* push email
    * MMS
    * copy and paste
    * GSM and CDMA
    * 480 x 360 pixels
    * clickable screen
    * turn by turn navigation
    * creates, edits, and saves Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF documents
    * keyboard in landscape and portrait mode (QWERTY, SureType, and Multi-Tap)
    * multitasking
    * Does not require iTunes to function
    * noise canceling microphone
    * no "Kill Switch"
    * Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
    *tethering capability
    * you can install whatever you want

Most importantly! You are not getting reamed by ATT and Steve Jobs!

Help me add to the list.
    Last edited by pauldovi; 11-19-08 at 09:20 AM.
    11-19-08 08:47 AM
    also you can run programs in the background
    11-19-08 08:52 AM
    *A2DP (Stereo Bluetooth)
    11-19-08 08:54 AM
    The Storm has *, which the iPhone doesn't:

* removable / user changeable Battery
    * user upgradeable memory / swappable memory
    * 3.2MP auto-focus camera with flash
    * video recording capability
    * push email
    * MMS
    * copy and paste
    * GSM and CDMA
    * 480 x 360 pixels
    * clickable screen
    * turn by turn navigation
    * creates, edits, and saves Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and PDF documents
    * keyboard in landscape and portrait mode
    * Ability to multitask
    * Does not require iTunes to function
    * noise canceling microphone
    * no "Kill Switch"

Help me add to the list.
    Not a Qwerty keyboard in portrait mode though. Just wanted to clarify.
    11-19-08 08:56 AM
    should be an easy sell for verizon and rimm
    11-19-08 09:09 AM
    Also you dont turn into a anal fanboy that gets violent when someone talks bad about apple lol
    11-19-08 09:18 AM

IMO, this is the best part
    11-19-08 09:20 AM
    PDF thing was actually a question of mine. Are we sure on that? I hadn't seen it in the VZ writeup.

Just viewing, editing isn't a concern.
    11-19-08 09:20 AM
    Yeah but the iPhone brings all the emo college girls to the yard.
    11-19-08 09:22 AM
    Actually I wasn't wondering - I KNOW it's better!

But thanks for this post!
    11-19-08 09:23 AM
    The BB has a kill switch. Where have you been? The iPhone has push email (ActiveSync on Exchange is push), get your facts correct. And you can tether an iPhone as well.

Just keeping you honest.
    11-19-08 09:27 AM
    PDF thing was actually a question of mine. Are we sure on that? I hadn't seen it in the VZ writeup.

Just viewing, editing isn't a concern.
    Only Word, Excel, and PowerPoint come out of the box. PDF requires you to purchase the full version of Documents To Go.
    11-19-08 09:28 AM
    Only Word, Excel, and PowerPoint come out of the box. PDF requires you to purchase the full version of Documents To Go.
    Oh good, i was debating purchasing Doc. to Go but those are the 3 I needed. May buy it for PDF though, lots of my college documents are in PDF form.
    11-19-08 09:32 AM
    The BB has a kill switch. Where have you been? The iPhone has push email (ActiveSync on Exchange is push), get your facts correct. And you can tether an iPhone as well.

Just keeping you honest.
    Since when can you tether the iphone? Not saying your wrong but I heard this was a huge gripe with AT&T users, am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 09:33 AM

Just keeping you honest.
    But you can only tether a Jailbroken iPhone correct?

I know att has talked about allowing tethering, but has that gone into effect?

11-19-08 09:35 AM
    Since when can you tether the iphone? Not saying your wrong but I heard this was a huge gripe with AT&T users, am I missing something?

iPhone fanboys who love to talk about how Apple products "just work" and are "complete products out of the box" try to avoid telling you that the iPhone must be "jail broken" for any real functionality.
    11-19-08 09:38 AM
    Yeah but the iPhone brings all the emo college girls to the yard.
    Yeah but the Storms say shugga daddy; money talks and BS walks well thats if you wanna go that you. Besides I don't wanna keeep it I just wanna use it for a while............
    Oh boy so womanizing
    11-19-08 09:38 AM

But you can only tether a Jailbroken iPhone correct?

I know att has talked about allowing tethering, but has that gone into effect?

AT&T has released info that they will make this happen shortly. Yes, currently any jailbroken iphone can do it, but this is not because of the hardware, but rather the carrier, so why not argue that it's rather an AT&T vs Verizon issue rather then a Storm vs iPhone issue.

iPhone fanboys who love to talk about how Apple products "just work" and are "complete products out of the box" try to avoid telling you that the iPhone must be "jail broken" for any real functionality.
    Actually smart boy, I'm nothing of an Apple fan, but when I see false info posted, I'll call your *** on it. Nothing can be looked at at face value. Hardware is hardware, software is software, and carrier rules are always BS. Is it correct for me to argue that the Sprint 8830 is better hardware because it has open GPS and the Verizon 8830 does not. No, because it's the same thing, the carrier is the cause behind that.

That's my point, get the fanboy mentality out of your mind, it's not as simple as that. If it's all fanboyism, then it's just as safe to say the OP is just trying to justify the Storm being superior in this case. See, the tables can be turned either way.
    11-19-08 09:50 AM
    AT&T has released info that they will make this happen shortly. Yes, currently any jailbroken iphone can do it, but this is not because of the hardware, but rather the carrier, so why not argue that it's rather an AT&T vs Verizon issue rather then a Storm vs iPhone issue.

Actually smart boy, I'm nothing of an Apple fan, but when I see false info posted, I'll call your *** on it. Nothing can be looked at at face value. Hardware is hardware, software is software, and carrier rules are always BS. Is it correct for me to argue that the Sprint 8830 is better hardware because it has open GPS and the Verizon 8830 does not. No, because it's the same thing, the carrier is the cause behind that.

That's my point, get the fanboy mentality out of your mind, it's not as simple as that. If it's all fanboyism, then it's just as safe to say the OP is just trying to justify the Storm being superior in this case. See, the tables can be turned either way.
    I don't think it matters whether it is software, hardware, or carrier that is causing the issue. All these things are a package deal. If I have an amazing phone but the software is useless I am not going to keep on using it, just because it is software and not hardware. If the carrier sucks, I dump them.

Software, Hardware, and Carrier are all equally important. You cannot ignore a deficiency from any of these.
    11-19-08 10:01 AM
    I didn't see it mentioned but the Storm can take video as well. I think the iPhone can as well, but I think it's a 3rd party app that had to be written for it.
    11-19-08 10:37 AM
    I don't think you can create Word, Exel, or PowerPoint projects with the version out of the box . I think you can only view or edit these these programs. I think you have to purchase Docs to Go in order to create.

11-19-08 10:43 AM
    I don't think you can create Word, Exel, or PowerPoint projects with the version out of the box . I think you can only view or edit these these programs. I think you have to purchase Docs to Go in order to create.

I remember that being discussed here about 2 or 3 weeks ago. You can't but you CAN email yourself a blank doc and save it for creating a "new" document.
    11-19-08 11:30 AM
    I will be a new BB user on Friday and I'm trying to find out if when I sync my comcast email account will it pull over my contacts list?

I know this doesn't fit into this forum and is probably a stupid question, but I was looking for people to respond. Thanks in advance!
    11-19-08 11:40 AM
    I will be a new BB user on Friday and I'm trying to find out if when I sync my comcast email account will it pull over my contacts list?

I know this doesn't fit into this forum and is probably a stupid question, but I was looking for people to respond. Thanks in advance!
    I don't have comcast, but I would imagine that it is just like every other ISP's email in that it is a POP3 service. That means that your contacts, calendar, tasks, etc, are all stored locally in Outlook (or whatever mail client you use). So the answer to your question is "it depends". If you are talking about syncing your contacts "over-the-air" (ota), then no... it won't work, but you can sync them by connecting your phone to your computer using the usb cable and I think also (someone correct me if I'm wrong) bluetooth
    11-19-08 11:47 AM
    and doesnt the Storm have a flash? iPhone doesnt!
    11-19-08 11:54 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD