I can't wait to get away from this clicking screen. I can't even bring up the phone just from clicking the green call button, since I can't even click it at all. I've kept this phone in good condition too. Should have kept my Pre Plus. Anyway, I've suffered through this phone for over a year now, looking to upgrade to the Droid Charge upon release!

Later guys!

/end rant
    04-25-11 02:28 PM
    I can't wait to get away from this clicking screen. I can't even bring up the phone just from clicking the green call button, since I can't even click it at all. I've kept this phone in good condition too. Should have kept my Pre Plus. Anyway, I've suffered through this phone for over a year now, looking to upgrade to the Droid Charge upon release!

Later guys!

/end rant
    My wife and I both hate our storms, also. We're frequently at the mercy of the OS's propensity to slow down or to reboot. Nothing pisses me off more than when it reboots when I try to answer/make a call. POS!
    04-25-11 02:47 PM
    SMH.....LMAO......
    04-25-11 02:56 PM
    I think these threads all need to begin with "hey stop me if you've heard this one". Anyway cool story and Dave I can't believe you don't know anyone w a phone you can use till you can upgrade.... I personally wouldn't use a phone that I can't make or receive a call with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    04-25-11 05:51 PM
    I think these threads all need to begin with "hey stop me if you've heard this one". Anyway cool story and Dave I can't believe you don't know anyone w a phone you can use till you can upgrade.... I personally wouldn't use a phone that I can't make or receive a call with.

i can use it within 5 minutes (reboot time is over 4 minutes). It goes a few days between glitches. I had expected to be rocking a new Android about now, anyway. Bionic got pushed back, but I hear there's a couple more 4G phones on the horizon. At my age, I have more patience for waiting than the youngsters. Just biding my time...
    04-25-11 06:50 PM
    SMH.....LMAO......
    shake it hard--maybe you'll shake the rocks loose.
    04-25-11 06:51 PM
    shake it hard--maybe you'll shake the rocks loose.
    Do you feel guilty about something dave?????

Because for one I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking about the thread.

But anyway.......stop feeling guilty.

Cause WE ALL know YOUR STORY dave, here and over at AndroidCentral.
    Last edited by Itzdatdude; 04-25-11 at 07:12 PM.
    04-25-11 07:07 PM
    i can use it within 5 minutes (reboot time is over 4 minutes). It goes a few days between glitches. I had expected to be rocking a new Android about now, anyway. Bionic got pushed back, but I hear there's a couple more 4G phones on the horizon. At my age, I have more patience for waiting than the youngsters. Just biding my time...
    If the "glitches" only occur every few days why not schedule a reboot w a third party app. I'm not gonna say I never experience glitches, but never to the extent some claim. My coworker has a D2 global and trust me I notice he has plenty of glitches. Granted he can reboot 5x faster. Either way I hope your new phone brings you a better experience.

1812dave likes this.
    04-25-11 07:14 PM
    Scheduling reboots in 2011? Ok.

Sent screaming from my ThunderBolt at 4G speeds.
    I personally don't have to, smartguy, and the phone is from almost two years ago.

04-25-11 07:33 PM
    If the "glitches" only occur every few days why not schedule a reboot w a third party app. I'm not gonna say I never experience glitches, but never to the extent some claim. My coworker has a D2 global and trust me I notice he has plenty of glitches. Granted he can reboot 5x faster. Either way I hope your new phone brings you a better experience.

All phones have some sort of glitch. It's just that some people find the need to make it worser than it is (especially when they have their eye on a new phone). Or when it's a BB.

Android phones mess up too. But some people dismiss the glitches just because it is an Android.

My D2 has shut off on me before. And believe it or not I have had to do more battery pulls on my D2 than I ever had to do on my Storm.

It's just a fact that no phone is perfect.
    04-25-11 07:34 PM
    All phones have some sort of glitch. It's just that some people find the need to make it worser than it is (especially when they have their eye on a new phone). Or when it's a BB.

Android phones mess up too. But some people dismiss the glitches just because it is an Android.

My D2 has shut off on me before. And believe it or not I have had to do more battery pulls on my D2 than I ever had to do on my Storm.

It's just a fact that no phone is perfect.
    finally.. stop dave yes we can ignore you.. but why go through all the hassle when you can just simply leave the forums or not comment... the bionic isnt going to be what you expect you will have problems with that phone as well.. get a jitter bug and an air card dave and you will be better off... wait you will probably complain about that as well...
    04-26-11 08:27 PM
    My Storm2 is dying a slow death as well. I have a short somewhere. Considering it is my 3rd one since Nov 2009, it is no surprise. I have been waiting on a new BB, Droid or iPhone. I can wait no longer. I have an HTC Incredible 2 coming.
    04-27-11 07:21 AM

I have pulled the battery several times a day. doesn't help. HOWEVER, see my thread, "Giving the devil his due".
    04-27-11 11:01 AM
    All I can say is that I'm soooo pissed! Once again I buy a phone the day it came out and next thing you know its discontinued, no upgrade to OS 6, only compatible via WIFI to the blackberry tablet, slow as ****, click screen seizes up, have to reboot all the time and when I do it takes 2 lifetimes, as soon as Telus lets me upgrade I'm going to take out all my frustrations out on it with a sledgehammer.
    Ahhh I feel better now thx.
    04-28-11 12:11 PM
    slow as ****, click screen seizes up, have to reboot all the time and when I do it takes 2 lifetimes,
    Ahhh I feel better now thx.
    You described a day in the life of a Storm owner.
    04-28-11 01:05 PM
    You described a day in the life of a Storm owner.
    Ashame to hear so many have problems with the Storm2...

I have one for work, and while I'll admit I don't use it often for "official" use, I do play around with it a lot. And it's been totally reliable and quick. In fact, I might have bought one for myself if it wasn't about to be replaced by newer designs.

I DID hate the keyboard at first, but once I got used to it, I found that I can type as accurately and quickly as when using my 9650. I just wish the keys took a little less pressure to made it "click," as my fingers get tired
    04-28-11 01:42 PM
    Ashame to hear so many have problems with the Storm2...

I have one for work, and while I'll admit I don't use it often for "official" use, I do play around with it a lot. And it's been totally reliable and quick. In fact, I might have bought one for myself if it wasn't about to be replaced by newer designs.

I DID hate the keyboard at first, but once I got used to it, I found that I can type as accurately and quickly as when using my 9650. I just wish the keys took a little less pressure to made it "click," as my fingers get tired
    Just yesterday, my S2 was working better(faster) than it has in months, but today it's back to the same nonsense. super slow dialing and texting. and no new Verizon 4G phone in sight. someone "up there" has it in for us storm owners wanting to put this travesty behind us. and "no", I'm not interested in the TB.
    04-28-11 02:00 PM
    Just yesterday, my S2 was working better(faster) than it has in months, but today it's back to the same nonsense. super slow dialing and texting. and no new Verizon 4G phone in sight. someone "up there" has it in for us storm owners wanting to put this travesty behind us. and "no", I'm not interested in the TB.
    What changed between yesterday and today? Install any apps? Change any crucial settings?

If texts aren't being delivered (or calls taking a long time), it might be more a problem with the carrier/service than the phone itself... ?
    04-28-11 02:07 PM
    What changed between yesterday and today? Install any apps? Change any crucial settings?

If texts aren't being delivered (or calls taking a long time), it might be more a problem with the carrier/service than the phone itself... ?
    NOTHING. it's just the nature of the beast. I meant the keyboard is slow, while texting in BBM.
    04-28-11 02:15 PM

Katesbb don't waste your time. He is only interested in complaining.

BTW is the 9650 any good? Somebody is trying to sell me one. I have been holding out for one of the newer BB's that supposed to come out.
    04-28-11 03:16 PM
    If its so terrible, get rid of it and quit whining!
    04-28-11 03:17 PM
    Everyone has told him that. He is all over CB complaining lol.
    04-28-11 03:20 PM
    If its so terrible, get rid of it and quit whining!
    1. how many times have I stated on this site that I was going to buy the bionic (delayed) and then stated I was going to buy the Charge TODAY (delayed at the last minute).

2. if you don't like my post, you can always skip it, saving yourself from (in YOUR words) my whining. (or put me on "ignore"--even better)

were done.
    04-28-11 06:32 PM
    How many times have you stated it? I think the repetition is what gets old to some. Like I stated previously, enjoy your new phone. Btw what kind of phone manufacturer or carrier delays phones like this? I could only imagine if rim gave us a date and delayed it. The **** they would catch for being behind. I hope Motorola gets on this or they may go bankrupt hehehehehehe jk jk.

Last edited by Mr One 2; 04-28-11 at 06:44 PM.
    04-28-11 06:42 PM
    Dave this is a general help forum . Not a forum for you to cone here and complain daily about the same issues over and over and over and over and over. And then constantly tell everyone which android device you are going to get. Yet again another being delayed. If you have no useful information to post please stop and you will get rid of the haters. Better yet read the most recent announcement at the top of the screen, they are getting rid of the trolls in which you are starting to become by not posting useful information.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    04-28-11 06:48 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD