So I was just cleaning up my office and I noticed that the Storm actually came with some headphones, I quickly plugged them in to check out their quality. I tried to play a song and I'm only getting sound out of the right side. Anyone ever have anything similar? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting for 'stereo' somewhere that I overlooked?

TIA
    12-19-08 05:58 PM
    So I was just cleaning up my office and I noticed that the Storm actually came with some headphones, I quickly plugged them in to check out their quality. I tried to play a song and I'm only getting sound out of the right side. Anyone ever have anything similar? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting for 'stereo' somewhere that I overlooked?

TIA
    Spin the connector around a bit...then throw them away

IMO - They're pretty awful.
    12-19-08 06:05 PM
    They look pretty crappy, but I'm just worried that there is something wrong with my jack since I haven't actually used it before. I tried throwing them in the trash, but I still couldn't hear out of the left side...

I tried the headphones on my PC and both channels worked, that sucks, I think my jack on my storm is bad.

Thanks.
    12-19-08 06:15 PM
    This may sound stupid and maybe you already tried this, but did you make sure they were plugged in all the way? Sometimes even when they seem all the way in they are not. It could just be a matter of a very small fraction of an inch that makes the difference.
    12-19-08 06:23 PM
    This may sound stupid and maybe you already tried this, but did you make sure they were plugged in all the way? Sometimes even when they seem all the way in they are not. It could just be a matter of a very small fraction of an inch that makes the difference.
    I completely agree with this guy. I have a headphone jack on my computer speakers. if i force it in all the way, only one side works. I have to pull it out just a little bit...ever so slightly...and both sides work.
    12-19-08 06:32 PM
    Yep, even my ipod headphones plugged into the storm have to *click* into the last little bit. Hope you get it sorted because a bad jack would suck..
    12-19-08 06:39 PM
    Yes I did, I pressed as hard as I could. I'll have to find another pair and see if maybe it's a seating problem.
    12-19-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD