As I stated in another thread I started right when I got it, My storm is Mexican, built on 12/9/2008. It came preloaded with SW .75 .

After playing with it for about 8 hrs. I have to say that I LOVE THIS PHONE I went to "storm wiki" site to look up all the additional apps i could get for this phone. Downloaded every single one I liked. And love everything I have the ability to do with it them.

Key Points:
    - I have not experienced any lag as at all with the phone
    - I went through the phone and deleted a couple of apps that I didn't need before I ever programmed the phone on to VZW's network. I.E. Vcast/raphsody, facebook, ect...
    - I am not new to Blackberry's at all, so while the OS is different on the device, the setup/shortcuts that I knew from my curve seem to work on the storm.
    - email set up and contacts sync has worked great for me.
    - Love the desktop charger and how bedtime mode works.
    - I love the weatherbug app and works great for me
    - I set up my own folder were I put all icons/apps I didn't use or need, but did not want to delete. I believe it does help with Performance.
    - I also made sure I moved similar type of apps/icons to their respective folders that were already on the device. Example: I moved VZnav & media to the applications folder. I moved all 5 of my email icons to an emails folder I set up.
    - I moved the "lock" icon to my own folder, because It is not needed as the phone has a dedicated lock button.
    - I spent about a week and a half reading all sorts of post/threads on crackberry before I even received the phone. So when I got the phone I had very good knowledge about the the phone and what to expect.
    - After spending time with this phone and my friends iphone, I can say that both are very comparable and the storm is a nice alternative for a person seeking an Iphone type of device.

All in all, there are just a lot of things I like/love about this device. And I feel lucky that I was able to get one of the good ones, W/O any issues.

On a side note, I initially thought I had the screen click problem but using the device more I don't think there was ever an issues
    Last edited by stormdevil; 12-16-08 at 12:08 PM.
    12-16-08 12:01 PM
    I totally agree with your assessment, Storm devil. It seems the more I use this device, the easier it gets. With a couple more sw updates, I believe we've got us a very serious, powerhouse here. One we can all depend on.
    12-16-08 12:28 PM
    Yes, I believe that if it wasn't for this site, my learning curve would've been a few days longer. And that is why I can see your average person either hating the device or returning it because it is not working the way they want it to. I feel that one thing the Iphone/Apple does a better job of is simplifying things for the consumer. Berry's are designed more for the power/business professional who are more tech savvy. So I don't have a problem with the berry being a bit less simple. But I have to give kudos to VZW, I was in their store the other day and they are promoting 1:1 tech tutoring on the storm at select stores every week on wednesdays. The rep told me you can just go into the store and get all your questions answered as well as learn some tips/tricks about the phone, for free. The rep called it a PDA workshop that VZW is implementing so people are happy with their device.
    12-16-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD