ive often wondered about why they dont post their OSs on their own site as well. could have something to do with branding.
    Nope. Branding is not changable with an OS update. (and for those who says their branding version changed with 323: only the number representation changed. Two phones that have the same branding version will change the same way. Downgrade and you are back to your original version. )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 03:08 PM
    From the way patches described testing was goong we may see more frequent releases on 5.0. Seems like it is more consistent and easier to test.

And I agree that RIM should just start hosting the OS update themselves.

10-25-09 05:03 PM
    Isn't the s1 and s2 essentially the same? The OS they develop for the S2 can be used for the s1 just minus a few features, most notably wifi.

Big Fat NO. The hardware is not the same.
    10-25-09 05:23 PM
    i might as well throw in my 2 cents.

honestly, like any other new device, the s2 is probably going to h ave some flaws as well. there are those 2nd generation buyers who wait a good year or 2 to buy the newest and greatest and wait out all of the flaws unlike the pioneers who buy it the day of. theres no way everyone in the RIM world upgrades their phones the day of, which means there are developers out there who will still continue to help the s1.

moral: dont worry, s1 will still be around and im sure it will be updated just as much as the s2....

you debby downer
    10-25-09 05:24 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD