Is there a program that allows me to assign individual ringtone and/or photos etc to individuals in the contact list? There were such programs on my Treo and would like to have it for my Storm. This is my first BB phone. I like and am learning the Storm. I came from the Treo. Thank you.

Gary
    12-05-08 06:15 PM
    Is this your first forum? Please search been covered a billion times
    12-05-08 06:29 PM
    Welcome to CB. You should find everything you need here...http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    12-05-08 06:30 PM
    Yes, there is a way to assign specific ring tones to contacts(not sure on the pictures). I did it by playing around with my phone, and cant remember the step by step instructions. Hopefully a more seasoned user, can give you the guidance this newbie cant.
    12-05-08 06:30 PM
    On the storm if give you the option in the contacts info area..jeez
    12-05-08 06:32 PM
    Yes, I did do the search engine and no it did not bring up threads on INDIVIDUAL RINGTONE ASSIGNMENT!. Yes I can change it for the various groups of CONTACTS versus say SMS etc. I can add a picture but NOT RINGTONE. But I was asking on INDIVIDUAL. Yes I did go through the BB101. Thanks
    12-05-08 09:22 PM
    If i understand what you're trying to do it's very simple.

Open contacts, select don't click on the contact, push the menu key and choose edit.

Under Custom ring tones/alerts click on Phone change the ring tone to what you want. you can also change the message tone. Hope that helps.

Edit: you change the photos in the same screen.
    Last edited by kev83202; 12-05-08 at 09:53 PM.
    12-05-08 09:43 PM
    Kev83202, thank you and yes that was the question I was asking as I could not find this answer when I performed forum searches or in the 101 series. I found the options etc for making changes but did not know using the EDIT option bought up a different selection of editing functions that were different from when you were actually in the contact itself. I appreciate your kind reply. Thank you.

Gary
    12-05-08 10:27 PM
    very welcome hope you enjoy
    12-05-08 11:27 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can also go to your music (in media) click on a song you want. Menu the song. select assign rington/alert. go to contacts and select the contact.
    12-05-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD