I agree. Who wants sub menu. When u can write everything down on a piece of paper to remember ur shortcuts.

Who needs sub menus when this program can just list everything using your full screen =)
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 12:42 PM
    I agree. Who wants sub menu. When u can write everything down on a piece of paper to remember ur shortcuts
    Lol.

IMO, (yes, opinions exist.) the multi-click shortcuts are more of a gimmick than a feature.

And seriously? Everything on the same screen. The clutter would be annoying. I like to keep everything organized and QL2.0 does just that.

05-21-09 02:06 PM
    I'm a user of QL and love it, but have been put off by Cheetah being nonresponsive to questions and catering only to his elite beta test team. Maybe the ShortcutMe dev will actually respond to something.
    05-21-09 02:22 PM
    I'm a user of QL and love it, but have been put off by Cheetah being nonresponsive to questions and catering only to his elite beta test team. Maybe the ShortcutMe dev will actually respond to something.
    They respond to everything, and it's not gimmicks it�s a great feature that beats the **** out of QL, and it doesn�t get cluttered, it's easier to browse that menu then to have to click into submenus.
    05-21-09 02:37 PM
    Vijik developed this application so that it should never break when a leak is released
    Let me sit here and laugh a bit... As a developer, I find this sentence extremely funny... hahaha... Basically, it's the equivalent of saying that a unit dependent on electricity will not fail if there is a problem with the power source... (no batteries). Common... OS changes that causes changes in an application is not the fault of the developer, nor it is preventable.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 05-21-09 at 02:42 PM.
    05-21-09 02:40 PM
    Let me sit here and laugh a bit... As a developer, I find this sentence extremely funny... hahaha... Basically, it's the equivalent of saying that a unit dependent on electricity will not fail if there is a problem with the power source... (no batteries). Common... OS changes that causes changes in an application is not the fault of the developer, nor it is preventable.
    This is not true, QL has broken with almost every single OS leak, this application has not broken with a new OS leak yet. I have no idea what he did, but pointed out exactly why others break and his doesn't. It's in a post from him somewhere.
    05-21-09 02:45 PM
    This is not true, QL has broken with almost every single OS leak, this application has not broken with a new OS leak yet. I have no idea what he did, but pointed out exactly why others break and his doesn't. It's in a post from him somewhere.
    QL was broken in .141 and .148 because RIM decided to change the behaviour of a few functions in the OS.

Now SM doesn't use those functions, uses a very basic subset of the J2ME API. But you can't still lay the blame on the application developer for his applications braking, the cause are changes in the OS. If RIM decides one day to change the way a function behaves and SM uses that function and expects the old behaviour, it will break too. There is no preventing that.

As a developer, you are ALWAYS dependent on the platform you are building on, except in the case where you also control the platform (which is not the case for mobile applications made by third-party developers). Changes in behaviour of APIs can cause your application to break and there is no way to prevent that (unless again, you control the platform you are building on, which is not the case for mobile applications made by third-party developers).

There might be LESS risk of SM breaking as he uses documented J2ME API's that are standerized versus RIM's additions to the API, but you can't use the word never. That's just plain idiotic.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 05-21-09 at 02:54 PM.
    05-21-09 02:50 PM
    QL was broken in .141 and .148 because RIM decided to change the behaviour of a few functions in the OS.

Now SM doesn't use those functions, uses a very basic subset of the J2ME API. But you can't still lay the blame on the application developer for his applications braking, the cause are changes in the OS. If RIM decides one day to change the way a function behaves and SM uses that function and expects the old behaviour, it will break too. There is no preventing that.

As a developer, you are ALWAYS dependent on the platform you are building on, except in the case where you also control the platform (which is not the case for mobile applications made by third-party developers). Changes in behaviour of APIs can cause your application to break and there is no way to prevent that (unless again, you control the platform you are building on, which is not the case for mobile applications made by third-party developers).

There might be LESS risk of SM breaking as he uses documented J2ME API's that are standerized versus RIM's additions to the API, but you can't use the word never. That's just plain idiotic.
    I had said should never, granted the word never is there but it's stating the likeliness of this is very small compared to other applications.
    05-21-09 03:12 PM
    I had said should never, granted the word never is there but it's stating the likeliness of this is very small compared to other applications.
    It don't think it's very small compared to other applications. I would say, SM versus QL, SM has a 75% chance of braking versus 85% QL (if you really want me to put numbers there). You just never know.
    05-21-09 03:29 PM
    QL has not broke in every single os leak. only the last 2 which had the same issue. This bug will break any app that shows a popup window near touching the edge of the screen. it has nothing to do with 'over laying' panels or whatever way your were trying to spin it. If there were other apps that have a popup like ql they would all break.

Also, QL has had many more free updates than sm and will continue to do so except that there will be a small fee for ql owners that purchased before a certain date. 2.0 is a major update so I am justified in this action.

You're lucky I'm a nice guy otherwise I'd start my own threads every day too pointing out how QL is better than shortcutme but that's not the way I like to conduct business. Apparently it's a different story for the shortcutme guys because the product isn't strong enough on it's own to generate it's own interest... they have to use the QL name so that people will look at their thread.

Also, maybe I should start auto-forwarding to the shortcut me staff all the email i get everyday from people that bought shortcutme and ditched it for QL so that they figure out what they are doing wrong and spend their time fixing it instead of putting all their time into their less than honorable marketing campaign which isn't working anyway.
    05-21-09 03:41 PM
    QL has not broke in every single os leak. only the last 2 which had the same issue. This bug will break any app that shows a popup window near touching the edge of the screen. it has nothing to do with 'over laying' panels or whatever way your were trying to spin it. If there were other apps that have a popup like ql they would all break.

Also, QL has had many more free updates than sm and will continue to do so except that there will be a small fee for ql owners that purchased before a certain date. 2.0 is a major update so I am justified in this action.

You're lucky I'm a nice guy otherwise I'd start my own threads every day too pointing out how QL is better than shortcutme but that's not the way I like to conduct business. Apparently it's a different story for the shortcutme guys because the product isn't strong enough on it's own to generate it's own interest... they have to use the QL name so that people will look at their thread.

Also, maybe I should start auto-forwarding to the shortcut me staff all the email i get everyday from people that bought shortcutme and ditched it for QL so that they figure out what they are doing wrong and spend their time fixing it instead of putting all their time into their less than honorable marketing campaign which isn't working anyway.
    I have stated before Vijik is the one and only member on here that has anything to do with this program, we were just beta testers; I also never once attacked your product. Until you in fact came in here and stated you were the best; I avoided using the name QL at all cost, because it’s not worth starting exactly what you just went on about. All I stated was he had made SM so that it would rarely break, that pertained to every single application. Am I trying to shed light on another product? Without a doubt, I don’t believe your product to be the end all be all...I never said it sucked either which I feel you think I believe, I did say I tried it and it didn’t do what I wanted. But in no way bashed it, I have also stated I am sick of the fan boys attacking this program, don’t like the thought of it? Ok, but there’s no need to flame it.
    05-21-09 03:48 PM
    These posts about shortcut me being better are the exact reason I'm staying with QL. Even if shortcutme is better your posts which seem to be trying to start fights with Cheetah are just plain LAME!

05-21-09 03:58 PM
    I wasn't talking about you necessarily. I was referring to the numerous threads they start everyday with the same stuff in it
    05-21-09 04:00 PM
    I have stated before Vijik is the one and only member on here that has anything to do with this program, we were just beta testers; I also never once attacked your product. Until you in fact came in here and stated you were the best; I avoided using the name QL at all cost, because it�s not worth starting exactly what you just went on about. All I stated was he had made SM so that it would rarely break, that pertained to every single application. Am I trying to shed light on another product? Without a doubt, I don�t believe your product to be the end all be all...I never said it sucked either which I feel you think I believe, I did say I tried it and it didn�t do what I wanted. But in no way bashed it, I have also stated I am sick of the fan boys attacking this program, don�t like the thought of it? Ok, but there�s no need to flame it.
    Part of the problem is that you've been basing your arguments on things you apparently know absolutely nothing about (application development on embedded devices). I can understand fanboyism, but don't spread lies and miss-information to promote a product over another.
    05-21-09 04:00 PM
    Anyway, 2.0 will be out soon with all the improvements and added features and then the sm guys will have to come up with another angle. I have to get back to work. Just thought I'd chime in here for once. And yes, QL is the best. imho
    05-21-09 04:01 PM
    Anyway, 2.0 will be out soon with all the improvements and added features and then the sm guys will have to come up with another angle. I have to get back to work. Just thought I'd chime in here for once. And yes, QL is the best. imho
    I tried both and QL (which I bought) is definitively my favorite between the two. Can't wait till 2.0 is out!
    05-21-09 04:06 PM
    Come on CheetahAce we needed QL 2.0 like yesterday! lol
    05-21-09 04:16 PM
    i just have 2 more things to take care of. Could take anywhere between 2-3 days. I'm really tring to get it out this weekend.
    05-21-09 04:17 PM
    Come on CheetahAce we needed QL 2.0 like yesterday! lol
    Yea, so pay some to fix something, that wasn't broke when you bought it to begin with.
    My question for QL is this: Your claiming there is numerous changes in the 2.0, that is why your charging people again. But what about the people that are happy with 1.4 and just want it to work with there current OS. Are you planning on updating 1.4 to fix the issues? Your going to make everyone pay again to buy your 2.0 Personally I could care if it is the best app out there. From what I have seen and read you have the worst customer support and bedside manner of any APP/Designer I have seen in these forums.
    05-21-09 04:26 PM
    I have QL 1.4 working with OS 148 and fixed it myself by following some simple instructions on Crackberry. I really dont want to buy QL again as havent had it very long, but if it's improved over 1.4 I will think about it. I guess I should have waited and not bought 1.4?!I just wish I could have got in on the beta testing as I'm layed up off work with nothing better to do then play with my storm
    05-21-09 04:35 PM
    Cheetah. What about those of us who purchased 1.0 and are now using 1.4? If I do not want to purchase 2.0, when will 1.4 be made to work on these newer OS's? You can't just abandon us.
    05-21-09 04:40 PM
    Yea, so pay some to fix something, that wasn't broke when you bought it to begin with.
    My question for QL is this: Your claiming there is numerous changes in the 2.0, that is why your charging people again. But what about the people that are happy with 1.4 and just want it to work with there current OS. Are you planning on updating 1.4 to fix the issues? Your going to make everyone pay again to buy your 2.0 Personally I could care if it is the best app out there. From what I have seen and read you have the worst customer support and bedside manner of any APP/Designer I have seen in these forums.
    Guess I got Cheetahed out of my money.. Never been able to use QL since I purchased it when I was on .141. I was cool because there is a fix coming then I read that there will be a charge.. Just a little disapointed =( Guess I will use sm until the trial period is over and make my descision from there. Sounds a little shady to me
    05-21-09 04:42 PM
    Cheetah. What about those of us who purchased 1.0 and are now using 1.4? If I do not want to purchase 2.0, when will 1.4 be made to work on these newer OS's? You can't just abandon us.
    I believe that is exactly what there saying.
    05-21-09 04:43 PM
    Im sticking with QL, i tried the trial of SM and it was overhyped... the menu looks like a rainbow against a black screen... remembering shortcuts were a PITA, it was just easy with QL to press one item, and then click on the application. I can open it from any screen in the phone, games, media, etc.

I hope 2.0 comes out soon
    05-21-09 04:52 PM
    sigh... there is a small fee if purchased before a certain date. for you it will be free.
    05-21-09 04:57 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD