i saw someone mention this as a sidenote in another thread and it got me thinking.

does the storm truly "learn" what words you use often? i type "haha" a lot and yet the first word that always shows up (when im using suretype) is "gags". will the storm ever really learn? is there a way to teach it which words i prefer?
    12-13-08 04:21 PM
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the storm does this in the way that the iphone does.
    You can add "words" like haha to the custom dictionary. That should help the auto change to gags.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 04:34 PM
    I think you can set this in the autotext option. I've been adding words over the past few days, including "haha" and now that shows up before "gags" does. Add the word to both the custom dictionary and autotext and that should help. It does for me anyway.
    12-13-08 04:46 PM
    It constantly wants to change one of my words to "Ducking"...
    12-13-08 04:50 PM
    Haha yeah i found the same thing too!

Like I said just add the words to both your custom dictionary and the AutoText and you should be all set.
    12-13-08 04:52 PM
    What is the difference between adding a word ti the dictionary and adding a word to the custom dictionary?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 05:28 PM
    i had already added haha (and all permutations of words like duck, ducking, etc. ) to the custom dictionary, i was just hoping that there'd be a way to make that the "default" word when i type that combination of keys.

as for adding to autotext, you mean telling it to always replace "gags" with "haha"? it wasnt exactly the solution i was looking for, but i guess that'll do!
    12-13-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD