So I read all the time about how VZ NAV speeds up overall performance of the Storm but what i want to know is, what is everyone using for TURN-BY-TURN navigation if not VZ NAV?

I know there are others out there, i use to use Telenav with T-Mobile and i know it's available for the Storm now but I also like that VZ NAV has local search and things like that, does it really run THAT much more power and resources than say Telenav? Telenav is cool but I didn't use it for everything I also used Windows Live Search for local look ups. Does anyone have a solution for me? Has anyone used Poynt?

aGPS is locked to VZ NAV but do you think it's worth it?
    01-12-09 11:25 PM
    I really like Nav4all. It's free and simple.

Nav4All - Free gps navigation for your mobile phone!
    01-12-09 11:35 PM
    I use aMazeGPS. It's free and works well. BTW, i have a bold, I'm not certain if a Storm version is available.
    01-13-09 08:02 PM
    I use aMazeGPS. It's free and works well. BTW, i have a bold, I'm not certain if a Storm version is available.
    There is a "Storm version", but it sucks ***.
    01-13-09 08:30 PM
    VZN only hurt speed on .65. Shouldn't be an issue now. I run .86 and VZN and haven't seen a single problem. Romove it and see if it speeds up your storm. Also, there was a new release of VZN. Check your app center.
    01-13-09 08:44 PM
    Like somebody, anybody, is going to whip up on VZN anytime soon in their own ball park. It is not going to happen. You really, really need to stop, spend one month's fees and check out the traffic monitoring for yourself in real life situations. It is AWESOME and will only improve.

Doctor Neutron
    01-13-09 11:20 PM
    Car has Navigation system and all that stuff....
    01-13-09 11:31 PM
    VzNav has been and still is my personal preference. Other s may be free or cheaper, but I don't believe they are in the same league as VzNav.
    01-13-09 11:58 PM
    VZN only hurt speed on .65. Shouldn't be an issue now. I run .86 and VZN and haven't seen a single problem. Romove it and see if it speeds up your storm. Also, there was a new release of VZN. Check your app center.
    The new version has a lower number name? Is the new version 17.20? The version I have installed is version 19.80 and the program asks if I want to downgrade to 17.20
    01-14-09 12:07 AM
    Mine also asked me if I wanted to downgrade my VZN. I am running .85 on my phone, I have not downgraded, but I am wondering if I should, if that makes it run better?
    01-14-09 04:57 AM
    Vz Nav works really well. The real time traffic updates have saved me loads of time.
    01-14-09 06:46 AM
    If you are running .86 then you have a newer version than what is in App Center.

I use VZNav also and cant find anything better. I tried the Garmin one during its trial but it is just not there yet. Maybe after a few more updates it might be worth paying out $99 then.

So far my only complaints with VZNav is I wish it would show the speed you are going when it is showing the map and distance left and what not. Also wish there was a way it could cache its info incase you have to take a call while on the road. Also wish you could copy an address from a website and paste it directly into vznav and it formats it without you having to put it in all the fields yourself (If there is a better way let me know).

I prefer having an all in one device so I dont have to carry a stand alone gps or worry about putting it in my glovebox when not in the car and what not. I also opted not to have an incar gps when I got my car cause the design was just ****-*** ugly.

Plus sometimes I am not in my car and it is nice to have a gps to help find where you are going. There are pros and cons to everything.

Overall you cant beat VZNav it is fast, stays pretty much up to date with real time data and such when looking for a place. Also it does not slow down in .75 or higher like it did in .65
    01-14-09 08:35 AM
    Gotta say VZNav seems worth $10/month for all in one convenience and it works very well.
    Used it without a hitch on a 10 day,2000+ mile trip. Even into the Smoky Mts and locating / reception got me through.
    Local search for food, gas was accurate.

Does not seem to have bearing on my phone perf. Gonna stay with VZNAV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD