If you go to root -> Program Files -> Common Files -> Research In Motion -> Shared -> Loader Files, you will see a list of folders with the last installed versions. If you delete them and reinstall the latest upgrade it should work.
    Thanks for the info I'll give it a shot
    12-05-08 02:47 PM
    So you really do need to call and reactivate? Anyone get it through OTA?
    12-05-08 02:48 PM
    Only delete the vendor file if you want it unlocked and have it unlocked
    You only have to delete the vendor file if you are downloading an OS for your 9530 from another vendor (company) like Bell for example.
    12-05-08 02:48 PM
    Ah right lol. That's what I meant
    12-05-08 02:51 PM
    Are you on an Enterprise or Professional server with your work? It has to be set on the Blackberry Server there. Verizon or Blackberry have not control over that. Your IT department would handle that and you would need to contact them. Blackberry Enterprise Servers have IT policies that can be configured and they would have to allow that. It will depend on them and whether or not they want to allow it.

If you are not a member of a BES, then your issue should be different. Are you paying $29.99 for internet or $44.99?
    I am on BES. I have the same question that I have seen many others ask here. What do I need to ask my IT person to make it so that I can get the wireless upgrade OTA?

Plus, I should be able to do it myself on the DM regardless, right?
    12-05-08 02:55 PM
    well after 15 min it's done...It just says "you have to re connect your phone" then you press the "connect" button and 10-15 seconds later your reconnected and you get a email from blackberry titled :registration , and another welcoming you to VZW
    12-05-08 03:01 PM
    I am on BES. I have the same question that I have seen many others ask here. What do I need to ask my IT person to make it so that I can get the wireless upgrade OTA?

If you read posts involving me from the past few pages, you'll see the settings your BES admin must change.
    12-05-08 03:08 PM
    Just did the upgrade from Application UPloader on the desktop thing and well it gave me the .75 software but deleted everything else. I don't even have an Application App Installer icon anymore.

What the **** is this about? I just lost it all.
    12-05-08 03:11 PM
    I am using a BES server and performed the update manually using desktop manager since I wasn't getting it OTA. The update went through flawlessly. After it was done, BES reactivated automatically.

FYI, I had to turn off the device and remove the battery to reset before my sounds started working again. Weird.
    12-05-08 03:15 PM

"Allow Non Enterprise Upgrade" has to be set to true. This will be in the IT policy section of the BES.

More than likely you can do it with the .exe that you can download from verizon. The desktop updater from Blackberry's website will likely not work.

You may or may not have to have the admin reactivate you after the upgrade. Mixed results there. I had to reactivate mine after installing the leak. No biggie if your admin is easy to work with and get a hold of.
    12-05-08 03:51 PM
    Pianoman,

when you use the app installer or sometimes even the desktop manager to install a update or to downgrade you always need to go into the options and double check that the check boxes are checked for all the programs on your BB and that under options its set to back up your data.

If you dont do that then it will uninstall everything and only reinstall the core apps.

Connect it to your computer and run the upgrade again. If it says no upgrade options found hit next or options and it should bring up a list of programs go through and check everything you need or want and let it reinstall them.

As for recovery of what you might have lost, with out a back up your SOL unless you have your contacts and calender and such in outlook in which case it will auto sink back onto your phone.
    12-05-08 03:56 PM
    I am on BES and the upgrade went fine. I have contacted my admin to re-activate my account on the server as that is required. Overall -- liking the upgrades - speed etc...
    12-05-08 04:08 PM
    I updated using the link they provided in an email: na.blackberry.com/eng/update. It took about 15 minutes and was painless. It restored all my apps and their data automatically, even though I had made a backup.
    12-05-08 04:22 PM
    ok so i just read all 13 pages of this post and no one still has a pic of update on phone? i still dont have update and its 6 04 est where i am..... wtf i wish i was not at work
    12-05-08 05:04 PM
189 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD