OK. New to BB and especially Storm. Coming from a Razr3vm. Cut me some slack, OK?

Had the phone a week. Still not going for .90 beta but I'm up for just about anything else.

So I managed to get jmIrc working and ORB 2.0 is streaming TV to me. Got SitnSquat (just the best GPS app ever) and Trapster (2nd best GPS app ever) running. Already downloaded and deleted a ton of crap that is either useless or no good on the Storm ...

More addictive than frigging heroin this thing is. < Christ I'm turning into Yoda!

But the one thing that has been really annoying me and almost making me want to take it back and get a phone with querty buttons instead of TouchScreen is I have been hunting and pecking with one index finger to type and STILL making errors all over the place!

And then, the revelation!!! ... the Heavens parted and God said unto me ... "Type with your thumbs dumbass!!!" And it was good ...

Now, like I said, I'm new to BB and all things texting unless on a PC keyboard where I manage about 70wpm if I'm really flying and I'm familiar with the subject matter. I'm no speed or touch typist to start with ... but MAN!!!

Once I started trusting the finger position and typing with both thumbs, I'm almost as fast on the Storm as I can go on a full keyboard in less than 3 days practice. It's like learning a new musical instrument. This is fun and exciting for me ... confession time, I'm not an *****, I'm an IBM engineer (not that there aren't idiots that are IBM engineers but I digress) ... but the one thing that may surprise fellow Crackberry'ers is I'm OLD! Like REAL OLD!

So I have fun when I'm driving around in my HEMI Magnum RT and I get the "hey Grandpa" look and I leave the ricers in a cloud of tire smoke ... now I have my Crackberry and I can have even MORE fun when people ask me "you know that's not just a phone right?" and I go "Yeah, c'mere, wanna see a webcast of yer mama?"

I like this phone more every day. I hope everyone hangs in there a bit because this is not just competition for the iPhone. It's a sweet piece of equipment and LG and Samsung have no choice but to field a team in this league or get stomped. The more the merrier. More apps for all.

I haven't logged off this frigging Forum for 4 days either, thank you very much ...lol. Seriously, what a great place to get info and links to good stuff. Thank you all! I'm gonna need the new Nikki app launcher here soon I think. Hoping for a few more games that take advantage of this phone's power.

Peace, love and Heminess ... I DO drive a hybrid, it burns gas and rubber ...
    01-25-09 10:43 PM
    Haha. Your post made me laugh. Welcome to cb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 10:46 PM
    I'm old,too. It's too bad the young'uns don't realize just how very cool we really are.

01-25-09 11:09 PM
    Great comedic post. This would have been the perfect thread to post a pic of someone using their index fingers on a Blackberry to type with the words... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG... all over it. LOL
    01-25-09 11:11 PM
    Welcome to the party. BB for life!
    01-25-09 11:11 PM
    Great comedic post. This would have been the perfect thread to post a pic of someone using their index fingers on a Blackberry to type with the words... YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG... all over it. LOL
    You have hit on the magic theme! I gotta get over to that inspirational poster web site and whip one of these up right now! LOL. Pic will be here shortly with all due credit for the idea.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to swapping tips and stories with all of you for a long time to come. I think the Storm has a long and fruitful future ahead of it and I'm glad I took the plunge and became a part of it.
    01-25-09 11:31 PM
    "Yeah, c'mere, wanna see a webcast of yer mama?"

I can tell you're going to fun! Welcome!
    01-25-09 11:41 PM
    OK ...here it is ... with thanks to JRSCCivic98 for the "inspiration" ...

01-25-09 11:59 PM

That is greatness right there!
    01-26-09 12:00 AM

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!! That's awesome!!! Glad you took the time. Now it's going to be all over the web. lol
    01-26-09 12:01 AM
    I think I just wet myself laughing. From one newb to another, welcome.

01-26-09 01:09 AM
    lol hahahah wow. i love this thread

and old people... my role models.
    Last edited by envyv07; 01-26-09 at 01:25 AM. Reason: look up fool!
    01-26-09 01:16 AM
    I had to laugh because when I first got the Storm I was trying to type with my index fingers since I figured skinnier fingers would be better. Boy was I wrong!...lol! Yeah, I can be a dumba$$ too sometimes!

Then the next day I figured out the whole thing about not crossing sides with my thumbs. Right thumb for right side, left thumb for left side...no cheating!
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-26-09 at 01:21 AM. Reason: edit
    01-26-09 01:20 AM
    OMG best post ever!!!!!! you should be a comedian lol! love these kinda posts
    01-26-09 01:21 AM
    Ha - your post made me laugh too. Welcome to Crackberry.com =)
    01-26-09 03:20 AM
    I got a kick out of your post. Welcome to the CB Nation. And keep the hilarious posts coming
    01-26-09 03:14 PM
    LMAO...great post and comments/pix from all. I, too, am older than dirt. I remember when a phone was one of those black thingys with a rotarty dial keypad and the phone number began with letters not numbers!!!
    01-26-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD