I've been a Blackberry user years now. I've promoted them. I've defended them. And I'd rather not think of how much money I've spent on them. After all of it, I am currently a Storm2 user. Its a phone that finds a way to annoy me every way possible. Battery life sucks. Navigating text sucks. The surepress screen clicks with a mind of its own. For all the hype, the screen (as pretty as it is) sucks. The browser sucks.

I cannot take this phone seriously anymore.

I've gotten so disappointed watching so many of my Blackberry friends disappear from my BBM, but it might be time for me to leave. The HTC Incredible is simply incredible. Even if I wanted to ditch the Storm2 for a traditional Blackberry with a real QUERTY and trackpad, what has RIM delivered to Verizon lately? Absolutely nothing that competes with the Incredible.

The Incredible delivers. Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to hang on the Storm2 right now?
    05-22-10 07:10 PM
    You got me man. I'm ready to ditch, too. The wifey always nags me at the mention of leaving BB because of messenger, but my simple reply is skype.

The only thing holding me back is 0S6. After that, if it fails (like I assume), I'm gone too.
    05-22-10 07:15 PM
    Everyone has a choice in life. Everyday something bigger and better rolls out.
    05-22-10 07:19 PM
    push twitter
    push IM (facebook chat, aim, gtalk, yahoo etc)
    a battery that lasts longer than a day
    push email and better messaging in general
    BBM
    world phone capability
    Bluetooth VAD

i can list some more
    05-22-10 07:26 PM
    Just get an Incredible. No use for us talking you into staying if you can't convince yourself. It really doesn't matter. People come and go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 08:33 PM
    Deke09 said it well. I too am a Blackberry fan and although I must stay with Blackberry due to work, I've been a fan but this is one screwed up device. I've been through about 5 that have failed for various reasons. Upgraded to each leaked version and the latest release hoping they would figure out how to program the monster they built. Each replacement has had a different feel to the keyboard and it's own set of wierd problems. The worst is typing. As a business device it's an embarassment to send emails from this device. I can't trust a thing I write. Typing is just a disaster and as the OP mentioned the screen has a mind of it's own. I'm sure I have some fault but it can't always be me and I never had a problem with other Blackberry's. It lags terribly at times, changes from letters to numbers randomly, changes words I know I typed correctly and randomly deletes text. This is my 4th model of Blackberry so I tend to understand how they work but this is just a lemon. I don't mean to offend any Storm 2 lovers but there are days I would love to throw this thing as far as i can.
    Sorry for the vent but I had such high hopes for the S2 and now I'm stuck for another year and a half with this thing.
    My friend just got the increadible and the name is quite appropriate. We tested it's email and it was seemless though his exchange server.
    05-22-10 08:57 PM
    You can't type on an incedible unless you are holding it in your hand. It won't type from a stand or sitting on a table.

05-22-10 09:07 PM
    Deke09 said it well. I too am a Blackberry fan and although I must stay with Blackberry due to work, I've been a fan but this is one screwed up device. I've been through about 5 that have failed for various reasons. Upgraded to each leaked version and the latest release hoping they would figure out how to program the monster they built. Each replacement has had a different feel to the keyboard and it's own set of wierd problems. The worst is typing. As a business device it's an embarassment to send emails from this device. I can't trust a thing I write. Typing is just a disaster and as the OP mentioned the screen has a mind of it's own. I'm sure I have some fault but it can't always be me and I never had a problem with other Blackberry's. It lags terribly at times, changes from letters to numbers randomly, changes words I know I typed correctly and randomly deletes text. This is my 4th model of Blackberry so I tend to understand how they work but this is just a lemon. I don't mean to offend any Storm 2 lovers but there are days I would love to throw this thing as far as i can.
    Sorry for the vent but I had such high hopes for the S2 and now I'm stuck for another year and a half with this thing.
    My friend just got the increadible and the name is quite appropriate. We tested it's email and it was seemless though his exchange server.
    I agree that people should go with whatever they like but all that you listed isn't the norm for this phone. Pumping out emails is the best part for me. I'm on bis but I'm allowed to use for work also and it's a lifesaver for me
    05-22-10 09:49 PM
    Everything I've read seems to indicate that the battery life on the Incredible is even worse than the iPhone. Since the iPhone is far worse than the Storm, my math indicates you would ha e even more to complain about in that department. However, maybe other things will more than make up for it. There's no point in whining here and there's no point in trying to talk you out of it. If you think it will work better for you then get it. Not everyone likes the same things or has the same needs.

Now, my thoughts on the Incredible. I think it is almost incredible. It is good enough that I am thinking about replacing our iPhone 3G with one, but not good enough to replace the Storm. Not because I don't like it but because the Storm is better for MY needs. They missed on two areas that are important to me; world phone capability and battery life. There are some other small things, but those are the biggies. I also hate using touch screens that have no "give.". It would take me awhile to adjust. Using the iPhone is like typing on a window and it is very odd and annoying. Would be the same for the Incredible. SurePress was a major reason I went with the Storm2 and plan to stick with it for now.

05-22-10 09:54 PM
    push twitter So
    push IM (facebook chat, aim, gtalk, yahoo etc) So
    a battery that lasts longer than a day Storm 2? No it doesn't
    push email and better messaging in general Whatever
    BBM Overrated
    world phone capability Ok
    Bluetooth VAD Next month

i can list some more
    Please do.
    05-22-10 10:08 PM
    time to jump the ship
    05-22-10 10:37 PM
    I was on the incredible and came back to BB. The internet was incredibly fast and there were SO many toy's (apps) to download and play with that were FREE! But the battery life and typing performance was so inferior to my Storm that I could not take it anymore. I'm so happy to be back on BB.
    05-22-10 11:31 PM
    Surepress is the worst touchscreen made. It's great when it's working right, but when it goes bad on you, it seems like it's possessed. If anyone doubts that androids are better go watch day 2 of google i/o. Froyo is amazing. I use Better Keyboard and the speech to text is great. I use it for txts and emails. Only thing better that the storm2 did was voice dialing. It recognizes names better with people with unusual names over the androids voice dialing.
    05-23-10 01:05 AM
    Oh good. I was afraid there wasn't going to be one of these threads today. Why is it so hard to understand these threads belong in the Android forum and not here? And what is a QUERTY keyboard?

05-23-10 01:23 AM
    Oh good. I was afraid there wasn't going to be one of these threads today. Why is it so hard to understand these threads belong in the Android forum and not here? And what is a QUERTY keyboard?

You never have to fear that!
    05-23-10 02:01 AM
    My Storm is just perfect, I don't know how do you manage to make so much typing errors, WITH your spell check on(I assume you have it enabled), because I'm from Slovenia and this BB hasn't even made it in to sales in Slovenia, so there is no spell check option that would be useful for me, but still I make these typing mistakes rather rarely, every 10nth word if I press the wrong letter/number, so I can not see how the screen has " a will of its own".
    For the battery life, I have no problems with battery or whatsoever, it lasts whole day, without any problems, at the end of the day(around midnight) I still have 1/3 of battery left. Sometimes I also watch full movies during day and my BB never died on me so far( actually it did 2 or 3 times, but I didn't charge it for 2 days, so at the middle of third day it was dead).
    For me it is the ideal phone, that's just my opinion.
    05-23-10 06:01 AM
    I have been mulling this decision for a while. This is what I have come up with...
    1. The battery life on the Incredible is horrible. I used my cousins for a day and I could not take it. I think this can be fixed with the $50 extended battery.
    2. I can not do without bluetooth voice dialing. I use it everyday. I know this will be fixed with Android 2.2.
    3. I can type a lot faster with my S2.
    4. The browser is way better on the Incredible.

My conclusion is I am going to wait to see what os6 brings to my s2. By then android 2.2 will be out and maybe even a better Android phone. I will make my decision then.

Question... Will the Incredible be able to run on the new Verizon LTE network? That will also effect my decision.

05-23-10 06:56 AM
    I've been a Blackberry user years now. I've promoted them. I've defended them. And I'd rather not think of how much money I've spent on them. After all of it, I am currently a Storm2 user. Its a phone that finds a way to annoy me every way possible. Battery life sucks. Navigating text sucks. The surepress screen clicks with a mind of its own. For all the hype, the screen (as pretty as it is) sucks. The browser sucks.

I cannot take this phone seriously anymore.

I've gotten so disappointed watching so many of my Blackberry friends disappear from my BBM, but it might be time for me to leave. The HTC Incredible is simply incredible. Even if I wanted to ditch the Storm2 for a traditional Blackberry with a real QUERTY and trackpad, what has RIM delivered to Verizon lately? Absolutely nothing that competes with the Incredible.

The Incredible delivers. Can anyone give me a legitimate reason to hang on the Storm2 right now?

Short answer...NO.

READ this if you think the indredible is amazing....: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/i-...t-good-470894/

RIMM....I hope you're listening......
    05-23-10 06:57 AM
    My incredible is currently in a box and will be going back to Verizon today. Browser is better than BB yes and there are tons of free apps. But android is an unfinished Os. Very rough around the edges. Just my two cents.

05-23-10 07:29 AM
    I am happy for all of you! I am so glad that you chose to go with a device with an operating system made by a company that has been sued over 40 times in the past year alone (do a google search on it) by people and COUNTRIES for unauthorized data storage, invasion of privacy, data theft, unauthorized data usage, refusal to release data to police agencies both local and international, refusal to delete data collected, unauthorized data collection, data profiling, and the list goes on. This is very serious stuff and has gone on for 6 years or more. With a reputation like that and multiple public admissions of guilt regarding just about every Google program there is, I wonder what they are collecting from the phones they sell and how they will use that information. I am glad to know you are comfortable with that and can sleep well at night knowing Google is watching.
    05-23-10 07:48 AM
    I have been mulling this decision for a while. This is what I have come up with...
    1. The battery life on the Incredible is horrible. I used my cousins for a day and I could not take it. I think this can be fixed with the $50 extended battery.
    2. I can not do without bluetooth voice dialing. I use it everyday. I know this will be fixed with Android 2.2.
    3. I can type a lot faster with my S2.
    4. The browser is way better on the Incredible.

My conclusion is I am going to wait to see what os6 brings to my s2. By then android 2.2 will be out and maybe even a better Android phone. I will make my decision then.

Question... Will the Incredible be able to run on the new Verizon LTE network? That will also effect my decision.

nope, you will have to buy another phone. I dont think the storm 3 will either but still have my fingers crossed

Edit: It will run still but wont actually use the LTE technology
    05-23-10 07:49 AM
    The Incredible looks like a great phone but I prefer the Droid. Android 2.2 couldn't come sooner!

And for those on the fence, I'd say wait for OS6 because it looks like it'll deliver.
    05-23-10 09:15 AM
    I had an incredible for a week and the battery life was completely awful. It didn't last longer then 12 hours. That means it did not make it through the entire day. For that reason alone, I am staying away from the Incredible

push twitter
    push IM (facebook chat, aim, gtalk, yahoo etc)
    a battery that lasts longer than a day
    push email and better messaging in general
    BBM
    world phone capability
    Bluetooth VAD

i can list some more
    05-23-10 11:10 AM
    You can't type on an incedible unless you are holding it in your hand. It won't type from a stand or sitting on a table.
    First, why would I want to type that way. Second, neither will my S2.
    05-23-10 11:51 AM
    i can get 36+ hours on my storm 2 and about 24-26 on my Inc with a 1750 ext batt. Now that is when i am trying to stretch both devices and not playing with them too much. just for reference.
    05-23-10 12:05 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD