I plan on ordering my storm on the 15th when my ne2 is up and I'm excited about it and scared too. Every time I think I'm sure it's the phone I want, I read this forum and all the problems people are having with it puts doubts in my mind. It will be my first bb and I'm trying to learn all I can ahead of time so the forum is great for that. I have a folder of info and links all ready to go. I have tested the phone in the verizon store 3 times and although typing on it with accuracy is going to take time to learn I don't mind that, it's all the hardware issues that scares me.

Is it magnified on here or are the problems that widespread? I know a lot of people love the curve, but it really doesn't appeal to me and I want a bb and need to stay with verizon. Any advice appreciated.
    01-10-09 11:27 AM
    In my opinion, the Storm shouldn't be anyones first experience with a BB device. BB' takes some time getting used to and learning all of the menus, the things it can do, etc. Attempting to use the Storm and learn all these things can be frustating to most people. I loaned my friend an 8830 to use because she wants the Storm but wanted to get used to using a BB before making the change. Maybe you should ask around to your friends or check out eBay for a used BB Curve or 8830 (they sell very cheap right now on eBay). Use one, figure it out and then make an investment in the Storm.

Just my opinion.
    01-10-09 11:35 AM
    storm is my first bb also and have had no issues with mine except for 2 random reboots, i really dont thinh you will regret it i am running .75 that came with it and enjoying it ...good luck,,,,rudy
    01-10-09 11:38 AM
    In my opinion, the Storm shouldn't be anyones first experience with a BB device. BB' takes some time getting used to and learning all of the menus, the things it can do, etc. Attempting to use the Storm and learn all these things can be frustating to most people. I loaned my friend an 8830 to use because she wants the Storm but wanted to get used to using a BB before making the change. Maybe you should ask around to your friends or check out eBay for a used BB Curve or 8830 (they sell very cheap right now on eBay). Use one, figure it out and then make an investment in the Storm.

Just my opinion.
    I sort of agree but depending on how quick of a learner you are you can catch on fairly quickly. But I see where Blackwido is coming from. Its really your call!!

By the way if your going to do.....grow some B*lls and just do it!!!
    01-10-09 11:39 AM
    storm is my first bb also and have had no issues with mine except for 2 random reboots, i really dont thinh you will regret it i am running .75 that came with it and enjoying it ...good luck,,,,rudy
    how do you find typing on it and how long have you had it?
    01-10-09 11:40 AM
    Storm is my first blackbert and only took me about a day to get used to. I will tell you I'm now going to be a blackberry user for life I love this phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 11:41 AM
    I sort of agree but depending on how quick of a learner you are you can catch on fairly quickly. But I see where Blackwido is coming from. Its really your call!!

By the way if your going to do.....grow some B*lls and just do it!!!
    well i would have to grow some since I didn't come with them as standard equipment.

I catch on fast, I'm not really worried about that aspect of it. it's the quality issues mostly.
    01-10-09 11:42 AM
    Do not worry about it, a better question to ask is how many people have a Storm and like it and have NOT had the problems that others have had.
    01-10-09 11:45 AM
    I plan on ordering my storm on the 15th when my ne2 is up and I'm excited about it and scared too. Every time I think I'm sure it's the phone I want, I read this forum and all the problems people are having with it puts doubts in my mind. It will be my first bb and I'm trying to learn all I can ahead of time so the forum is great for that. I have a folder of info and links all ready to go. I have tested the phone in the verizon store 3 times and although typing on it with accuracy is going to take time to learn I don't mind that, it's all the hardware issues that scares me.

Is it magnified on here or are the problems that widespread? I know a lot of people love the curve, but it really doesn't appeal to me and I want a bb and need to stay with verizon. Any advice appreciated.
    Don't listen to everybody on this forum. There aren't that many problems with it. I was a first time BlackBerry user when I bought the Storm and I absolutely love this phone. I used to have the iPhone and compared to the Storm, the iPhone is a brilliant multimedia toy. That's exactly what it is - a toy!

01-10-09 11:48 AM
    Hi liz_309,
    I'm also ordering a Storm this Thursday, when my ne2 due on the 15th. And I feel the same way when reading this forum, it does make me nervous. But, I have had a 8830WE blackberry for two years now, and I love it. So when the Storm forum makes me nervous, I go read the 8830WE forum, and see the tons of problems being reported there also. After doing that I am pretty confident that getting the Storm will also be a great decision. Because bottom line, no matter what you like, if you go to a forum where people talk about it, you will see problems. Same goes for my car, and when I visit the forums where people discuss Toyota Camry Hybrids... Same goes for my Xbox360, etc...
    01-10-09 11:48 AM
    I wouldn't worry about it. The Storm is an excellent phone and all the other smartphone goodies that come with it.

I'll be honest, my first BB was a 7130, and I really didn't get much out of it. I used it primarily as a data resource for my company email while having a separate phone since I wasn't getting reimbursed from my company for the BB.

Now that the Storm came out, it was exactly what I was looking for - a cool, smartphone (I wanted the iPhone but my company only supports BB) with all the bells and whistles (as far as I'm concerned) - and if you just know the basics about how to navigate around the computer world, it really doesn't take long at all. If you should be worried about anything, it's getting addicted it IT and CRACKBERRY.com! My wife is already complaining. You'll learn so much about the BB world and Storm right here that any concerns you have will be almost instantly answered.

And now my Storm is just about as close to a best friend that you can have!
    01-10-09 11:50 AM
    I've had my storm for a few weeks now and ive not had any problems. I had a blackberry a couple of weeks ago but had to give it up because there were no unlimited data plans, the customer service rep told me it was unlimited, then i got a phone bill for 120 pounds when it shold have been 40. they admited that the rep was wrong but only paid half of it for it and i had to pay the rest, I was sooo pissed off.

Anyway, so yeah, I'm sure if you have been reading up on it you will be fine. I don't think it's true that you have to use a different blackberry first. Plenty of people here are first timers and found it easy to pick up.
    01-10-09 11:52 AM
    I came from a Treo and the issue isn't the learning curve, it's whether you're the type of person who can get past those things that you have to do differently that aren't necessarily harder, they're just different.

01-10-09 11:54 AM
    well i would have to grow some since I didn't come with them as standard equipment.

I catch on fast, I'm not really worried about that aspect of it. it's the quality issues mostly.

Ever since Ive gone to BB's there was no going back for me. As for the Storm, yea there will be issues but thats will all phones and especially with anything that just came out like first gens like our phones. Its a hit and miss. OS is crap so Im constantly looking for a version that works right! Other than that its the best phone ever.
    01-10-09 11:57 AM
    Hi liz_309,
    I'm also ordering a Storm this Thursday, when my ne2 due on the 15th. And I feel the same way when reading this forum, it does make me nervous. But, I have had a 8830WE blackberry for two years now, and I love it. So when the Storm forum makes me nervous, I go read the 8830WE forum, and see the tons of problems being reported there also. After doing that I am pretty confident that getting the Storm will also be a great decision. Because bottom line, no matter what you like, if you go to a forum where people talk about it, you will see problems. Same goes for my car, and when I visit the forums where people discuss Toyota Camry Hybrids... Same goes for my Xbox360, etc...
    that's a great point! thanks for putting it in perspective. of course people having problems are going to be the ones posting the most because they're looking for solutions. Not many people post to say nothing is wrong.
    01-10-09 12:00 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it. The Storm is an excellent phone and all the other smartphone goodies that come with it.

I'll be honest, my first BB was a 7130, and I really didn't get much out of it. I used it primarily as a data resource for my company email while having a separate phone since I wasn't getting reimbursed from my company for the BB.

Now that the Storm came out, it was exactly what I was looking for - a cool, smartphone (I wanted the iPhone but my company only supports BB) with all the bells and whistles (as far as I'm concerned) - and if you just know the basics about how to navigate around the computer world, it really doesn't take long at all. If you should be worried about anything, it's getting addicted it IT and CRACKBERRY.com! My wife is already complaining. You'll learn so much about the BB world and Storm right here that any concerns you have will be almost instantly answered.

And now my Storm is just about as close to a best friend that you can have!
    thanks for taking the time to write that. it does make me feel better.
    01-10-09 12:01 PM
    It's human nature. The forums give those few with problems a chance to get help, but the many without problems don't post, since no one would care.
    We complain when there is a problem, but rarely ask for a manager to sya that everything was great!
    01-10-09 12:03 PM
    LOL. I love it when people make out blackberries to be some kind of "special" complex device that takes months to master. lol. It's a phone and I gaurantee most people will have the majority of it figured out within the first week. I know a lot of sales people at work that are absolutely clueless with a computer but can do near anything on their blackberries.
    01-10-09 12:05 PM
    I agree with Blackwidow ... BB's are not for everyone. It will not come preset to your liking, & unless you find 2 newbs you will never find any two that are set up alike. That is the good part; the bad part is some purchasers are not aware of the multitude of numerous customization options afforded a BB user and are not prepared to put in the time to "unleash the beast."
    01-10-09 12:10 PM
    Don't get me wrong Liz.. we would love to have you in our universe and will help you as that need is required. BTW hardware issues are returnable whereas software issues are fixable. I am rocking my original Storm and through the OS updates and Crackfiend support, I am a happy customer.
    01-10-09 12:16 PM
    Don't get me wrong Liz.. we would love to have you in our universe and will help you as that need is required. BTW hardware issues are returnable whereas software issues are fixable. I am rocking my original Storm and through the OS updates and Crackfiend support, I am a happy customer.
    I feel a lot better now. I love this forum!
    01-10-09 12:55 PM
    That's cool. If it looks like The Storm'll be something you'll like, I say go for it. The problems are wayyyyyyyy overblown. I love mine. Had to get it replaced for a bad screen, but VZW made that process a breeze.

In the off chance you ever have an issue with yours, my guess is you'll find the answer here.

Welcome!
    01-10-09 01:01 PM
    In my opinion, the Storm shouldn't be anyones first experience with a BB device.
    The Storm is my first BB. OMG, now I know why they call them crackberries! Love it
    01-10-09 01:03 PM
    i agree with MUDPUD
    01-10-09 02:10 PM
    I got mine on day 1 and am very happy with it. Don't let these forums scare you off. It's not perfect, and it's not as silky smooth as an iPhone, but it ain't bad and it does a lot of things better than the iPhone. I think you'll like it. Typing is fine once you get used to it, and you may actually prefer the click. BTW -- This is my first BB. Good luck!
    01-10-09 03:50 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD