So I was waiting in line for the Storm this morning and they ran out of stock with about 10 people ahead of me. They were then going to service the direct fulfillment. While waiting in line, the manager came out once in a while to inform us that we would be getting a $50 instant rebate for our trouble. Additionally, we would be getting FREE Saturday delivery. Basically, it was just enough to keep me in line for another hour or so instead of just coming to work and ordering one via phone/internet.

Finally my turn. I go up to one of the registers and this kid couldn't have been over 19 years old. Other than his young age, he made it pretty obvious to me that he was extremely new to this job. He had to lean over and ask his associate questions every 15-20 seconds. Then came the issue of shipping. He asked if I wanted overnight shipping for $8.99. Uhh...the manager outside said it's free. This starts off a chain of events of him asking four different associates how the shipping worked. The final verdict was that VZW would cover the $8.99 overnight shipping, but I would expect it by Monday. If I wanted guaranteed Saturday shipping, I would have to pay $17.99. This sounded a bit odd, but if 18 bucks gets me my Storm 2 days early, it's worth it. I told him to go ahead and charge me the Saturday shipping. Thankfully he asked me if my address was correct and it was my old one from when I moved about a year ago. I updated him with my current address.

He rings up the total. No accessories as I will buy them when I go back to synch my contacts from my old phone when its less crowded. $326 dollars or something. I was like what the hell?!??!! I asked him about the rebates and he replies...Oh yea. I'm starting to get a little fearful at this point as to whether or not he knows what he's doing. As expected, he needs to find his manager to figure out how to do the rebates. Finally I get the 199.99 price + tax and a $50 mail in rebate. I checked the receipt at the store and it still had my old address. I asked him about it and he goes.....oh, I just updated your shipping address, so your phone should arrive at your current address. I really hope you're right or I will be pissed.

The last thing to cap off this fiasco was when I took a look at the receipt at work. I noticed that I got charge NOTHING for shipping. WTF...I offered to pay the extra 18 bucks for Saturday Delivery and he forgets to put it on there.
    11-21-08 01:50 PM
    ^ Give the kid a break all **** is breaking loose @ verizon stores and online and on the phone.
    11-21-08 01:54 PM
    From what i hear even the good CS reps are fn up
    11-21-08 01:56 PM
    If you did not get charged for the saturday delivery I would not exepct it on saturday. That's my best guess.
    11-21-08 01:57 PM
    Now you will probably get a VX5500 in the mail...roflmao
    11-21-08 01:59 PM
    If you did not get charged for the saturday delivery I would not exepct it on saturday. That's my best guess.
    that's what im thinking too. =(

EDIT: I saw on another post that if you get your order in before NOON, you will receive it on Saturday. I ordered mine around 9:30 Pacific Time. I really hope telesales people didn't mean NOON eastern time.
    Last edited by Valmanway; 11-21-08 at 02:15 PM.
    11-21-08 02:11 PM
    Now you will probably get a VX5500 in the mail...roflmao
    that is if he even updated my address correctly.
    11-21-08 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD