So I've been trying to stream videos and music but I get an error "media player cannot play this file" or something like that. I understand that there used to be a fix atleast for youtube but I've been trying to solve this with no success. So, is there some kind of new fix to stream music and videos or shall I abandon all hope?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 06:32 PM
    Have you had the correct APN settings from your carrier?
    08-21-10 08:04 PM
    Yes. Some video need configure apn to work.

Wifi definitely works!

08-22-10 08:12 AM
    Hi. I am having the same problem as the original poster. What do you mean by "configure apn?" Also, Wi-Fi also does not work for youtube. (I can access the web but no streaming video). Have also tried Player For Youtube app with no luck.

Thanks.
    Iggy.
    09-21-10 06:35 PM
    For me the youtube app works all the time, but direct streaming isn't working either. But I've never tried with music streaming. Oh btw I haven't done any APN setting with my carrier.

09-22-10 01:12 AM
    My carrier also says that no APN settings are required for me either. They are on auto-detect or something like that.
    09-22-10 12:46 PM
    would you happen to be with Telus?

If so, this has been an on going issue with them. They state they have no blocked youtube access, however many people, myself included have experienced issues with streaming youtube on their storms (and a few other blackberry devices) when not connected to wi-fi (wi-fi works perfectly) you can do a search on howardforums to see the troubles people have had getting youtube to stream on their bb's with telus
    09-22-10 03:12 PM
    I recently had this issue w a site that had a video over ten minutes long. Once I selected a shorter video...it streamed.
    09-22-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD