Ok I know its been posted all over the place but I am just not sure which one to go with and where to get it from? I've come across a half dozen links to "New OS Versions" but which one does work or should I download and use?

My new Storm2 is currently running Version 5.0.0.607 now I think there is updated versions but I could also be wrong??

Can anyone let me know if I should just stick with this version or update and if so could you post a link?

Thanks
    05-06-10 10:06 PM
    607 is the updated version... but I just downgraded to 517 and so far I'm not regretting my decision. OS 607 has issues that were getting on my nerves. I was going to do the hybrid, but I couldn't figure out HOW, so here I am wearing .517 and happy with my bluetooth, no lagging, and I issues with my keyboard.
    05-06-10 10:28 PM
    607 is the updated version... but I just downgraded to 517 and so far I'm not regretting my decision. OS 607 has issues that were getting on my nerves. I was going to do the hybrid, but I couldn't figure out HOW, so here I am wearing .517 and happy with my bluetooth, no lagging, and I issues with my keyboard.
    I noticed some lagging right after I started using the new Storm2 tonight, so the downgrade would be worth doing I think! Do you have a link to where I can uptain the 517 OS?
    05-06-10 11:33 PM
    I would try lyric's .517 hybrid. It is awesome!!

.517 and here is lyric's hybrid.

This is his .643 hybrid:9550
    Instructions:
    1. Install 5.0.0.517 to PC
    2. Install this over 5.0.0.517 folder
    2a. Shrink your OS if you want
    3. Install to phone
    05-07-10 12:04 AM
    I would try lyric's .517 hybrid. It is awesome!!

.517 and here is lyric's hybrid.

This is his .643 hybrid:9550
    Instructions:
    1. Install 5.0.0.517 to PC
    2. Install this over 5.0.0.517 folder
    2a. Shrink your OS if you want
    3. Install to phone
    Thanks for the links, I'll try the Hybrid too what do I have to loose!!

Ok so being new to all of this exactly what do you mean "Shrink" and I am guessing I just download the OS open up the BB Messenger Desktop and install the downloaded stuff right?
    05-07-10 12:07 AM
    Nope, use loader.exe.

Shrinking the OS means you can remove stuff you don't need or use to free up app memory: languages, apps, games, etc.

It seems that you are new to this so make sure you backup first just in case.
    05-07-10 12:10 AM
    Nope, use loader.exe.

Shrinking the OS means you can remove stuff you don't need or use to free up app memory: languages, apps, games, etc.

It seems that you are new to this so make sure you backup first just in case.

Ah got ya! And yeah "NEWB ALERT" LOL

Ok so what is the loader.exe?
    05-07-10 12:41 AM
    thanks @z06Mike for sharing... going to give this another try if this is all you have to do.
    05-07-10 05:07 AM
    go to c drive--> program files--> common files--> and find Research in Motion folder--> open app loader--> then click and run loader.exe with your usb connected to computer and BB.
    05-07-10 05:17 AM
    go to c drive--> program files--> common files--> and find Research in Motion folder--> open app loader--> then click and run loader.exe with your usb connected to computer and BB.
    Ah DUH!! I'm a ***** I guess I'd better learn some computer lingo too!!

Thanks
    05-07-10 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD