Hi,
    I got my Storm about 3 days ago and just learned about this click fix. I am using an old plastic guitar pick behind the battery and it works like a charm!

Has anyone else used this?

I'm worried about the plastic overheating the phone, or anything in that regard..I don't want to get my Storm warmer than it already gets, who knows what will happen.

Please let me know, cause I dont want a ruined phone.

Thanks fo rthe replies in advance..I LOVE MY STORM!!!!!
    01-25-09 11:02 AM
    there were a variety of fixes for this, loosening the screws, putting a business card or two (cut in half) and other things. i doubt a piece of plastic will overheat the phone though. while its a metal back, its no heat dissipater or anything i wouldnt worry.
    01-25-09 11:13 AM
    Thats genius probably the perfect size too lol
    01-25-09 11:16 AM
    Personally, I'd just use a replacement as a click-fix. I can see as doing a temporary fix while waiting for a replacement though.

Last edited by JeffH; 01-25-09 at 04:20 PM. Reason: removed reference to a deleted post
    01-25-09 12:03 PM
    Hi,
    I got my Storm about 3 days ago and just learned about this click fix. I am using an old plastic guitar pick behind the battery and it works like a charm!

Has anyone else used this?

I'm worried about the plastic overheating the phone, or anything in that regard..I don't want to get my Storm warmer than it already gets, who knows what will happen.

Please let me know, cause I dont want a ruined phone.

Thanks fo rthe replies in advance..I LOVE MY STORM!!!!!
    Besides all the other posts ....

What did you use, light, medium or thick pick ?

Or did you use a random one you found lying around, and don't know?
    01-25-09 04:10 PM
    I just used a T6 Torx screwdriver and loosened the 2 "keyboard screws" 1.5 turns each. KB is just about perfect now. No need to add anything...
    01-25-09 05:30 PM
    i hope you didnt use a very thick pick, i personally havent done this because i have no problem with the screen click but the picks i use on my guitars would be way to think to fit inside the battery cover.
    01-25-09 05:33 PM
    Wait, so this is a problem that you can return the phones for? I assume because I'm on T-Mobile I can't get mine fixed, right!?
    01-25-09 09:01 PM
    I have the click problem as well and dont feel like dealing with it and would love to have my storm replaced im going to call tomorrow about it
    01-25-09 09:16 PM
    I just used a T6 Torx screwdriver and loosened the 2 "keyboard screws" 1.5 turns each. KB is just about perfect now. No need to add anything...
    Works awesome for me.
    02-13-09 05:53 PM
    Well you can also use it as a pick holder now too. Sometimes I'll wander into a guitar store and wish I had one of my picks on me.
    02-13-09 06:39 PM
    is it just me or is this in the beta os forum?
    02-13-09 06:59 PM
    is it just me or is this in the beta os forum?
    it's just you
    02-13-09 07:06 PM
    i have a card behind my battery and haven't thought about replacing my perfect storm. the keyboard is fine without it but is a bit more "clicky" with it. if it fixes your phone i wouldn't worry about replacing it...side note...buy the insurance also
    02-13-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD