Got my first Storm and it worked great until the screen started to loosen up and ended up getting a crap load of dust under the screen. Got my second replacement and it was perfect. The screen was nice and snug no problems. Now the screen is starting to get all loose again like the original phone and I see one spec of dust under the screen. Theres also a dead pixel or something in my screen as well. I don't understand why RIM can't make a solid phone like Samsung or something. I'm about to call VZW and complain and most likely end up getting a 3rd replacement Storm. This phone is really pissing me off. Anyone else having similar problems?
    03-14-09 12:35 PM
    This is new technology and IMO they did a good job. Making a touch screen phone is a lot easier then touch screen with sure press.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 12:41 PM
    I've got a little dust under the screen, but I don't see how it's such a big deal. It doesn't obscure my view of anything. Can you explain to me what the big issue with it is?
    03-14-09 12:42 PM
    Some of the users have encountered the same problem. I have not. I would call Vzw and return the unit and get a replacement. Once you get a Storm that works, it's bliss. Hopelfully you will get a slice of the good life too.

03-14-09 12:44 PM
    I've got a little dust under the screen, but I don't see how it's such a big deal. It doesn't obscure my view of anything. Can you explain to me what the big issue with it is?
    That's the thing.. THERE IS NO BIG issue...
    03-14-09 12:59 PM
    My phone is in my pocket every day and I've had it for almost a month. Treat it well and it will return the favor, no dust under my screen at all, no bad scratches, and it works!
    03-14-09 01:04 PM
    The screen is supposed to be loose and have pivot room. Its the way its made. I have no problems with my phone at all. Running standard RIM O/S.
    03-14-09 01:07 PM
    Some of the users have encountered the same problem. I have not. I would call Vzw and return the unit and get a replacement. Once you get a Storm that works, it's bliss. Hopelfully you will get a slice of the good life too.

Agreed. Take it back and get another one. Especially if you're within the first 30 days, you'll get a new one (I think).

My phone is in my pocket every day and I've had it for almost a month. Treat it well and it will return the favor, no dust under my screen at all, no bad scratches, and it works!
    I've had mine since 11/24 in my pocket constantly and no dust. I think it's a problem with some of the phones.
    03-14-09 01:14 PM
    Why isn't this post in the rants/raves thread?
    03-14-09 01:22 PM
    03-14-09 01:28 PM
    That's the thing.. THERE IS NO BIG issue...
    Hey if you don't mind owning "the hottest phone on the market" and having dust filling up inside it, then hey it's no big issue.
    03-14-09 01:31 PM
    if you have a dust problem get a can of dust off and spray all entries for dust daily. the holster also keeps the screen from moving in your pocket or bag. listen to alskor...... ha
    03-14-09 01:33 PM
    Agreed. Really, I don't understand posts like this. If it's so bad, just return the thing and move on. I've got an original Storm and have had no issues with it at all. Just did the torx screw adjustment and have had smooth sailing. No dust, no issues at all. Running .75. Pretty darned happy with this phone. Just give me VNC and slingplayer mobile for the Storm and I'm golden.
    03-14-09 01:36 PM
    Mine seems to work pretty well.
    Only issue is battery life or lack thereof...

03-14-09 01:39 PM
    I don't understand why RIM can't make a solid phone like Samsung or something.
    Just take it back and get a phone like Samsung or something. The Storm will never be the perfect phone that you have in your mind.
    03-14-09 02:27 PM
    Hope you don't mind but I am going to post this image in every one of these post that should be started in the rants and raves section.
    03-14-09 02:33 PM
    Just take it back and get a phone like Samsung or something.
    Yeah you will be completely satisfied with that phone.
    03-14-09 02:34 PM
    Get an otter box if it really bothers you. I did because I coach lacrosse on a dusty field and the otter box protects it from shots and from the dust. And no I couldn't just out my phone away because I need to have it on hand in case of emergency.

03-14-09 02:45 PM
    Get a different device. If a device does not work, get something that will. It is pretty simple.
    03-14-09 02:47 PM
    yep same thing happened to me, i tried it, it didn't work for me. So i went back with the Curve.
    03-14-09 02:48 PM
    Omg here comes the thread police...chill out and let the mods clean it up

03-14-09 03:45 PM
    Screen protectors help to avoid dust under the screen. May want to pick some up from the crackberry store when you get your new storm. Good luck.

03-14-09 04:04 PM
    No screen protector here and I've been carrying the phone in my pocket since december. No problems with dust at all. You got two lemons

03-14-09 04:08 PM
    IMO a BB might not work for you. I heard the Samsung is a great phone.

03-14-09 04:11 PM
    all you have to do is take care of your storm. i clean it prob 4 times a day. i have no dust it runs perfectly.

03-14-09 04:14 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD