whats up guys... my dare auction is about to end on ebay cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200287564099 tonight and as soon as i get the money for my dare. i want to go into the verizon store the next day and see if i can get a BB storm.

Hears the deal, i am eligible for a 2 yr upgrade. so should i just go in the store and do it that way or is there some other way i can get it cheaper?? i heard someone talking about a Verizon Holiday Special or somthing like that. but i've looked everywhere on the net and in my mailbox, and i couldn't find anything. so im thinking he might have just been talking out of his @$$ lol, so please let me know whats the way to do it. I want to save $$$

Am i even gonna like this phone or is it just gonna be a waste of time and money?
    12-14-08 05:10 PM
    Best Buy seems to have a pretty good deal going on. No rebates to mail in and you get a free bluetooth earpiece.
    12-14-08 05:12 PM
    whats up guys... my dare auction is about to end on ebay cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200287564099 tonight and as soon as i get the money for my dare. i want to go into the verizon store the next day and see if i can get a BB storm.

Hears the deal, i am eligible for a 2 yr upgrade. so should i just go in the store and do it that way or is there some other way i can get it cheaper?? i heard someone talking about a Verizon Holiday Special or somthing like that. but i've looked everywhere on the net and in my mailbox, and i couldn't find anything. so im thinking he might have just been talking out of his @$$ lol, so please let me know whats the way to do it. I want to save $$$

Am i even gonna like this phone or is it just gonna be a waste of time and money?
    he wasn't talking out of his a@@ I got one too. Good luck walking into a store and walking out with one. i would start calling around now and see if you can find one......your gonna pay 249 with a 50 mir or 199 at Bestbuy...
    12-14-08 05:40 PM
    what should i do than? should i go to the verizon store instead of best buy... how much did you get yours for? TOTAL PRICE out the door
    12-14-08 05:50 PM
    there is some kind of funky wireless deal from verizon to get a storm for 99.00 after rebate. 149 out the door. thats cheaper then the best buy deal. i dont know what the rules are to get this deal though because i got it after i had already ordered my storm so i threw it away.
    12-14-08 05:54 PM
    rider if you go to verizon, you will pay $250 and then be mailed a debit card with $50. if you go to best buy, you will pay $199 immediately, and get a free bluetooth. i did mine at best buy, haven't used the bluetooth yet... but i like free stuff, so its nice!
    12-14-08 05:55 PM

I hate to break this news to you but there is people who have ordered there's on the 5th and maybe even earlier and still don't have it. People are waiting for phones to be shipped out on the 15th.. and some now even much later..

There is a shortage..

If your able to find one out there thats great..

but this may be harder then you think..
    12-14-08 06:01 PM
    if you're that short of cash and don't know if you'll like it. Just wait a few months..
    12-14-08 06:04 PM
    I hate to break this news to you but there is people who have ordered there's on the 5th and maybe even earlier and still don't have it. People are waiting for phones to be shipped out on the 15th.. and some now even much later..

There is a shortage..

If your able to find one out there thats great..

but this may be harder then you think..

the thing that sucks is that i already put my dare up on ebay and its already being sold. i just called all my local stores around me and NO ONE has 1 storm in stock... so im pretty pissed off bout that but they said they can order me one and it will be here in a couple of days. ya thanks verizon lol now i have to go to the store and order it before i can even get it!
    12-14-08 06:29 PM
    Guess you should've planned this out a little better...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 06:36 PM
    Like some one already said there are people who have been waiting to have the Storm shipped to them for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now. The chances of you walking in to a store and walking out with one is not impossible but very unlikely.

How are we supposed to know if you are going to like it or not? We don't know you from Adam. We don't know your likes or dislikes. Have you played with a Storm yet? You should find a corp store or kiosk and mess around with one. Do you make it a habit of letting other people make decisions for you?

Just wondering!
    12-14-08 06:40 PM
    I ordered my phone on the 5th. got a message in the mail on the 6th saying it would be shipped in 3 days. I got a tracking number on the 12th. it will be here on the 15th.

so the first message you get is pretty much an automated message that means nothing. just a heads up when you finally do order
    12-14-08 06:41 PM
    Like some one already said there are people who have been waiting to have the Storm shipped to them for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now. The chances of you walking in to a store and walking out with one is not impossible but very unlikely.

How are we supposed to know if you are going to like it or not? We don't know you from Adam. We don't know your likes or dislikes. Have you played with a Storm yet? You should find a corp store or kiosk and mess around with one. Do you make it a habit of letting other people make decisions for you?

Just wondering!

i did pay with it in the store, but the store models are nothing like a real one personal one thats in your pocket everyday... i see a lot of people complaining about a lot of stuff and thats why i was asking. i still havent messed with someones personal Storm
    12-14-08 06:51 PM
    Looks like you will be phoneless for a while......
    12-14-08 07:02 PM
    I am curious. how is verizon converting so many non data users to data? I remember when i switched, i could only bring myself to do it for extreme business reasons.

all these people coming from the teenie phones who just like to text and check their myspace are now spending $35 more a month to get the storm?

how are they pulling that off?

(ps this has nothing to do with YOU OP, just you mentioning the dare made me think of this)
    12-14-08 07:08 PM
    I am curious. how is verizon converting so many non data users to data? I remember when i switched, i could only bring myself to do it for extreme business reasons.

all these people coming from the teenie phones who just like to text and check their myspace are now spending $35 more a month to get the storm?

(ps this has nothing to do with YOU OP, just you mentioning the dare made me think of this)
    The dare sucks!
    12-14-08 07:09 PM
    Guess you should've planned this out a little better...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i was just about to post that, but saw you did it for me
    12-14-08 07:10 PM

well i already pay $15 a month for unlimted txt and data usage, so i figure its really only gonna be 15 more a month, rather than $30
    12-14-08 08:37 PM
    Always research before making major electronic purchases!
    12-14-08 08:51 PM
    well i already pay $15 a month for unlimted txt and data usage, so i figure its really only gonna be 15 more a month, rather than $30
    The $30/month unlimited usage Blackberry Internet Service does NOT include texting.
    12-14-08 08:52 PM
    i have a company discount. so the added 30 bucks a month was hardly much at all
    12-14-08 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD