View Poll Results: Would you pay for an OS for your Storm

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 18.67%
  • No

61 81.33%
    I am actually a huge fan of your hybrids, and wish I had the new one running now. I paid the 10$ one time, but tired of having to pay for each new release or risking paying for a long term membership, only to find out that your hybrids are not offered on time to all, at no charge, exclusively through BBOS, just to drive traffic there and all of a sudden my VIP membership entitles me to faster downloads? I respect your work and wish that it was made more popular by equal, ontime offerings to all, rather than being used as a moneymaking operation to charge fees for membership to a community site. I think a lot more people would use them and have a better opinion of them if they were offered for free, exclusively through BBOS, as a way to drive traffic and that those mods chose to let people hang out over there, refreshing for next update and chatting about your hybrids, rather than being promoted on this site and dangling a "pre-release" with a payment
    It also helps run the site which in my opinion is LOADED with people who are willing to help, are very positive, has tons of resources, and less ridiculous posts......
    05-26-09 10:05 PM
    Thank you BBOS moderator, for your opinion. But all of these people have the hybrid, I do not. The only difference between them and I is that they paid a fee and I did not. So, how is it that they are not paying for the hybrid. And I am sure that you have NO vested interest in people paying money to that site, while I do? (sarcasm)
    Wow, good thing you had (sarcasm) in parantheses.........
    I have NO vested interest in people paying money to the site, BUT I did. I'm glad I did. I have an amazing hybrid. Stop ********, wait 2 days and get it for free. This is one of the things bbos.com does NOT have.......whining and complaining.
    05-26-09 10:09 PM
    Not going there Jason, good try..
    05-26-09 10:11 PM
    jason I would suggest you simply go back to .75.....probably all you can handle....
    05-26-09 10:21 PM
    Ignorance is bliss.....

Ok if it is so great then why isnt it in any more builds!? Ive tested the .90 and i really dont care for it. The .148 is much better, to each there own but do not call me ignorant.
    05-26-09 10:21 PM
    Ok if it is so great then why isnt it in any more builds!? Ive tested the .90 and i really dont care for it. The .148 is much better, to each there own but do not call me ignorant.
    Maybe you should stop popping off like a firecracker and try the new hybrid. Nuff said.
    05-26-09 10:23 PM
    I will be downloading it and compairing files in the loader, however I have been loving the 5.0 files all 81 of them to be exact and soon to be more. I have ran bbcrackman's hybrids and yes I do like them but I definatly feel my phone right now is the best yet.
    05-26-09 10:28 PM
    I am a VIP over there. I went ahead and paid $10 for a membership and got V6. My main reason is I am a GSM user and I wanted to see if the .90 radio would truly be stable for me. Up until now, I have waited and got the hybrids on public release. Its not really a big deal.

Now for my opinion. The hybrid runs very well. I have had it on my phone most of today. For a GSM user, it goes straight to EDGE and does not crash. This allows me to run any app whether it is BIS or TCP. Prviously I was using v5 .132 and had to use all BIS apps and force the phone to go to EDGE by turning the radio off and on a few times. The .90 radio option also gives you larger font on the keyboard and less color banding.

I have had 1 random reboot and I attribute that to my daughter pulling the phone in and out of the sleeve and casuing it to go in and out of sleep mode. I have had no media card issues or VSODs. If this continues, I will be really happy but I am not ready to call it perfect yet and will give it a few more days and let it settle in.

I have seen the clock/hourglass a few more times than normal but it has not effected anything really.

Browser is much quicker but this is a known advance of the 5.0 files he is using. Accelerometer is great. Radio strength is good as well. I have 3-4 bars here at home where I was getting 2-3 with .132.

Thats about all I have for now. If I were on Verizon, I do not know if I would go with .90. I might just use V6 with the .148 radio. That is an option as Crackman has both files available. There seem to be 2 main advantages to the .90 radio. The color issue bothers some more than others. If I were watching video a good bit, I might be disturbed but ultimately I can see the diffeence in my themes but its not a hangup for me. The keyboard is a non-issue for me. I have checked and they are exactly the same size, the font is just larger in the .90 radio.

I hope this helps the OP. I too have tried Lyric's hybrids. Someone seemed to insinuate he is a Crackberry exclusive. He posts his hybrids and is very active on BBOS as well. Anyway, I do like his stuff but ultimately I always default back to Crackman's stuff. It has always just been more stable for me with less updates. I appreciate both though and all the work they do for us.
    05-26-09 10:34 PM
    I just want to say to the OP and others like him, they are rude!!!

First of all, a VIP membership has NOTHING to do with the hybrids!!! VIP membership is a way to support the site, and every site has their own ways (CB does too). Getting a hybrid early (by a few days) is just a bonus of being VIP! People are not paying for the hybrid, people are paying to be part of the friendliest team and to help each other with issues!!! And, not even that, people are more than welcome to come and participate for FREE, and they will be helped!

Second, it was officially announced that V6 Hybrid will be released on May 28th. Is it May 28th? No! Well, then what are you complaining about? Who said you have to pay to get it?

Third, you and people like you, are the reason many people are turning away from CB, why leaks are stopping and why many people lose their enthusiasm to help others!!!

Sorry, but I am very happy to be part of a helpful, friendly and non bashing environment!

And you can think and bash forever....your choice....
    05-26-09 10:56 PM
    I will be downloading it and compairing files in the loader, however I have been loving the 5.0 files all 81 of them to be exact and soon to be more. I have ran bbcrackman's hybrids and yes I do like them but I definatly feel my phone right now is the best yet.
    Don't get me wrong, I have tried lyricidal's hybrids and he is amazing! That being said, bbcrackman has mastered this hybrid with the .90 radio. It can work differently for other devices, but UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED IT, you can't judge......
    05-26-09 11:07 PM
    Ok will do..I am never one to judge before trying it out! have you came across any EDGE problems though?
    05-26-09 11:21 PM
    I just want to say to the OP and others like him, they are rude!!!

First of all, a VIP membership has NOTHING to do with the hybrids!!! VIP membership is a way to support the site, and every site has their own ways (CB does too). Getting a hybrid early (by a few days) is just a bonus of being VIP! People are not paying for the hybrid, people are paying to be part of the friendliest team and to help each other with issues!!! And, not even that, people are more than welcome to come and participate for FREE, and they will be helped!

Second, it was officially announced that V6 Hybrid will be released on May 28th. Is it May 28th? No! Well, then what are you complaining about? Who said you have to pay to get it?

Third, you and people like you, are the reason many people are turning away from CB, why leaks are stopping and why many people lose their enthusiasm to help others!!!

Sorry, but I am very happy to be part of a helpful, friendly and non bashing environment!

And you can think and bash forever....your choice....
    Strong call sister! I'm with ya!
    05-26-09 11:22 PM
    Ok will do..I am never one to judge before trying it out! have you came across any EDGE problems though?
    I am consistantly in 1XEV. My signal is VERY strong.....stronger than it has ever been IMHO
    1 random reboot, an hourglass twice, and that's it. AMAZING
    05-26-09 11:24 PM
    You know. I was going to not say anything but thought I would mention a few things. Jason, if I remember correctly, you did not pay for a membership over there. I believe I saw one of your posts here and thought I would do something nice and give you 1 month free membership. So, don't act or tell everyone that you paid when you really did not. Don't worry though, I def wont help you out anymore. VIP memberships help support the site. You can ask any one who runs their own site that has heavy traffic, its not cheap. I'm pretty damn sure Kevin pays a lot on hosting and costs to keep things up and running. It's not no 80.00 a year hosting plan on some shared server. Ask Bla1ze, he runs a well known site, he'll attest that its not cheap. So when a member decides to sign up for V.I.P membership, he or she is helping support the site and one of the added benefits is to download the hybrid before the general public. If you are going get mad about it and cry then oh well. Life's a hassle but it moves on. There's more important things to get mad about instead of sitting behind a computer screen mad because you can not get the hybrid right now. In fact you can actually wait until the hybrid gets posted up over here, no need for you to come over to our site and download it since you don't like it. Don't you worry, the link will come to you. You pretty much make it seem like you don't like BlackberryOS. That's fine, you don't have to tell us, it can clearly be picked up by your post. Yet, if you don't like us that much then why are you over there frequently? And 15 minutes after you posted this why did you 'follow us' on twitter? Whats the reason for following us if you do not approve of what we do? You can get an attitude and say whatever you want about the site but really..c'mon. You're sitting at a computer crying because you do not wish to support the site. Which is fine but damn, be a man and just wait. Why b!tch about it in a post? To all those people who have signed up for V.I.P's whether it be in the past or to the 20 who signed up AFTER this post you posted, thank you. Honestly! In fact, I'm thinking about making everyone who signed up in the past a VIP for a week, except for you, so they can download the hybrid. Do you sit there and cry when ticketmaster pre-releases tickets to members who pay and get that as an added benefit and you have to wait three more days. I'm going to end this with this. If you don't want to support BlackberryOS then fine, but don't sit there and talk like you don't like us when you are frequently over there and you just started to follow us on twitter after you posted this crying post. Either you're two faced and don't want people to know that deep down, you secretly like us or ya, whatever. All I know is I'm not going to go out of my way to help you again. Like I said, you can wait for the hybrid to be posted up over here. Peace out.
    05-26-09 11:31 PM
    You know. I was going to not say anything but thought I would mention a few things. Jason, if I remember correctly, you did not pay for a membership over there. I believe I saw one of your posts here and thought I would do something nice and give you 1 month free membership. So, don't act or tell everyone that you paid when you really did not. Don't worry though, I def wont help you out anymore. VIP memberships help support the site. You can ask any one who runs their own site that has heavy traffic, its not cheap. sh!t, I'm pretty damn sure Kevin pays a lot on hosting and costs to keep things up and running. It's not no 80.00 a year hosting plan on some shared server. Ask Bla1ze, he runs a well known site, he'll attest that its not cheap. So when a member decides to sign up for V.I.P membership, he or she is helping support the site and one of the added benefits is to download the hybrid before the general public. If you are going get mad about it and cry then oh well. Life's a b!tch but it moves on. There's more important things to get mad about instead of sitting behind a computer screen mad because you can not get the hybrid right now. In fact you can actually wait until the hybrid gets posted up over here, no need for you to come over to our site and download it since you don't like it. Don't you worry, the link will come to you. You pretty much make it seem like you don't like BlackberryOS. That's fine, you don't have to tell us, it can clearly be picked up by your post. Yet, if you don't like us that much then why are you over there frequently? And 15 minutes after you posted this why did you 'follow us' on twitter? Whats the reason for following us if you do not approve of what we do? You can get an attitude and say whatever you want about the site but really..c'mon. You're sitting at a computer crying because you do not wish to support the site. Which is fine but damn, be a man and just wait. Why b!tch about it in a post? To all those people who have signed up for V.I.P's whether it be in the past or to the 20 who signed up AFTER this post you posted, thank you. Honestly! In fact, I'm thinking about making everyone who signed up in the past a VIP for a week, except for you, so they can download the hybrid. Do you sit there and cry when ticketmaster pre-releases tickets to members who pay and get that as an added benefit and you have to wait three more days. I'm going to end this with this. If you don't want to support BlackberryOS then fine, but don't sit there and talk like you don't like us when you are frequently over there and you just started to follow us on twitter after you posted this crying post. Either you're two faced and don't want people to know that deep down, you secretly like us or ya, whatever. All I know is I'm not going to go out of my way to help you again. Like I said, you can wait for the hybrid to be posted up over here. Peace out.
    Case dismissed.......
    05-26-09 11:39 PM
    Closed....

This issue is NOT an issue to be raised on CrackBerry, the only reason why it existed this long was in hopes everyone could maintain a friendly conversation regarding the Hybrid OS'..some of you gave good points as to why, some of you failed and decided to take it way off topic and make it an issue with BlackBerryOS.

And please, allow me personally as a moderator of CrackBerry..not BlackBerryOS... to say that site operations do not come cheap for any site which has traffic. Offering VIP services with perks IS something sites do often to offset costs for servers.

If you don't wanna pay it...don't no one is forcing you to do so, sit and wait and the hybrid OS show up in their own time.

Case closed..
    05-26-09 11:46 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD