05-06-10 12:20 PM
33 12
tools
    Actually, I'm hoping there's a sister site "crackdroid.com" so someone from here can show me how to use a droid like you guys helped me learn a Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL, there is. Android Central
    05-05-10 02:09 AM
    As FYI, from my experience I've found Verizon Customer Service to be great, never had a problem. And had ZERO problems with my original Storm 9530 and now my Storm2 9550. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe you are just unlucky. Good luck with your next carrier and device. I had Sprint years ago, and unless their customer service has changed, I think you'll be disappointed (I know I was).
    yeah, verizon IMO has the best support..its not even close. i wouldve just went to another phone. like everybody says, theres 30 days you can change. Sprint is horrible with support.
    05-05-10 03:04 PM
    Just a question about droids in general....will they push emails as well as my Blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    no, if email is important for you and a need. the droid isnt for you. but if not then you cant do much better. the droid is smooth and a beast. but pushed email. stay clear
    05-05-10 03:06 PM
    Good god. Cant the mods read? This is about a 9550....not a 9530.
    05-06-10 03:25 AM
    Good god. Cant the mods read? This is about a 9550....not a 9530.
    It was moved cause it's a rant (semi rant?). The only rant forums placed yet are in the 9530 forums. So yes, we can read. We just want to filter the spastic rants away from those that wish not to see them. However, since you ranted about the move..I've clearly moved it back for you.

Hope you enjoy your new device, I had the chance to play with one recently, quite nice indeed.
    05-06-10 03:44 AM
    I wouldn't go with sprint even if they gave me a free EVO. Verizon CS is the best. I have always been happy with them.

I hear you with respect to RIM, I am also considering a move to an HTC Android. Just tired of there always being something wrong with the firmware on me Storms. I hate spending so much time on CB prying for a new leak or hybrid to solve my OS problems.
    05-06-10 11:17 AM
    I had a Storm 9530 and went through six replacements before I gave up and purchased a Tour 9630 on e-bay. Verizon's customer service is good, but I didn't understand why they wouldn't give me an option to change my phone after six replacements (3 in 90 days).

Sometimes I get annoyed with VZW's customer service but I'm deathly afraid to go with Sprint since I have heard horror stories about their service and customer service (especially if its a problem that needs resolution).
    05-06-10 11:50 AM
    To the OP, I understand your frustration, though I do not understand your experience. By that, I mean I've been with VZW for well over 10 years now and have never experienced the stuff you have. Have I had problems? **** yeah, I have. Have my experiences been perfect? **** no, they haven't. That being said, I have NO desire to leave VZW (ESPECIALLY for Sprint) as they have always, always--in the end--satisfied me.

I began with dumb phones and of course, there was little trouble (still have one of my old, LG bricks that was a KILLER phone...never know, might crank 'er up again) and eventually moved over to smart phones and then BBs. I bought my S1 on release day and, aside from some important OS issues, loved it. As OS updates came out, the phone got better and better. Of course, memory was an issue and, after a full year with the phone, I took advantage of an early upgrade offer and got the S2. My first one did have the sticking key issue and the minute I read of the so-called "silent recall" here, I called VZW, had a very nice conversation and they agreed to send me a new one. I got the new one with the appropriate date codes and I still have it, it works pefectly, slick as all get out.

I have learned how to deal with VZW's service. First and foremost, I'm ALWAYS polite with them...to the point of joking and kidding around a bit. Heck, they're just people like you and me and have good and not-so-good days (especially given their occupation, it's not easy). Create an environment where they WANT to help you, not only because it's their job, but because you stand out as someone who should be helped and they'll feel good about it. At the same time, I don't let them snowball me. I stand my ground politely, but firmly. If need be, I ask for a Level 2 person if I suspect the person I'm dealing with doesn't know what they're doing. I've also had them fairly quickly transfer me to RIM support.

In the end, I have rated VZW's Customer Service very highly. Room for improvement? Sure, but overall, I'm very satisfied. By the way, there was a new survey just released on the customer satisfaction issue and VZW scored the best (AT&T was dead last and Sprint, I belive, was just slightly under VZW). My own experience with Sprint is through my close friends, all of whom eventually dropped Sprint after many dropped calls and poor service experience.

BTW, the current OS for the S2, .607 is really very bad and worth downgrading or, holding your breath for an update. There are some serious issues that VZW can't ignore for long (i.e., horrible bluetooth volume, which, when you live in "hands free mandatory while driving" states, can't be overlooked for too long.
    05-06-10 12:20 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD