot or come from that device.
    03-29-09 10:44 PM
    good find.
    03-29-09 11:11 PM
    Neat, but ever since they added it into the leaked betas, I've been using the full keyboard when I'm in portrait mode.
    03-29-09 11:32 PM
    Neat, but ever since they added it into the leaked betas, I've been using the full keyboard when I'm in portrait mode.
    Yeah, I figured the majority of leaked OS users would be using the full qwerty, but I just wanted to let the few SureType users know about this.
    03-29-09 11:39 PM
    I find it hard to type with the full qwerty keyboard in portrait mode because they are so small. But I just typed this message with it on and so far it is not that bad

03-29-09 11:45 PM
    interesting. thanks.
    03-30-09 11:44 AM
    Nice find. There have been times when I've needed this.
    03-30-09 12:11 PM
    I found this out awhile ago, but it was too clusmy for me to use properly
    03-30-09 01:04 PM
    Bump for others to see.
    03-30-09 05:32 PM
    I read this and watched the video and I still can't figure out how to do it every time I want to...
    04-30-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I figured the majority of leaked OS users would be using the full qwerty, but I just wanted to let the few SureType users know about this.
    Grooving on the background music from the video . Can ya send me it I wanna use it as a ringtone .

I use suretype, the full qwerty is awkward for me, got big hands ya see.

Thanks for the tip
    04-30-09 03:48 PM
    Never knew this! Will try

04-30-09 03:52 PM
    Let me know if you get it to work, cuz I still can't figure it out! I'm running .132.

Never knew this! Will try

04-30-09 10:01 PM
    good stuff.
    thanks for sharing.

keep us posted for any new findings!
    04-30-09 11:13 PM
    never known this feature.
    Thanks for sharing
    04-30-09 11:31 PM
    I can't get this to work either. In fact, it doesn't even underline misspelled words in portrait mode using suretype. It only underlines them in landscape. I'm using .141.
    05-01-09 07:09 AM
    I knew about cut and paste but never saw this feature. Very nice, thanks.
    05-01-09 07:19 AM
    Anybody able to give some tips on how they got this to work and what version they're on? Thanks!

I can't get this to work either. In fact, it doesn't even underline misspelled words in portrait mode using suretype. It only underlines them in landscape. I'm using .141.
    05-03-09 07:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD