View Poll Results: After using .323, are you more confident about RIM direction?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think I will hold on to my Storm now and just see whats next.

43 81.13%
  • Nope, until I get the browser in my hands RIM sucks.

0 0%
  • Hey, put me on the Droid Fanboi Short Bus!

10 18.87%
    This is what we all thought the Storms OS was going to be when we bought it, but we were short handed. At first, I thought this build was only a slight step above .230. Patches told me I would be amazed by the build, but I wasn't. It just seemed like an improvement. But after running it on my storm for days straight yeah I have a memory leak but I think there may just be a memory glitch in this build. Performance for me isnt affected by memory. The responsiveness on this phone is crazy. I dont know how to exactly explain it but here is my way of explaining .230 to .323.

You might not get it because like I said I don't know how to explain it.

.230=Progression, but still a flatness about it. Sort of like Windows 98.

.323=Catch my eye with every navigation through this OS. More comparable to the feel of Windows 7. Everything is Clear. 3D like. OSX comparable as far as smoothness.

I don't know about you, but if my Odin plans happen so to not work out, I would be completely happy with this phone. Storm 1 isnt a failure, so for those ignorant people who keep saying that, most likely their knowledge is tangled.

Its the OS that makes all the difference. Yes while typing on Surepress1 can be tiring, the point is, you dont recognize the tired feeling as much with this OS because it is more interactive, quick, and how a touchscreen is SUPPOSE to react. Not the BS that they gave us in 4.7 that sht is laughable. This is the OS that I was hoping all along would come to this storm, not because it hits the highest potential, but because if RIM didnt do whatever it is they did to this OS now, then they would be in some real big danger. Its understandable why they are releasing the Odin and 5.0 this early, because they have to get a head start with the 19+devices coming to verizon this quarter.

IMO we will be getting the things weve waited for from RIM sooner than what some would like to think.

We forget how long its been since weve been all waiting for the Odin and 5.0 to officially release, beleive it or not atleast 6 months that I know of have gone by. Thats plenty of development time.

COnsidering that the guy they hired from Windows/Apple was announced in April, that only means he was announced then doesnt mean how long he was there before he was announced publicly. Thats 7 months thats gone by. In five months it will have been a year that he has been with RIM. Im sure that we will see more progressions that will hold us off until Safari and the New Browser comes out.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 10-24-09 at 09:29 PM.
    10-24-09 09:23 PM
    Wait, I want to bask in the ambiance...

I seem to remember you telling me a few weeks ago that the S1 WILL NEVER be as quick as the S2 is. I'll admit that the S2's input is an improvement (just like I did back then), but the S1 is by no means a slouch. I think the "Poser Appeal" got the better of you back then.
    10-24-09 09:30 PM
    lol, its funny how people are changing their minds so easily now

I have to wait til december anyway, by then i will have had time to play with a droid so we will see what phone wins, if any, then
    10-24-09 09:50 PM
    I am running .323 and like it. It is stable but so was .151. It seems to me that every time a new OS is leaked some people praise it as the OS the phone should have been released with. .327 is coming and will that be the one? How about .330 and .334 and .337 and so on....do we need a new OS weekly? Why not just do one right for a change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:53 PM
    I am running .323 and like it. It is stable but so was .151. It seems to me that every time a new OS is leaked some people praise it as the OS the phone should have been released with. .327 is coming and will that be the one? How about .330 and .334 and .337 and so on....do we need a new OS weekly? Why not just do one right for a change?

This seems to be the nature of the beast. Maybe because this phone and it's OS has promised so much, but has been so buggy from day-one. We're never satisfied with each little fix. We always want something just a bit better.

Hmm... CrackBerry makes perfect sense now. LOL
    10-24-09 09:57 PM

Well, I do agree with what your saying, but I have pointed out specific reasons in previous threads why this OS is different. I am on a brand new storm1 made in mexico second best kind running on .323, and Im amazed at the performance to go on days and days running on such low memory as fast as it is. You can somewhat compare this to .151, but this OS is on a completely different level with newer software incorporations. Who cares about the past already. Atleast that means that they are improving if people are saying that a build is better than the build before.
    10-24-09 10:01 PM
    Yeah Crackberry makes more sense now. I used to have a life before I got a BB.

10-24-09 10:02 PM
    lol, CS, you remind me of sooks a little bit.
    10-24-09 10:04 PM
    .323 is great. A handful of little bugs, but overall displays the potential of the device. Only negative going forward is the lack of memory. S1 should have had 256mb. Then there would be no reason to upgrade to the S2.
    10-24-09 10:09 PM
    This seems to be the nature of the beast. Maybe because this phone and it's OS has promised so much, but has been so buggy from day-one. We're never satisfied with each little fix. We always want something just a bit better.

Hmm... CrackBerry makes perfect sense now. LOL
    Dont get me wrong, lol, Im not settling for this. Im just happy with it until the rush wears off and a new feature comes.

Kind of like that goldfish you get when your a little kid and you like it for the first week or two, but then something changes after that second week.

(have you ever had your goldfish eat each other?)
    10-24-09 10:09 PM
    I get what you are saying, Card, and I love the way the new OS performs but there seems to be another and another around the corner and they fix something and screw up another. It just never seems to end. Why not just fix one thing at a time and keep what's good? That being said I am thinking about keeping this phone fort a while and not making the S2 leap to just get wifi for my needs at this time.

10-24-09 10:10 PM
    lol, CS, you remind me of sooks a little bit.
    Sooks is cool, so Ill take that as a compliment.
    10-24-09 10:10 PM
    Good God man, it's only a phone! This isn't the long lost love of your life we're talking here, or a once in a lifetime business opportunity, it's just a phone. Try to get a grip will ya?
    10-24-09 10:13 PM
    I'm running .323 I love it.. Haven't had hardly any problems.

10-24-09 10:15 PM
    .323 has changed my experience with the Storm towards a positive direction. This device definitely has not been my most favorite BB when compared with other ones over years and initially I really had buyers-remorse with this device. I stuck-it out with the device though. Maybe .323 and greater OS versions will change my overall opinion of the Storm and reveal the true potential of the device. At this point, not considering the Storm 2 at all.
    10-24-09 10:45 PM
    Good God man, it's only a phone! This isn't the long lost love of your life we're talking here, or a once in a lifetime business opportunity, it's just a phone. Try to get a grip will ya?
    Are you serious??? Just a phone??? lol I guess my problem is worse than I thought-- I can't leave a room without it. Hmmmmmmm........Just a phone.......interesting........
    10-24-09 11:17 PM
    Are you serious??? Just a phone??? lol I guess my problem is worse than I thought-- I can't leave a room without it. Hmmmmmmm........Just a phone.......interesting........
    ROFL Maddie! I'm waiting the 24 hours or so to pull the trigger on 5.0 OS, still on 4.7.167, but I know what you mean. My wife says, "Why don't you take the dog for a walk?" 5 minutes later I'm out walking and playing with the BlackStar geo-caching app and my wife comes trotting up, dog in tow, and asks "Did you forget something?" I'm like "What? I've got my Storm."
    10-24-09 11:59 PM
    ROFL Maddie! I'm waiting the 24 hours or so to pull the trigger on 5.0 OS, still on 4.7.167, but I know what you mean. My wife says, "Why don't you take the dog for a walk?" 5 minutes later I'm out walking and playing with the BlackStar geo-caching app and my wife comes trotting up, dog in tow, and asks "Did you forget something?" I'm like "What? I've got my Storm."
    LOL....exactly!!!! You know what I mean then. I am still shaking my head over that "Just a phone" statement. I actually walk my BB and LET the dog tag along!
    10-25-09 12:27 AM
    I've enjoyed my Storm since the day I got it - yeah, there are glitches, and annoyances

But it had far fewer of them than the phone I came from (palm treo 700wx), so even the initial OS was better than WinMO... I was playing with the Treo a few weeks ago (set it up to give to a friend who lost their phone), and there is nothing in the world that could convince me that going to WinMO would be a good idea - even one of those crappy old greyscale crackberries is better

The Storm was a great device to begin with - now it's just all around fantastic
    10-25-09 12:32 AM
    I was running the .323 and it was amazingly impressive, but I had to uninstall it because I could not receive calls. Overall I love it and waiting for the OS that drops on the 26th.
    10-25-09 12:48 AM
    I think .323 is a step in the right direction, and probably what the Storm SHOULD have been... but if it started out like this, imagine how much nicer it would be by now.
    10-25-09 01:03 AM
    man all i know is i want my 3g symbol back lol i miss it
    10-25-09 01:12 AM
    man all i know is i want my 3g symbol back lol i miss it
    lmao

Yeah this thing is like crack I can't stop checking the forums about anything new and i'm always playing with the dang thing.
    Oh I NEED HELP
    10-25-09 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD