anybody know how to install Cell Spy for the Storm? off the computer into the memory card through the usb, i believe is the given instrutions....

thanks!
    03-07-09 06:52 PM
    that would make sense...no OTA?
    03-07-09 07:03 PM
    lol whats OTA? im new....
    03-07-09 07:26 PM
    What is cell spy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 07:30 PM
    Over The Air
    03-07-09 07:32 PM
    What is cell spy?

Yeah what is it?

Is it what I think it is?

03-07-09 08:05 PM
    no its not over the air. you gotta download it first from the website and then somehow use the usb to put it on your memory card.

google cell spy pro to see what it is cause its probably something that shouldnt be really discussed in terms of "what is it?"

just heard about it from another custumor the other day that uses it
    03-07-09 08:23 PM
    Does this actually work? Does anyone know how it works and connects to the other phone? is there a limit on how many phones it will will target?
    03-07-09 08:41 PM
    It's only available for WinMo/CE phones and pocket pc's.

Basically looks like something only useful for jealous boyfriend's/girlfriends to try to stealthily put on their significant other's phone to snoop in on their business.
    03-07-09 09:38 PM
    03-07-09 09:47 PM
    Pardon me but I cannot see why anyone wants to use such spyware. If you cannot trust your spouse, perhaps you two should not be married.

If this is for your under-age daughter, you should never buy her a $200 phone in the first place. It is never good for kids when lavished with luxury toys like iPhone, Storm and BMW (yes, I have seen some highschool kids drive to school in BMWs and carry iPhones). They will never learn the value of money and working hard to earn it.
    Last edited by substring; 03-07-09 at 11:27 PM.
    03-07-09 11:25 PM
    Pardon me but I cannot see why anyone wants to use such spyware. If you cannot trust your spouse, perhaps you two should not be married.

If this is for your under-age daughter, you should never buy her a $200 phone in the first place. It is never good for kids when lavished with luxury toys like iPhone, Storm and BMW (yes, I have seen some highschool kids drive to school in BMWs and carry iPhones). They will never learn the value of money and working hard to earn it.
    Amen to that

I busted my @$$ for this phone, my car, and my education...plus it feels so much better when you work your @$$ off for something opposed to just getting it handed to you
    03-08-09 12:06 AM

Dont just make generalizations. Im in college now, but I sure did work my *** off for my Storm amongst other things I have. Why did you decide to pour you heart out about how you feel about teens in this thread anyway?
    03-08-09 12:23 AM
    Dont just make generalizations. Im in college now, but I sure did work my *** off for my Storm amongst other things I have. Why did you decide to pour you heart out about how you feel about teens in this thread anyway?
    You are in college and not in high school. And you work hard to buy the expensive phone which is perfectly fine. I just don't think it is good parenting for those parents who give their highschool kids such expensive phones. It is doing them more harm than good in my humble opinion.
    03-08-09 07:52 PM
    lol everyone in my school has a blackberry
    03-08-09 07:59 PM
    lol everyone in my school has a blackberry
    Then apparently everyone in your school is spoiled.

And it's really not funny. Seriously...
    03-08-09 08:19 PM
    agreed generalizations are a never good as they put everyone in a particular category. Young kids do not need a storm but there is nothing wrong with buying your offspring gifts. Parents should want their children to have a better life then they did. What you have to be careful of is making the child feel they have an entitlement to things

03-08-09 08:25 PM
    I just don't think it is good parenting for those parents who give their highschool kids such expensive phones. It is doing them more harm than good in my humble opinion.
    That is completely ridiculous!
    03-08-09 08:32 PM
    My 13 y/o son just got a Storm. He was working hard to get the money together, saved every penny he made to buy the phone. Why shouldn't he? He even agreed to pay for his BB plan every month.
    I don't know where (or when) you live, Substring, but we live in 2009 in a gadget driven society where even kids in Elementary schools have ipones and the latest gadgets. Its just the way it is these days.

03-08-09 08:34 PM
    Then apparently everyone in your school is spoiled.

And it's really not funny. Seriously...
    Considering that Verizon has the BOGO offer, and that many phones like the Dare and Voyager cost as much as (or more than) Blackberries, I would think it would be a fairly economical choice for a family. Not to mention the BB Messenger cutting down on the number of texts being paid for...

I would also like to mention that I owned a cellphone and a SkyTel pager in high school, and drove a late-model BMW...all of which I paid for by working multiple jobs simultaneously from the age of 15, and mowing lawns, shoveling walks, cleaning gutters, etc. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they can't pay their own way. I now have four sons ages 6-10, and plan on making them work for their toys just as I did.

03-08-09 11:06 PM
    My 13 y/o son just got a Storm. He was working hard to get the money together, saved every penny he made to buy the phone. Why shouldn't he? He even agreed to pay for his BB plan every month.
    I don't know where (or when) you live, Substring, but we live in 2009 in a gadget driven society where even kids in Elementary schools have ipones and the latest gadgets. Its just the way it is these days.

i think that's all fine and good...but what i want to know, is how does your 13 year old some make money ?
    03-09-09 12:42 AM
    this is a useless thread. Why even start ranting about other peoples' issues? In my opinion the whole point of these threads are to inform and offer insightful information. Going from what is Cellspy to parents shouldn't be buying their kids 200 dollar cell phones and such is just ********.
    03-09-09 01:31 AM
    i think that's all fine and good...but what i want to know, is how does your 13 year old some make money ?
    ...mowing lawns, cleaning yards, fixing RC cars, washing cars, etc...

03-09-09 01:03 PM
    I wish this really did work for the Blackberry, it would be great for monitoring the kids...
    03-09-09 01:31 PM
    The term 'lavished' as used by the op implies such items were gifts, not ones you bought yourself or worked hard to earn If you know you worked hard for your phone or bought it yourself, then it doesn't apply to you.
    03-09-09 01:34 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD