I like technology. I like a phone that does a lot of stuff which is a change from a few years ago when I fought off convergence. I have no idea if an iPhone or a Driod Incredible would be better than my Storm 2. I don't install leaked OS's so whther that would help or not is irrrelevent to me personally.

What I do know is the Storm's just don't run smoothly. I see the same problems at varying frequencies and levels on both. I don't mean not smooth="almost" perfect, but I mean far from perect and sometimes unacceptable. Too many freezes and reboots. To many times the accelerometer is slow. To many times the phone gets sluggish. I won't complain about battery life because to me that's a problem with a lot of small electronics (laptops, iPods, etc).

Bottom line is I miss the reliability I saw back in the day when a phone wasn't a micro computer but a phone. Had problems, but much less than what I get today. I think the Storm, for whatever reason, just doesn't handle the OS it has very well. I get the same feeling with my Storm as I got with a computer with an original version of Vista on it.

I don't know if I'll stick with BlackBerry or move on once my 2-year contract with VZW expires. I am a VZW person so I will see what they have to offer. If the iPhone gets to VZW in a year that MAY be a choice as will the Droid Incredible, or anything new that comes down the pike in the next 6 months.
    07-07-10 11:08 PM
    The S1 on recent software shouldn't have those problems and the S2 certainly should not have those problems. The S2 is rock solid in my experience. I'm not having any of the problems you're mentioning and I've had mine since January. Have you checked to see if you have a nasty app that isn't playing well?
    07-07-10 11:21 PM
    I was having a problem with one of my S2 and when i went to the store they showed me that my cache was full and could cause freezing. also the taught me to hold the menu buton to see which apps were still open and running , then showed me the right way to close the apps to help it run smoother. Try to close those open apps and that may help. I have also had my S2 since January and its been fine. Also if you BBM you my pin is up top, you can add me as one of your contacts and there is also a forum for storm owners where we discuss issues and ask questions to other storm owners if youre interested
    Last edited by mclayborn08; 07-07-10 at 11:59 PM.
    07-07-10 11:54 PM
    Send them to me...

07-10-10 11:38 PM
    Ill Buy The Storm 2
    07-19-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD