For waiting for the official release of .8x being that I don't fully know my way around a blackberry? My storm came with .75 and to date I really don't have any major complaints
    01-06-09 01:10 PM
    no, you r absolutely correct! Dont mess with a storm that works perfectly!
    Last edited by Rooster; 01-06-09 at 06:03 PM.
    01-06-09 01:14 PM
    You is not wrong.
    01-06-09 01:15 PM
    If you update to the .85 you will end up voiding your warranty. I would keep the .75 if you're not having any problems. I am. That way if they release the .85 officially I can download it then.
    01-06-09 01:15 PM
    For waiting for the official release of .8x being that I don't fully know my way around a blackberry? My storm came with .75 and to date I really don't have any major complaints
    if you have no complaints then I certainly wouldn't worry about updating. some people like it but many have downgraded back to 75 because it's more stable. i think 83 and 85 still have too many bugs and that's why verizon chose not to release them. I'm sure they'll have an official release before long. if i were you i'd wait on that.
    01-06-09 01:16 PM
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! Upgrading to a leaked/beta OS can be trouble, and is best left to the techies among us, or those who like to live danerously like me. I think you are right to wait. Rumor has it an update from VZW is coming soon, but there is no way to know the date.
    01-06-09 01:16 PM
    If you update to the .85 you will end up voiding your warranty. I would keep the .75 if you're not having any problems. I am. That way if they release the .85 officially I can download it then.
    You WILL NOT void your warranty unless you go to the verizon store and show them you are running a 85.
    01-06-09 01:22 PM
    While I don't subscribe to the Luddite philosophy of "If it ain't broke" seeing is I'm a fan of this little thing we call progress... If you don't know what you're doing, or don't feel comfortable with the steps involved in updating to a leaked OS, then don't install it. Don't let people tell you what you should and shouldn't do with YOUR phone.
    01-06-09 01:51 PM
    While I don't subscribe to the Luddite philosophy of "If it ain't broke" seeing is I'm a fan of this little thing we call progress... If you don't know what you're doing, or don't feel comfortable with the steps involved in updating to a leaked OS, then don't install it. Don't let people tell you what you should and shouldn't do with YOUR phone.
    THIS (the bold) was more the point of my post was just quoting that old line.
    01-06-09 02:06 PM
    I congratulate you for starting this thread. You are the first person I've seen that has posted that they don't fully know their way around the storm and want to wait for an official update. I wish more people took this approach. With the release of the storm, many people are experiencing a blackberry for the first time. Also this is the number one problem that is seen in the technology industry, people that don't know much about their devices but want to have the latest and greatest software whether it works right or not. The two questions I ask people when they are thinking abut an update whether on a computer or a device like the blackberry are, do you desperately need what is in the latest OS and is your device functioning correctly without it? Regardless of their answer for the first, if they say yes to the second question, I tell them to wait it out. There is a reason why these updates are called betas, they really should only be taken on by people that know what they are heading into before they install. So kudos to you, I hope people see this thread when they are looking if they should do the leaked updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 02:25 PM
    I agree with the person above this post. If you have never had a blackberry I don't understand why you would want to play with fire.... I mean come on Verizon doesn't put .75 on a phone hoping it crashes and burns.... It will have bugs but its somewhat stable.... I'm not the expert of Blackberrys Like Cruc is but I do know my fair share and im also a software engineer so I don't have many issues.... I applaud the user that posted this for admitting he isnt comfortable upgrading... I hate how their is 100's of posts on MY BATTERY DIES ON .85 lmao cant it all stick in one topic? Why the hundreds of topics lol if their is a solution it will not be posted as more and more people make topics it will be posted when it is found if their is even a solution lmao Idk sorry for the flaming
    01-06-09 02:32 PM
    I would recommend just reading all the topics about upgrading etc so you become comfortable with different terms used when you do become more advanced. To start off you can read the FAQ and Tips thread in the main storm thread. Also some other tips would be searching google to learn about what OTA programs are etc.... You will get the hang of out I hope you like your blackberry
    01-06-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD