Well I've had it for about four months now and today the symptoms started:
    Freezing screen
    Slow scrolling
    checked mem over 44mb left.
    Hard boot battery
    Then nothing LCD backlights lights up no screen though.
    Tried everything nothing...
    I had to load up blackberry desktop software to back everything up that worked and the functionality is all there, but no screen?

Rang my provider they said we will repair it, but if it keeps doing it after three send backs they will replace it with a new one.
    A bit nifft about it really had loads of phones and never had to work around a phone so much rather prefer a phone to work for me! I've even folloed guides about runing barebones apps to increase speed which has worked but limited the phone.

Shame there is no hard reset button on the back?
    I've loaded the old upgrade and new one tried rebooting it nothing....!
    Everything on the desktop software to repair it nothing nada zip!
    Gutted........ For this is such an expensive bit of equipment to fail on me.

Last edited by clipberry; 05-09-09 at 04:17 PM.
    05-09-09 04:15 PM
    I've just tried the DOS command lines and nothing well up the river without a paddle anyone out there that can help me?
    Jay
    05-09-09 05:03 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago. The screen just died on me. Luckily I was able to do a backup
    Verizon had me go into a store to verify that the screen was bad. Two days later I received my replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 05:18 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago. The screen just died on me. Luckily I was able to do a backup
    Verizon had me go into a store to verify that the screen was bad. Two days later I received my replacement

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad it worked out for you jjphilly!

I'm usually technically minded and hate to loose a battle, but I think I'm going to have it sent off to the pros.
    I did for a second got the fresh message of the agreement asking to accept the ok button then it frooze on me, so another hard boot and nothing again.
    So tired its 11.30PM knackard been fighting for about 8 hours now!
    05-09-09 05:36 PM
    Update the storm got sent back to Rim and they fixed it and I got it back in four days which was quick.
    The report said the screen was at fault and they replaced it. I've checked the phone serial behind the battery and it was the same phone, but defo new screen as there was scratches on the protective cover this one was spot less!
    The OS is V4.70.141 newer than the previous ones and have to say it runs quicker and better all round. Go and get it (only for 9500 only European users I guess)
    I'm impressed with the speed of repair!
    The pain in the arse was having to reset the email accounts and getting the vendor to put back my GPS and other apps I've paid for. The back up desktop software did its job and happy I returned all contacts and agends on my phone!
    Last edited by clipberry; 05-14-09 at 06:13 PM.
    05-14-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD