Anyone else experiencing this? and is there some way to prevent it?

Whenever I insert my headset into the 3.5 mm jack, the phone reboots. I dont know if it is because the phone is locked when I do this or what? Any one else have this?
    02-04-09 12:28 PM
    Hmm

I've been using Flycast and a male-male 3.5mm cable to play in my car stereo constantly since .99 came out ... No reboots when I plug in or unplugg ... Are you using the stock headset for the phone? The only difference I can think of would be the mic.
    02-04-09 01:30 PM
    I had this on .90 but haven't had an issue since going to .99
    02-04-09 01:32 PM
    I just had this happen last night. As soon as I plugged in my headset the Storm immediately restarted. Don't know if this makes a difference, but when I plugged the headphone in the screen was asleep/dark. Also, I had used the headset before, so it seems to be random although not very frequent.
    02-04-09 01:39 PM
    I just had this happen last night. As soon as I plugged in my headset the Storm immediately restarted. Don't know if this makes a difference, but when I plugged the headphone in the screen was asleep/dark. Also, I had used the headset before, so it seems to be random although not very frequent.
    Were you using the headset that came with the storm ... has a mic on it?
    02-04-09 01:40 PM
    I use the headset that came with the storm.

I've had the same problem, every time I was using either 75 or 8x. I agree aaronwh98, my screen was off each time so it is possibly related.
    02-04-09 02:17 PM
    i use moodio, insert my headphones several times a day and have never had that problem.

Maybe you have something wrong with your headset?
    02-04-09 02:22 PM
    mine also did this
    02-04-09 03:47 PM
    I had this happen once right after i upgraded. I plugged it into my car stereo and it restarted. I let it reboot and then pulled the battery and haven't had a random reboot since.
    02-04-09 05:16 PM
    I also started a topic about this today coincidentally. Has been happening to me from the start, .78. up to now, .100.

Crap....
    02-04-09 05:49 PM
    I've had .99 installed since it was released without any problems, that is, until the same thing happened to me today. I plugged in the stock headset and the phone randomly rebooted. I pulled the battery and was fine after that. Crazy bugs...
    02-04-09 07:36 PM
    I use the headset that came with the storm.

I've had the same problem, every time I was using either 75 or 8x. I agree aaronwh98, my screen was off each time so it is possibly related.
    I've been testing this theory while the screen was active and inactive with the original OS .75 that was preloaded on my Storm. Not one single reboot thus far.
    02-04-09 09:15 PM
    I too had this issue when the Storm's screen was off/idle. I can't confirm whether it happens in .99 as I've not had it happen so far, but I've gotten into the habit of making sure the phone isn't idle/in standby when I plug in/unplug my headphones. Irritating, nonetheless. For me it happened with every version of the OS.
    02-04-09 11:23 PM
    i sit and play poker alot and use my storm constantly to listen to music while doing so.use my mp3's on the mem card and slacker radio.use the headsets that came with the phone and no problems at all.could be a hardware thing with the phone,possibly metal contacts shorting something.probably not but sounds weird the way its happening.started playin with my storm as im writing this and again it works fine,music is clear as a bell. hope you find a solution.
    02-05-09 12:36 AM
    I had an MP3 playing with 99 loaded and connected a pair of PC speakers to my storm, the next thing i hear is a voice talking about voice dialing?????
    02-05-09 01:36 AM
    I too had this issue when the Storm's screen was off/idle. I can't confirm whether it happens in .99 as I've not had it happen so far, but I've gotten into the habit of making sure the phone isn't idle/in standby when I plug in/unplug my headphones. Irritating, nonetheless. For me it happened with every version of the OS.
    I'm not sure, but I am hopefull after reading your post. I will definately keep an eye out for this. I use it a lot, so it happens a lot.
    02-05-09 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD