View Poll Results: Insurance or no?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • GET the Insurance - $171.88 for 1 year makes sense

112 83.58%
  • DECLINE the Insurance - Roll the dice and save the $ now

22 16.42%
    I've never purchased insurance for any of my phones, including my Curve. I did purchase it ($5.99/mo.) for my Storm though and I'm SO GLAD I DID!

Today, I was sitting in the drive-up teller window while talking to a friend. I leaned over to hand the teller my deposit bag and tried to cradle the phone between my cheek and shoulder. My slick jacket made that a bad idea.

The phone fell out the window of my truck, hit the asphalt/gravel pavement with a crash and landed under my truck. I was scared I'd run over it trying to get out of the teller bay!

I managed to get without running over it, but it now has a 1/4" chip (think windshield hit by a rock) and a smaller one as well, right in crucial viewing areas.

My new phone will be here by tomorrow. Thank you Asurion!

Cost: $5.99/mo. for 3 months; plus $50 deductible= $67.97. Cost for a new phone= $499 plus tax.
    02-25-09 04:13 PM
    I agree with everyone in here... it's a BB so it's better off if you get it. It will be worth it!
    02-25-09 04:19 PM
    I have insurance with bestbuy...10 dollars a month walk in and get a replacement for lost damaged and etc...its a lil extra but its worth it to me .I can't wait for one to be shipped and the extra nonsense

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:32 PM
    Its definitely worth it... you don't want to take the chance and have to pay the full $500 if something goes wrong
    02-25-09 04:35 PM
    definitely get it on the storm! better safe than sorry.

on a side note:
    i was telling a buddy of mine that i got insurance for my storm. he also just got a new phone, although his was some cheap a** phone he paid 20 bucks for. He started saying "yeah man, i got it on my phone too. its so worth having"
    Instead of telling him how much of an ***** he is to pay for insurance on a 20 dollar phone, I just laughed....i really think that you have to have a Blackberry to fully appreciate them.
    02-25-09 04:37 PM
    Just remember if you break your phone, not a warranty fix but like breaking the screen you will have to
    Pay full retail price for a replacement BB. Which I think is around 500 dollars. Your choice.

Last edited by bluemsw; 02-26-09 at 12:40 AM.
    02-25-09 06:22 PM
    Why did I only pay 35 for my storm and everyone else paid 200

02-25-09 06:30 PM

This isn't the bragging thread is it?

02-25-09 06:42 PM
    If you bought the storm $100 a YEAR should not be a problem... if you happen to damage your phone it wont be replaced otherwise. I dropped my phone only once since december 4th(happened 3 days ago and got a new phone yesterday) and it landed flat on the screen and no longer clicked or did anything on the touch screen... so yeah watch out, oh and I got a brand new storm with insurance and it is awesome
    Last edited by aznheat; 02-25-09 at 10:06 PM.
    02-25-09 10:04 PM

Because your wife got screwed out of $500?
    02-26-09 12:30 AM
    I insure everything! Insuring a phone is a great idea. Even if you are very careful and do everything right, it only takes one mistake (such as leaving it in your pocket and washing it in the washing machine) to ruin an EXCELLENT phone. The small cost of insurance is definitely worth the value of the phone, long term value and short!
    02-26-09 03:29 AM
    If you own a less expensive phone I would think you might not want the insurance, The storm is $500 plus to replace. And to top it off look at att, they still wont even give you insurance on the i-phone.Gotta tell you something.
    02-26-09 05:27 AM
    $5.99/mo isn't very much, plus you get the phone next day, depending on the time and day of the week. It's well worth the monthly cost and deductible, otherwise you'll pay full retail price, almost $500 with no discount. Warranty will only cover you for defects.
    02-26-09 05:31 AM
    Going through two phones for $171.88 is a **** of a lot better then almost $1k for two phones. Think about that, your only paying 17% of the price if you were to lose two phones.
    02-26-09 06:05 AM
    I look at it as I'm never going to lose or damage my storm insurance. I got the insurance so that pretty much guarantees I probably won't need the insurance. If I had not gotten the insurance I would probably be on my second lost or damaged device by now.
    02-27-09 04:07 PM
    i'm insured. i don't want to be caught with a broken phone and no insurance and stuck with a crappy phone. my phone is worth it! it's my lifeline.
    02-27-09 04:51 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD