View Poll Results: Would you pay for an OS for your Storm

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 18.67%
  • No

61 81.33%
    I would like to get some unbiased opinions on BBCM's v6 from some VIP members who paid (ie--not a bbos mod) on your impressions, pros and cons
    05-26-09 03:30 PM
    I have not used any of BBCM's releases as of yet, But..

My opinion:
    If I new for a fact, that the DEV offering the OS had access to the OS source and thus was programming improvements, fixes, and adding user requested features, I would pay! for those releases. Sort of what like the guys at XDA Developers do for Windows Mobile devices (They Cook there own ROMS). But if someone is just cutting and pasting pieces from one OS release to another, then NO! (S**t I can do that myself).

Regards...
    05-26-09 04:26 PM
    i haven't tryed any of his os's either. but i would certainly not pay for an os with all the leaks coming out and other contributing people releasing hybrids. this poll must be a joke
    05-26-09 05:02 PM
    I like it.

Booted at 47 mb this morning at 5am and still at 45 mb at 6 pm (running pandora, QL,VZ Navigator, Opera)

80% battery left

Fast transitions between apps

05-26-09 05:08 PM
    Forgot to mention ran pandora for an hour with lots of emails and texts
    05-26-09 05:09 PM
    probably not....but if i must say so myself....bbcrackman makes probably the best hybrids out there.....if i HAD to pay...i would probably buy his...
    05-26-09 06:29 PM
    You don't have to pay for it, it gets released for free on Thursday.

As for the hybrid itself, its been running pretty well for me far. I have had issues with the media player, but its been a problem for me with all the builds so far.

I think its an issue because of all that I'm demanding from the phone when I am watching a video. I stream the audio via bluetooth, have a couple bbm chats going on, receive calls, emails, etc. Eventually something always crashes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by acwyau; 05-26-09 at 07:03 PM.
    05-26-09 06:53 PM
    Sorry but Lyricidal makes killer hybrids and they are FREE!!!! I am not going to pay for something that I can get for free.
    05-26-09 07:02 PM
    To be honest, the first ever Hybrid i used was BBcrackman.. it was good !!

But i think now, We here on CB have one of the best hybrid makers in Lyricidal, I find his to be super... he goes the extra mile to help those having probs... his shrink OS rocks...

BBcrackman was and is one of the best... but IMHO.. I think he is getting a run for his money!!

Pay for an OS? what will they think of next, a coin slot on the side of my storm
    Last edited by Maples; 05-26-09 at 07:11 PM.
    05-26-09 07:06 PM
    You don't have to pay for it, it gets released for free on Thursday.

As for the hybrid itself, its been running pretty well for me far. I have had issues with the media player, but its been a problem for me with all the builds so far.

I think its an issue because of all that I'm demanding from the phone when I am watching a video. I stream the audio via bluetooth, have a couple bbm chats going on, receive calls, emails, etc. Eventually something always crashes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EXACTLY!!! Who said anyone pays for the hybrids?????
    05-26-09 07:12 PM
    i think all the originall poster is asking, is if you think it's fair that those who have paid to be VIP on BBOS are getting the OS before others.

to be clear, if you wait past the 28th, it will be available free to EVERYBODY!
    05-26-09 07:34 PM
    Exactly part 2

the poll and the thread title don't have anything to do with each other....you can have bbcrackman's hybrid for free on Thursday.....

advance release of the various hybrids released on BBOS is just one of the perks of the V.I.P. membership at BBOS.....

one of the other perks is less crackpot posters.....

(not you olta....just seconding your reply)
    05-26-09 07:34 PM
    Sorry but Lyricidal makes killer hybrids and they are FREE!!!! I am not going to pay for something that I can get for free.
    yeah exactly and its better! i would pay a couple bucks for his hybrid.
    05-26-09 07:37 PM
    Lyricidal is the GOD of hybrids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-26-09 07:40 PM
    I really wouldnt want to have the .90 radio on my phone anyways! Its very unstable and why would you want it for cdma service?!
    05-26-09 07:43 PM
    Well, I am not surprised. I think this topic comes up everytime its released. You dont have to load them, it is only there if you want them. I cant believe that some individuals have the misconseption that you pay for my Hybrids....thats funny. As stated before you can wait and download it on the 28th if you want. Being a VIP just means you get it before anyone else and that is only one of the great perks of being a VIP at BBOS.

I agree that lyricidal makes an awesome Hybrid as well. I use his Shrink a OS too. But apparently there is anomosity and for no reason. We are a community of BlackBerry users that come together to help one another by doing what it takes to improve upon products that are deficiant in some manner, or help members understand more about the devices they chose to purchase, either the newbie or the experienced user.

In a nutshell, you can use my Hybrid or not. You can be a VIP member or not. We are all here to help one another and get information for ourselves.

I am sorry some of you feel the way you do.

BBCrackman
    05-26-09 07:59 PM
    classy post crackman....very well put....

unfortunately no matter where you go, the fanboys are there that feel they have to cheer on their phone, os, video game system, fill in blank......

anyone whose used the various OS's and hybrids and have read these forums should know that our Storms all seem to act differently....what may run good this time might not the next.....
    05-26-09 08:15 PM
    Well, I am not surprised. I think this topic comes up everytime its released. You dont have to load them, it is only there if you want them. I cant believe that some individuals have the misconseption that you pay for my Hybrids....thats funny. As stated before you can wait and download it on the 28th if you want. Being a VIP just means you get it before anyone else and that is only one of the great perks of being a VIP at BBOS.

I agree that lyricidal makes an awesome Hybrid as well. I use his Shrink a OS too. But apparently there is anomosity and for no reason. We are a community of BlackBerry users that come together to help one another by doing what it takes to improve upon products that are deficiant in some manner, or help members understand more about the devices they chose to purchase, either the newbie or the experienced user.

In a nutshell, you can use my Hybrid or not. You can be a VIP member or not. We are all here to help one another and get information for ourselves.

BBCrackman
    Classy is an understatement. Thank you for all your hard work and help, especially for us newbies.
    05-26-09 08:33 PM
    My 2 cents on the matter....

We should be thanking BBcrackman, Lyricidal, Holli, and Sith for all the hard work they put into releasing these. They don't get paid and apparently some feel the need to be rude. There is no where that says you have to pay to have this hybrid, it is a perk to VIP members at BBOS. If you want it now then sign up, if you don't want to pay then wait two more days.
    05-26-09 08:36 PM
    To be honest, the first ever Hybrid i used was BBcrackman.. it was good !!

But i think now, We here on CB have one of the best hybrid makers in Lyricidal, I find his to be super... he goes the extra mile to help those having probs... his shrink OS rocks...

BBcrackman was and is one of the best... but IMHO.. I think he is getting a run for his money!!

Pay for an OS? what will they think of next, a coin slot on the side of my storm
    a run for his money? yea ok!
    05-26-09 09:16 PM
    Thank you BBOS moderator, for your opinion. But all of these people have the hybrid, I do not. The only difference between them and I is that they paid a fee and I did not. So, how is it that they are not paying for the hybrid. And I am sure that you have NO vested interest in people paying money to that site, while I do? (sarcasm)
    05-26-09 09:37 PM
    my mom can take files and mixem up and give them to you for a price.
    05-26-09 09:38 PM
    My 2 cents on the matter....

We should be thanking BBcrackman, Lyricidal, Holli, and Sith for all the hard work they put into releasing these. They don't get paid and apparently some feel the need to be rude. There is no where that says you have to pay to have this hybrid, it is a perk to VIP members at BBOS. If you want it now then sign up, if you don't want to pay then wait two more days.
    Thank you also, BBOS moderator. Amazing how all of the BBOS mods who post on here are defending? And do lyric, holli or Sith charge me to get a hybrid "early"? But BBCM does. Why wouldnt he just post it over there for free, for everyone, to drive traffic over to the site, then you guys just dont post a thread over here on it? Instead, you guys charge for the "priviledge" of having the hybrid early so that you can drive more people over to pay for VIP membership. I would think that not charging and having people checking/ chatting on your site would be more beneficial than charging $10 to get this hybrid early but i guess that is just me "professor"
    05-26-09 09:40 PM

BBCrackman
    I am actually a huge fan of your hybrids, and wish I had the new one running now. I paid the 10$ one time, but tired of having to pay for each new release or risking paying for a long term membership, only to find out that your hybrids are not offered on time to all, at no charge, exclusively through BBOS, just to drive traffic there and all of a sudden my VIP membership entitles me to faster downloads? I respect your work and wish that it was made more popular by equal, ontime offerings to all, rather than being used as a moneymaking operation to charge fees for membership to a community site. I think a lot more people would use them and have a better opinion of them if they were offered for free, exclusively through BBOS, as a way to drive traffic and that those mods chose to let people hang out over there, refreshing for next update and chatting about your hybrids, rather than being promoted on this site and dangling a "pre-release" with a payment
    05-26-09 09:44 PM
    I really wouldnt want to have the .90 radio on my phone anyways! Its very unstable and why would you want it for cdma service?!
    Ignorance is bliss.....
    05-26-09 10:03 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD