I've been test driving IM clients until BeeJive is finally available for the Storm. I just recently (as in 15 mins ago) installed IM+, which seems to be an alright app. However after installing it, both of my eMail boxes were emptied. My email still exists on the server, just deleted off the handheld.

Has anybody else experienced this? I didn't see a forum for IM+ nor ShapeServices to pose a question. Figger'd I'd ask here before communicating with them via mail.
    02-25-09 03:35 AM
    I've never had that happen. I actally downloaded the trial as well, figuring I'd try it for a lil while til BeeJive came out. Used it for the week, but didn't have that happen.
    02-25-09 04:08 AM
    rmjones101: Please send your log file. By the way, are you using IM Push option?

I've been test driving IM clients until BeeJive is finally available for the Storm. I just recently (as in 15 mins ago) installed IM+, which seems to be an alright app. However after installing it, both of my eMail boxes were emptied. My email still exists on the server, just deleted off the handheld.

Has anybody else experienced this? I didn't see a forum for IM+ nor ShapeServices to pose a question. Figger'd I'd ask here before communicating with them via mail.
    02-25-09 06:49 AM
    I dont have this issue either. Ive been using since I got the Storm since Jivetalk isnt out yet
    02-25-09 09:02 AM
    Could it of been a coincidence? Do you have in email options to keep mail forever?
    02-25-09 09:20 AM
    rmjones101: Please send your log file. By the way, are you using IM Push option?
    Where would I find the log file? Is it a log file specific to IM+ or the device?

One thing I did note during installation onto my storm, was that after downloading OTA I received the normal popup that the software I'm installing is requesting permissions to the phone, in which I said Okay. Then after starting the app after installation I got a warning that the app wanted to change it's permissions, at which time I got the detailed permissions selection options. I didn't change any of them and left them as is.

Could it of been a coincidence? Do you have in email options to keep mail forever?
    I have it set to keep for 30 days, however I had several that were under 30. I get about 20 emails per day on one of the accounts that I receive on my device.
    02-25-09 02:35 PM
    Support & About -> Send support request (with logs)
    02-26-09 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD