Will upgrading the Storm (9530) with a beta OS destroy coverage by insurance? If so, how does Verizon know that you updated the OS. ?
    11-18-08 02:11 AM
    there are always watching ! lol
    11-18-08 02:23 AM
    good question... word of advise.. just dont **** up your new storm!!!
    11-18-08 02:30 AM
    lol... good advice .. ill take it too lol
    11-18-08 02:32 AM
    Haha I have never had a problem with a beta OS, but I think I just won't try anything on the storm, I still wanna know if Verizon knows that ur upgrading

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 02:33 AM
    first off I am not even sure there is anything you can do to not get the insurance. As for OS updates. In order for you to do any type of updating the os as long as you do it OTA or downloading from either VZW or blackberrys site, then verizon will cover anything that happens to the device. Now if you are talking about other OS's like the ones you can get for winmo devices then VZW is not going to cover it but the insurance will. Hope i understood your thread and this helps.
    11-18-08 02:41 AM
    It does, pretty much the insurence is gonna help anything u do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 03:54 AM
    Can't you always go back to the old OS?
    11-18-08 04:05 AM
    Can't you always go back to the old OS?
    I would think so as long as you keep the older OS. I am not 100% sure considering we are talking about a BB since i have never done it, but with winmo i know you can as well as with most other OS's (psp, xbox, computer, you get the idea)
    11-18-08 04:43 AM
    If the Storm is like all other BB's in regards to the OS, which I would assume to be the case, as long as an official release exists, it would be no problem going back. However unlike Win Mobile devices there really is no way to port from another phone, or build in stuff as in a kitchen.
    11-18-08 04:58 AM
    Question:

Can you pay upfront for 1-year insurance instead of monthly?
    11-18-08 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD