05-06-10 12:20 PM
33 12
tools
    Some may remember back a few months ago I got the S2 and was having issues pressing Send and End. Many suggested I give the S2 another chance after verizon pissed me off so bad I asked the disconnect department what I needed to do to change carriers.

After waiting a couple of months I got another S2. It had a part of the screen that was dead. So they shipped out another. That screen made a "tink" sound only on one side of the screen. As I called for another phone Verizon gave me the "you're over 30 days".

I just sent the phone back after 3 hours and the disconnect department said to send it back. They asked if I wanted another...I told them no.

I'm done. Mostly with Verizon for the crappy customer service and their idiotic ideas of "pushing" what they want onto your phone. Rim is a good company but they need better quality control. I've given both enough tries.

Thank you to everyone who helped me learn how to use my Blackberry. I've never had one before the storm. From tips to getting the otter commuter case (which is great), everyone was there to help.

I'm gonna wait three weeks and I'm off to the new Android HTC 4G on Sprint. I've played with one and its an amazing phone.

Thanks again.
    C

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 05:29 AM
    Good luck on your ventures with Android- CB will still be here if/when you decide to come back
    04-28-10 06:59 AM
    Nooooooooooo

04-28-10 06:59 AM
    As FYI, from my experience I've found Verizon Customer Service to be great, never had a problem. And had ZERO problems with my original Storm 9530 and now my Storm2 9550. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe you are just unlucky. Good luck with your next carrier and device. I had Sprint years ago, and unless their customer service has changed, I think you'll be disappointed (I know I was).
    04-28-10 07:04 AM
    That's too bad about you CS experience. Unfortunately, I think it's the same everywhere. You can occasionally find nice people to work with, but most (at all companies) seem to be angry at the fact that they have to go to work everyday and don't understand why they aren't already millionaires.

Anyway...I would say that if you are in a strong Sprint data coverage area, and you don't travel much for fun or for work, everything should work out fine. If you are not in a great coverage area, or you do travel, I'd stay with verizon, and look at the HTC Incredible coming out in a couple of days. Customer service aside (it sucks everywhere), you can not beat the data coverage that verizon offers.
    04-28-10 09:31 AM
    I have had problems with my storm well on my 6th but one thing I would never knock is there customer service it is heads above everyone else. I need a replacement and aslong as I call before 530pm I ussually have it the next day. Grant it I have been through a lot of S2 but I am still sticking with the big red. I am just changing phones. They just supply the service and that is great. Some of there phones not so though but they do not have much control of that. DAMN YOU RIM
    04-28-10 09:50 AM
    Some may remember back a few months ago I got the S2 and was having issues pressing Send and End. Many suggested I give the S2 another chance after verizon pissed me off so bad I asked the disconnect department what I needed to do to change carriers.

After waiting a couple of months I got another S2. It had a part of the screen that was dead. So they shipped out another. That screen made a "tink" sound only on one side of the screen. As I called for another phone Verizon gave me the "you're over 30 days".

I just sent the phone back after 3 hours and the disconnect department said to send it back. They asked if I wanted another...I told them no.

I'm done. Mostly with Verizon for the crappy customer service and their idiotic ideas of "pushing" what they want onto your phone. Rim is a good company but they need better quality control. I've given both enough tries.

Thank you to everyone who helped me learn how to use my Blackberry. I've never had one before the storm. From tips to getting the otter commuter case (which is great), everyone was there to help.

I'm gonna wait three weeks and I'm off to the new Android HTC 4G on Sprint. I've played with one and its an amazing phone.

Thanks again.
    C

You probably won't find satisfaction with Sprint. I have a client that is a retired spokesman for Sprint...his famous words are "they are the best of the worst" meaning they don't measure up to companies like Verizon, but they are better than the bottom dwellers....good luck with your move, but I wouldn't doubt at some point you'll go back to Verizon.
    04-28-10 09:57 AM
    I used to have Sprint as well. Besides the lack of coverage in my area, I couldn't hold a signal in my apartment... it was a complete dead zone. That's how I got out of my contract w them. They checked the area around my apartment and determined it was a dead zone, I couldn't make calls, and that was my out. Their customer service was terrible as well.

I will NEVER complain about Verizon's CS. I went through 5 Storm 1 devices and am on my 3rd S2. They have never given me any problems whatsoever. I have always gotten my device at a store on the spot or the next day. They were also very accomodating when I was unemployed and had difficutly paying my bill. They worked it out with me, and I have always praised their CS.
    04-28-10 10:17 AM
    Damn all you guys!!!! J/k. You almost make me feel guilty. I really do like the people here.

One of the things that does worry me is the signal. But I'm in long Island, ny. Shouldn't be too bad. The sucky part is I travel (for fun) 3-4 times a year. Hope its not too bad.

I do think RIM need to tell Verizon (or whomever) to wait until they get software that isn't half assed. I think everyone went through a little too much BS with S1. As far as S2 goes, 3,4,5...returns???? Imagine that was a car...it would be a lemon law. Would you return a TV 4 times and think its acceptable? No. We have been suckered by what could have been a great product.

I was, however, willing to suffer through. Being on the phone with Verizon ever damn time for an hour or more every other month is dumb. Yes I've had some nice people. But they are rare. Tech support....I know more than most of them (which make you guys GENIUS!!!).

I'll make a deal. If someone on here works for Vz or has someone that does, and I only have to deal with One person...the same person so I don't have to deal with nonsense....I'll consider staying and maybe try the incredible (until S3 comes out...lol).

I also wonder if Sprints 4G is going to give their phones better range?

04-29-10 05:34 AM
    Im thinking very hard about selling my Storm 2 and picking up a Droid. The only problem Ive had with my Storm is the recent update in the operating system and not working with iloveradio now, other than that its been a great phone. Its just that the Droid has more to play with.
    04-29-10 08:38 AM
    You are leaving Verizon for SPRINT???? Are you a masochist, or what??
    04-29-10 12:12 PM
    You are leaving Verizon for SPRINT???? Are you a masochist, or what??
    Have you had someone **** you off so bad that it didn't matter about money, you needed to act? That's where I'm at. I'm sooo fed up with Verizon CS I almost told them tp just shut the phone off and I'll go back to payphones. THAT'S how pissed they have gotten me. Understand, I never cursed, yelled or threatened. I treated each person with respect. Now, where I come from, you treat someone with respect and they spit in your face....there's only two outcomes. Walk away or a punch to the face. Since I couldn't "reach out and touch someone", walking seems like my only choice.

04-29-10 11:54 PM
    Good luck on your ventures with Android- CB will still be here if/when you decide to come back
    Actually, I'm hoping there's a sister site "crackdroid.com" so someone from here can show me how to use a droid like you guys helped me learn a Blackberry.

04-29-10 11:57 PM
    So what is wrong with THIS phone?
    04-29-10 11:59 PM

Thanks again.
    C

I have friend that always borrows my VZ phone because he can't get a signal when we're out and about.
    04-30-10 12:07 AM
    This thread has caused me to laugh. On the serious side, I simply have never been able to understand why some people seem to have SO many problems with SO many phones. My first S1, purchased on release day, was perfect (well, with the few, minor annoyances that the device had, but fixed with OS upgrades). Ultimately, just a few days after the S2 came out, my S1 developed a keypad problem and after a chat with both VZW and RIM, they sent me a replacement. It worked perfect, but I had already decided to go for the S2, so sold the 1 and bought the 2. That worked fairly well but I did have the sticking key problem so had a replacement sent which works PERFECTLY. I've never had to do multiple returns.

As for VZW service, they've always, always been terrific, I have zero complaints about service.

Finally, I'm almost aghast about your thoughts of switching to Sprint. Man, you think you have problems now, just wait........... Good luck to you, you'll need it, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
    04-30-10 12:16 AM
    After getting pissed on by Sprint, you're going to long for the days when VZW only spit on you.
    04-30-10 02:39 AM
    Well, I do know what its like to have wonky Storm2s. I was going to go with the EVO myself until I read an article on cellular carriers and how much better Verizon is than all the others when it comes to coverage quality and how spotty the 4G coverage will be in general in the first few years. Oddly enough with all the trouble I had getting Verizon to replace my bad Storms they stepped up to the bar and offered me an early upgrade into the Incredible so with all things considered I decided to stay with Verizon and try the HTC handset. The one thing I will really miss is this Forum, it is very helpful and a great phone community for sure. Will I come back to Blackberry in the future? I'm not going to rule that out I'm sure the next generation 6.0 handsets will be better, and I am going to miss many features only available to Berry users that I wont have on my Droid. Right now I need a phone I can use without constant drama and hopefully the Droid will alleviate this some.
    04-30-10 03:52 AM
    If the storm 2 had a regular touchscreen keyboard that wasn't prone to malfunctioning a lot, I would've stuck with it. It looks like that my hands and fingers are a little bit more sweaty than the normal person and the clicky screen of the storm 2 would go nuts from time to time. I'm happy with my droid. It's not perfect, but it doesn't go nuts on me like the S2 did. If they improve the touchscreen on the next version of the storm where I would have no problems with the touchscreen, I would consider coming back to it.
    04-30-10 05:43 AM
    Have you had someone **** you off so bad that it didn't matter about money, you needed to act? That's where I'm at. I'm sooo fed up with Verizon CS I almost told them tp just shut the phone off and I'll go back to payphones. THAT'S how pissed they have gotten me. Understand, I never cursed, yelled or threatened. I treated each person with respect. Now, where I come from, you treat someone with respect and they spit in your face....there's only two outcomes. Walk away or a punch to the face. Since I couldn't "reach out and touch someone", walking seems like my only choice.

Yes, AAMOF I've periodically gotten peeved at Verizon. That doesn't translate to me "biting off my nose to spite my face", however.
    04-30-10 11:11 AM
    If the storm 2 had a regular touchscreen keyboard that wasn't prone to malfunctioning a lot, I would've stuck with it. It looks like that my hands and fingers are a little bit more sweaty than the normal person and the clicky screen of the storm 2 would go nuts from time to time. I'm happy with my droid. It's not perfect, but it doesn't go nuts on me like the S2 did. If they improve the touchscreen on the next version of the storm where I would have no problems with the touchscreen, I would consider coming back to it.
    If the Storm had a "regular" touchscreen, as you put it, it wouldn't have been on my short list of preferable phones.
    04-30-10 11:12 AM
    So what is wrong with THIS phone?
    Easiest way to explain it is holding the phone in landscape mode. Send/End to the right. The left side of my screen clicks likes its supposed to. The right side makes "tink" noise. Almost like broken glass behind the screen. They told me after spending 90 min wiping the phone and reloading software exactly what I already knew....it was a hardware problem. This guy was reading a "how to" book. Had no idea what he was doing.

05-01-10 02:55 AM
    Just a question about droids in general....will they push emails as well as my Blackberry?

05-01-10 02:56 AM
    Yes if you get the right app for it. Without the app it only pushes gmail. I dumped my S1 and couldn't be happier. I'm using it now until my Incredible gets here and I hate it even more.....can't wait till I can throw it up into the top of the closet and forget about it.
    05-01-10 03:07 AM

Thanks again.
    C

very good point (in Bold). I'm not a big fan of Verizon's way of pushing apps to their customers phones. My wife ask me every so often hey whats this whats that, and i look at her phone and say i dunno babe Att doesn't do that with my 9700. (the latest being some NFL application dealing with the draft my wife doesn't know what a first down is why does she need this).
    05-01-10 03:13 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD