Ok so I been searching for the answer for this to no avail.

When I receive and Instant Message, either BBM, AIM, or Instango, I do not get why there is no red "asterisk" in the main home screen next to the Instant Message App.

Of course when I click on the IM app, the red asterisk is there next to the instant messenger that was used.

Any ideas?
    01-19-09 12:19 PM
    Try going to SMS-->BB button-->options-->Display new message indicator. Make sure it says yes.
    01-19-09 12:29 PM
    Try going to SMS-->BB button-->options-->Display new message indicator. Make sure it says yes.
    That only works for SMS, I'm looking for that option for the Instant messenger app.
    01-19-09 04:32 PM
    That only works for SMS, I'm looking for that option for the Instant messenger app.
    It's not actually an Instant Messenger App that you're looking at. Technically it's a folder that each of your IM Apps happen to reside in.

However I do know where you're comin from. I've been wanting the folder to display IM notifications as well, instead of having to open the folder to look.
    01-19-09 04:39 PM
    Move the app ur using to home screen or learn the little notifications that are on top? They tell you exactly what app it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 04:57 PM
    yea i just look at the tiny AIM icon at the top of screen.. then i just drill down from there. But you would like an "*" on the "Instant Messenger" program folder. I know.. you just have to go to the Home screen and look for the little icons.
    01-19-09 05:18 PM
    i got the same problem but its only with the BBM. it doesnt show the red asterisk notification when i get a new bbm. is there a setting that i can fix it?
    01-28-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD