Dear Verizon:

A few things:

Bought it on release day. My first mistake.
    I've waited and waited for an OS update since December.
    Can't do any of the hybrids because of the corporate link to the phone.
    I've been a loyal Verizon customer since May of 2000.

With that, if there's something new, come July, you get my Storm back. If you can't see your way to cutting me a deal for a new phone, I'm off to AT&T for subpar service and a better phone.

End of rant...

Anyone else done too?
    05-13-09 02:42 PM
    Dear Verizon:

Anyone else done too?

Nope, not me. I am actually very happy with my storm.
    05-13-09 02:44 PM
    Nope...4 months and i'm still on my honeymoon
    05-13-09 02:45 PM
    For those that are "happy" are you tied to a Corp BES? I can't ask my BB Admin to reconnected mine as frequently as the releases... Perhaps that would make it a better experience. Just curious
    05-13-09 02:57 PM
    For those that are "happy" are you tied to a Corp BES? I can't ask my BB Admin to reconnected mine as frequently as the releases... Perhaps that would make it a better experience. Just curious
    No, i'm not tied to Corp BES, but i'm also not rockin any leaked software. Still runnin .75 since day 1 (mid january) and its been great for me!

...and I work this phone to death!
    05-13-09 03:01 PM
    I am also still loving the storm and still running .75 OS.

I had a Palm 755e before and the storm with all its so called "problems" still in my opinion blows the Palm out of the water.
    05-13-09 03:06 PM
    sorry man, cant relate. Storm is by far the most fun phone ive used. cant keep my hands off of it...

but it's not for everyone, and when it's time to move on, you've gotta move on
    05-13-09 03:07 PM
    I'm on the corporate BES, workin for "THE MAN" and I still love my Storm - even with .75. I went from a Motorola Q (why I bought a windows-based phone when I use a Mac is still beyond me) to a Pearl (a good "starter-berry") to an 8830 to the Storm and I LOVE it!
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 05-13-09 at 03:28 PM.
    05-13-09 03:22 PM
    The corporate peeps who can't load a leak...I feel for ya. Once you experience the Storm the way it should be (via the OS in my signature) you'll never want anything else! I don't blame ya for being pissed. Nor do I blame ya for lookin elsewhere (why GAYT&T I don't know...I'm assuming for the iSuck).

And yes you can change it for a Curve no matter how long you've had it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:05 PM
    I am on corporate BES. My advice is to load the desktop on your home computer, upgrade (I'm on 113) and then either play dumb and have them connect it back on by saying it isn't working (really not that hard for them and they don't even need to see your phone if you tell them you know how to go to the enterprise activiation and do it yourself with the password they assign you), or buy someone a beer and tell them what you are doing. You have to be selective about your upgrades (don't rush into each one as it comes out since you are relying on them to reconnect you), but wait until you hear about a nice significant upgrade. My phone has been a different machine since I upgraded. (I won't upgrade again until a nice stable 5 series comes out.....) GO FOR IT!
    05-13-09 07:24 PM
    Does anyone know how to use a storm with a mac since the rep at vz totally said it was compatible, other than the pocketmac, I need the DM n I dont think it can be done right??

Nope, not me. I am actually very happy with my storm.
    05-14-09 11:04 AM
    I am tied to one, however mine is unlocked (shhh don't tell). Running .141 Hybrid works well. If I get tired of it or have problems, I can trade it back in for a Curve.
    05-14-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD