I am giving for your approval my review of the Omnia that Verizon exchanged for my Storm.

It sucked, no really it was ok but not my Storm. Battery life was terrible, would be dead by 6 - 6:30 each night (did not use it untill 3pm each day).

WiFi was nice but I will put up with the terrible signal to my Storm until Verizon sells the FemToCell.

All in all I really preferred the Storm over the Omnia for useabilty and ease of use.

Thanks, Dave
    01-22-09 06:08 AM
    Glad to see you are back with the community! A lot of people end up leaving, only to come back in the end!
    01-22-09 06:39 AM
    Ok here is the real review, The Storm is much more user friendly than the Omnia. The Storm is designed to be used primarily with your finger Or cursor mode, while the Omnia is designed to be used with your finger, D-pad and a stylus. The D-pad is not real easy to access, while the stylus has no place to be stored in the phone therefore, you get to carry it in your pocket or attach it to the side of the phone on a little lanyard. When you have the stylus on the phone then your phone doesn't fit in the holster correctly. The wifi was nice, but the drain on the battery that I experienced was not nice. I would lose most of the battery by 6- 6:30 each day. The windows operating system was nice as it was like working on a computer. I wasn't real fond of the pull e-mail system versus the Blackberry push system, storm wins there big time. One other big difference in the ease column was the user interface. On the storm as you install programs there is an icon that you can set-up for quick access, while the Omnia you have the widgets, which you currently can't add to. The Storm has the GPS unlocked while the Omnia is locked (supposed to be unlocked by Verizon in 09 but you know how they are. While they both could be a great phone for some, The Storm is the one that I would chose.
    If I can answer any questions please ask, hopefully I can answer them.
    Thanks, Dave
    01-22-09 09:02 AM
    Welcome back. Thanks for the review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:09 AM
    Welcome back. Guess it was a case of the grass only looking greener...
    01-22-09 09:25 AM
    Well glad to have you back. Thanks for the reveiw cause I almost choose that over the Curve.
    01-22-09 09:40 AM
    Welcome back. Guess it was a case of the grass only looking greener...
    Both sucked on reception, but since the Storm was a Christmas present, and my preferential choice, I decided to wait for the FemToCell and make my own damn cell service - lol. Grass wasn't greener , I was just hoping that it would be life sustaining - lol.
    Thanks, Dave
    01-22-09 09:53 AM
    Glad to see you are back. You should try installing the latest OS leak if you haven't already. A lot of people have taken the storm back prematurely I feel. The nature of RIM is always to release OS updates to fix problems.
    01-22-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD