Hello People,

I just got back from a Verizon Wireless Corporate store b/c my gf needs to send her Storm back (to get her 4th one).

While we were waiting on somethings I asked the rep. when the next update for the Storm come. He told me that there will be an update somewhere around mid-Feb. to end-Feb. And surprisingly he told me that there will be "patches" before a stable OS is out. Such patches, he described that face-click issue.

He said, there will be an update that will prevent the storm from clicking by your face while you are on the phone. So, the phone will click but not be active... basically a StormLock program will be featured and added to the upgrade. I am SO glad I didn't purchase the StormLock program (which I knew there would be an feature for it, RIM cannot just leave such an important issue out there.

So, now... what will happen to the beautiful StormLock and its customers?
    Suggestion to StormLock: Develop an added feature to the StormLock program... something unique.

Just letting you know...
    01-28-09 04:39 PM
    If you've been on the forum for a while, you should know by now not to believe anything a store rep tells you.....I believe it when I see it for my own eyes...
    01-28-09 04:41 PM
    I highly doubt Verizon employees know more than anybody on these forums. They talk like they do, often stating the obvious and giving vague promises/dates, but the honest truth is that 98% of them have no idea.
    01-28-09 04:41 PM
    Ummm envyv07... why are you happy you didn't by StormLock? TalkLock is FREE, lol.

Also, how could that Rep know the release date? I'm sure VZ has structured release cycles but they are in dire need right now. They can't promise a release date on anything until they have a stable OS, which they don't. That store rep just fed you garbage (taste disgusting doesn't it)

I highly doubt Verizon employees know more than anybody on these forums. They talk like they do, often stating the obvious and giving vague promises/dates, but the honest truth is that 98% of them have no idea.
    +1 I spoke to a rep yesterday and she spoke about the face-clickthingamaboob too! They don't really know much about issues of the phone because they are hearing from a third person perspective. I downloaded the TalkLock or StormLock or WonderbreadLock I forget the name, but either way PROBLEM SOLVED. I dont want a silly rep talking about Face clicking. I need a phone not to freeze up when I'm accessing docs or looking at photos.
    Last edited by MeSince83j; 01-28-09 at 05:39 PM.
    01-28-09 05:31 PM
    For $3 if the app is obsolete in a week, it was still worth the cash.

Seriously the pikers 'round here make me laugh :-D
    01-28-09 08:06 PM
    I've also heard from a source (slightly more reliable than a VZW rep) that such a feature was being considered. Even so, I spent $2 on StormLock... It's not going to financially break me..
    01-28-09 08:13 PM
    If you've been on the forum for a while, you should know by now not to believe anything a store rep tells you.....I believe it when I see it for my own eyes...
    Im with you saleen032....i dont know how many times ive read about what some store rep has told somebody .....i read in another forum...."when it is available, you will know."

i cant remember who said it but i quoted it to give them their respect
    01-28-09 08:22 PM
    I had no problem supporting a storm developer with 2 measly bucks for stormlock, An app that solved a problem that many had. Seriously, people complain about not having apps then complain that they should be free when they do exist.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 08:31 PM
    right now im using auto lock

it is really an app for locking the screen when the backlight shuts off

you can set the options for a number of secs before actually locking the screen when the backlight dims

but the cool thing in it is that it has a talk-locking feature that is pretty much like a device password function

OTA can be found in :
    BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com > General BlackBerry Discussion > BlackBerry Discussion
    AUTOLOCK and SoftReset apps

thanks mikadad
    Last edited by lovetherain; 01-28-09 at 08:39 PM. Reason: kudos
    01-28-09 08:38 PM
    I truly believe that the majority of verizon reps at the stores don't know what's going on. Some are on these boards and are up to speed like the rest of us ... but many are not. Case in point, I was able to get a free car charger from a store manager by doing the torq fix for his screen and for a few other reps in the store having the screen click issue.
    01-28-09 08:44 PM
    I'm a Tech for VZ in the LandLine division.

I was talking with a few people and hear that a new official OS release could be out by March, and possibly as early as the end of February.
    02-11-09 06:22 AM
    They need to fix the problem where you can watch moives and have the sound come play out your bluetooth.
    02-11-09 08:06 AM
    I hear an update is coming this year..I don't work for Verizon, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night..
    02-11-09 08:22 AM
    There are several locks already for your phone. Stormlock, talklock, and a few others. But again, never believe the reps when they say this. Of course not all reps lie to you, but there are the few who give you the run around or simply tell you something to get you out of their face. But the same is true for anyone at any job i guess.
    02-11-09 09:29 AM
    I hear an update is coming this year..I don't work for Verizon, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night..
    LOL. That was funny! Lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:30 AM
    True, except I'd say 100% of them have no idea.
    02-11-09 11:00 AM
    Absolutely - it was $2.95 and I've had storm lock for over a month. Are we that broke, or just all children?
    02-11-09 11:26 AM
    Absolutely - it was $2.95 and I've had storm lock for over a month. Are we that broke, or just all children?
    I don't think it's as much the actual price of the program being too high, as it is the principle of charging money for 1) functionality that should be free and 2) a program where a similar functioning program is on the market for free.
    02-11-09 11:41 AM
    I use screenlock and am very happy. It's free too. Used Talklock for a while before switching and its great too and free.
    02-11-09 03:51 PM
    I am new to bb. Just got my storm a few days ago. My vzw rep didn't even know how to operate the phone he had to get help. The fist app I downloaded was screnlock
    02-22-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD