I've been having this odd issue since .83. Currently running .85, with the only 3rd party apps installed : GMAIL and Google Maps. BES enabled, no BIS accounts.

I've noticed that my sounds will stop working for no reason. Sometimes, i can trigger this failure while using BBM. It usually happens when i am typing a response to a friend and then they send another message while i am typing.

LED notifications will work, but i can't get any sounds to work. When I go into the set ringtones/style and then select "SMS Message" and then click on the try it button, i don't get any sounds.

Now a battery pull will fix it, but I was curious so I started doing some testing.

I've figured out that once the sounds stop working, I can't get anything to play in the media section. When i play the sample song, i get a red box saying "error playing" (above the song titles) with a center message saying " the media being played is of an unsupported format".

also, when i go to the debug menu, to check out the error message, i get the following

E Profiles - AlertEngine: playerUpdate - error : 6

Any thoughts?
    12-30-08 06:44 PM
    According to the developer knowledgebase, the "6" refers to the following

6 There is an error in the media file or the format has been incorrectly specified.
    12-30-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD