Hello everyone!

I am getting my first BB today, a 9530 Storm via Verizon. I have already been browsing these forums for 2 hours or so and decided to register and share my opinions/problems with the world. It looks like this forum is full of tips, tricks, info and problem solving which is awesome. I am not a forum ***** and do not make it a habit on signing up on every forum known to man to flame or criticize equipment and/or users. In short, this forum has earned my registration, and that my friends, is a compliment.

On to my first, cherry popping question. I am a mac user, always have been and always will be. I have been reading about pocket mac and am wondering where to download it. I asked the Verizon rep about the install CD etc that comes with the BB and its compatibility with Apple. She said it wouldn't be a problem. From what I have read on here, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that you cannot update the device's OS via pocketmac but you can sync contacts and calendaring. Is this accurate?

Again I thank everyone for their thoughts and insight and appreciate such an informative forum.
    03-05-09 09:38 AM
    Welcome to the addiction! Sorry can't help you know nothing of mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and the Storm family! Sorry I can't help with your Mac question either.
    03-05-09 09:56 AM
    i cant help your mac question.... but ill tell you this: if youre as new to the BB as i was, you really wont like it for the first week or so. once you get the hang of it though- you wont put it down
    03-05-09 09:59 AM
    I am glad to know that we have the honor and privilege of being graced with your presence welcome to crackberry
    03-05-09 10:02 AM
    hahahaha. I knew I was gonna get a reply like this:

mdude85 I am glad to know that we have the honor and privilege of being graced with your presence welcome to crackberry

Thanks mdude85!

I was just being real with everyone, not trying to be an @ss. haha
    03-05-09 10:15 AM
    Oh mighty mac user, we are not worthy...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 10:57 AM
    03-05-09 11:43 AM
    Sweet thanks man. My wife just called and said my Storm is waiting patiently for me to get home and molest it.
    03-05-09 12:07 PM
    Hmmm... newly manufactured storm, at best a few months old. That's only about 14 in phone years. Molesting a 14 year old probably isn't something you want to do
    03-05-09 12:23 PM
    Hmmm... newly manufactured storm, at best a few months old. That's only about 14 in phone years. Molesting a 14 year old probably isn't something you want to do
    That was pretty funny!
    03-05-09 12:35 PM
    Thats nasty. I guess I didn't know the phone year conversion table.

hahaha, lets presume my phone is 19 and half asian...
    03-05-09 12:43 PM
    you should probably still ask for ID
    03-05-09 03:24 PM
    A word of friendly advice, don't let the performance of the factory installed OS scare you off. Once you get a feel for the device, search the forums for how to upgrade to a leaked OS. Version .109 runs circles around the one you are going to have on there when you get home.

Good luck, welcome to the forums, and please feel free to post or PM if you have any questions.
    03-05-09 03:35 PM
    Mac user here. PocketMac really isn't worth it. Yeah, it's free and made by RIM, but it won't do all that the Desktop Manager app does on a PC.

Your options:
    Use Bootcamp to run Windows on your Mac. I do this solely to run the Desktop Manager. That's all it's on my Mac for. Software updates and install are easy. Then back to the Mac side.

Buy The Missing Sync. Much better than PocketMac as it will allow you to do media downloads that PocketMac will not. Simple to use, but again, not as fully featured as DM.

After all this, like me, you will be waiting for the promised fully-featured version of PocketMac. Or will it be called Desktop Manager Mac? Will have to wait and see.
    03-05-09 03:38 PM
    Yea I agree Missing Sync is Much better Software than PocketMac but if you really wanted PocketMac just go to Blackberry.com and go to US, generally on the bottom there is an Image that says Blackberry for Mac Users......
    03-08-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD