Verizon. It was as simple as this...

1. Walked into the store
    2. Handed my phone to the customer service rep
    3. Told her "I'm sure you've been getting lots of these back"
    4. <She smiles>
    5. I say "Well, I'm not returning mine. Just need a replacement. My screen doesn't click properly."
    6. I wait to see if she knows what I'm talking about.
    7. She immediately clicks the corner... notices it doesn't "click"
    8. She asks me to wait a moment and goes to the back.
    9. She returns with a brand new phone in a new box.

I won't bore you with the rest (reactivation, etc). But, it was quite literally as easy as that.
    01-12-09 07:49 PM
    That's pretty cool. Mine was almost as good as that, but the store was out of Storms, so I tried the telephone route...
    01-12-09 08:51 PM
    I think you lucked out for the most part but congrats!

Not so easy for some of us tho. Can you breathe some of that luck on me?
    01-12-09 08:56 PM
    I went to one store in my area and was told they had no replacement units. I asked if they had a new one and was told "yes, but I can't give it to you".
    I realized I wasn't at a corporate store and left. Went to a corporate store and not only was I issued a replacement immediately, the girl also made sure the new one had a good click thoughout the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:56 PM
    How can you tell a corporate store from a non corporate store? I know there are verizon stores and then there are verizon authorized dealers, is that the only difference?
    01-12-09 08:58 PM
    I think you lucked out for the most part but congrats!

Not so easy for some of us tho. Can you breathe some of that luck on me?
    I think it was the fact it was a REAL ISSUE...
    Not like some I read here not knowing if there's a "click issue"....

Or returning for leaking light.

Glad you got your issue fixed....
    01-12-09 09:02 PM
    I had the same result as the OP. It is that easy. I got a newer build that appears to be better than my original.
    01-12-09 09:05 PM
    lol i walked into the verizon store twice and returned my phone for a new one ... all they did was ask me whats wrong with it and thats it
    01-13-09 12:51 AM
    if the store has phone tech's, its prob the best place to try to get replacements, mostly because a normal rep wont care, since they dont get paid for replacing it for you. techs get paid to make sure its actually FUBAR'd
    01-13-09 01:25 AM
    Some of you guys lucked out. My first attempt at trying to discover what seemed faulty on my phone and the VZ rep at the corporate store was simply trying to brush my problem off as if my issues were simply just mind tricks. (My phone shook like crazy!) Then I finally tried the card trick because my bottom corner didn't respond. That worked wonders! So I went back to my original kiosk (not corporate) and the rep walked through everything for me on the phone, including BB reps. After that, I was set to go. It took about two hours to confirm my problem was legit to receive a new phone. Sadly, it took four days to get a new one into that same kiosk.

I envy some of you guys!
    01-13-09 01:29 AM
    Same thing happened to me when I got my replacement. The girl actually didnt even care why I brought it back, really. She just looked in the back and got another Storm (There was 1 left in the Store), took all of 10 minutes!
    01-13-09 02:14 AM
    agreed!!!!!
    01-13-09 02:32 AM
    I would suggest you not going in & telling the rep you have a problem. Their response is to try & fix it. That was my first problem.

The second time I walked in (different store) and simply stated "I want another Storm".
    01-13-09 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD