This is Vijik's product
    A lot of you will notice every time you upgrade your OS, some of your programs will stop working until an update is released; Vijik developed this application so that it should never break when a leak is released
    If you want to give the program a shot there is a 7 day trial, with the trial not a single feature is locked so you can fully demo it to see if you like the product.

You can find the trial or buy it here ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcut Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

Info from the website
    "You can also customize the device's convenience (side) keys to perform 6 of your most frequent tasks.

70 out of the box, yet customizable shortcuts for major BlackBerry applications.
    Remove the unwanted shortcuts to shorten the ShortcutMe list as you wish.
    Assign single-letter shortcuts to your favorite tasks/applications.
    Set shortcuts for launching any of your application that is not listed in the 52 pre-defined ones.
    Shortcuts are active from anywhere, so press the shortcuts and fire an application without closing the current app.
    Create shortcuts for opening your favorite web pages.
    Create shortcuts for directly call/email/PIN/SMS a friend.
    Create shortcuts for opening a new Task or Memo.
    Create shortcuts for turning Radio and Wifi off/on.
    Assign 3 applications to each convenience key (double/triple/quadruple clicks).
    Assign 3 applications to ENTER-key (double/triple/quadruple clicks).
    Double click the convenience key (from anywhere) to lock your Blackberry.
    Access to any application while internet browsing without exiting the browser.
    Turn your Blackberry quickly to a Flash Light from any application.
    Avoid the annoying "Say a Command" voice because of the accidental convenience key clicks.
    No more worries about loosing your shortcuts when upgrading/changing BlackBerry or its software.
    User-friendly configuration process provided by Copy, Paste, Select, and Multitap in menus. (e.g. Copy a phone number from your AddressBook and paste it in SB to create a Call shortcut).
    Modify most of the configuration settings on PC then load it into ShortcutMe.
    QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY keypad support.
    Shortcuts provided for the following major applications: Address Book, Alarm, BlackBerry Messenger, Brick Breaker, Browser, Calculator,Calendar, Camera, Clock, Face book, Flash Light, Garmin Mobile, Global Search, Google Mobile App, Help, Home Screen, LBS, Lock, Manage Connections, Memo Pad, Memory Cleaner, Messages, My Space, Options, Phone, Profiles, Tasks, TeleNav, Twitter Berry, Video Recorder, Voice Dialing, Voice Notes Recorder, and many other popular 3rd party applications."
    Last edited by mentalcase87; 05-20-09 at 10:16 AM.
    05-20-09 10:05 AM
    Sounds good... problem is I have already spent money on quick launch. So hopefully the developer will put a update that will solve the problem with it not working in .141 or .148. But this sounds like a great alternative for those that have not purchased QL.
    05-20-09 10:09 AM
    Sounds good... problem is I have already spent money on quick launch. So hopefully the developer will put a update that will solve the problem with it not working in .141 or .148. But this sounds like a great alternative for those that have not purchased QL.
    there will be an update of QL, don't worry about that....
    05-20-09 10:12 AM
    I had purchased QL as well, but then vijik came along with this, and I had just waisted 4 bucks on QL lol. It just didnt do everything i needed.
    05-20-09 10:12 AM
    nice post man
    05-20-09 10:13 AM
    there will be an update of QL, don't worry about that....

Sweet! I love QL and will be looking forward to a update then thanks
    05-20-09 10:15 AM
    Sweet! I love QL and will be looking forward to a update then thanks
    Well GI you might as well try the trial while you wait for the update.
    05-20-09 10:21 AM
    Mentalcase87,

On Javelin and Bold, ShortcutMe clearly beat any shortcut application with it's speed, multi click feature, and launching rich features, let alone QuickLaunch which is another Home Screen application (Sorry QL fans. I was a QuickLaunch fan too, but then ShortcutMe came along).

I assume ShortcutMe is even more critical to have and efficient as the speed of Storm UI is somehow slow by default.

GIXXERJOE, if you like QuickLaunch, don't listen to Mentalcase87, If you do try ShortcutMe you will not go back!
    05-20-09 11:08 AM
    aslak good point, I guess I will try the free trial out and see what I like better. It will allow me to go ahead and do the upgrade to .148 and still have the short cuts that I need.
    05-20-09 11:17 AM
    Don't like it. Its way to cluttered

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 11:34 AM
    Well I gave this app a fair shot, it seems pretty cool for the most part but... It is really not for me I am going to stick with QL it seems to be a little easier to use, for me that is, and a little more strait forward. But I am sure that many others will like it, I can say it does work very well and does just what it is supposed to. The interface is just not for me. oh well
    05-20-09 12:27 PM
    Don't like it. Its way to cluttered

Moosc just delete all those shortcuts. I believe vijik has done it this way to start you off with something, I wouldn't push it away because of the clutter.
    05-20-09 12:27 PM
    Well I gave this app a fair shot, it seems pretty cool for the most part but... It is really not for me I am going to stick with QL it seems to be a little easier to use, for me that is, and a little more strait forward. But I am sure that many others will like it, I can say it does work very well and does just what it is supposed to. The interface is just not for me. oh well
    Did you try using the multiclick feature at all? That's what sold me on it right away, I love being able to press a button so and so times and get a diffrent result.
    05-20-09 12:28 PM
    I tried this app, I must be too simple minded or something but just didn't see the benefit. Trying to remember which command does what, well is not much of a short-cut for me. I'm sure others find it to be a god send, but just didn't find the interface to be that intuitive to me.
    05-20-09 12:39 PM
    Bob, GI and anyone else was it the cluttered feel of having everything there already? And at first it might seem hard to remember what every key press does, but it�s quite easy once you get used to it. I think of them in a priority order, so like 2 clicks is my contacts, 3 is a sms to my better half, and 4 calls her. And on the other side it�s my camera and I forgot the other 2 lol. I have nothing to do with this product other then beta testing it, but I think it has a ton of potential and am trying to help it get pushed. So I can get your feedback back to vijik and see what he thinks.
    05-20-09 01:00 PM
    Nice and simple like ql. Left key scroll click one column.text to small

05-20-09 03:38 PM
    QuickLaunch 2.0 is coming out this weekend (most likely) and it's already verified to work on 141 and 148. 2.0 is much better than 1.4 with lots of new features, easier to use and is faster.
    If you don't want to become one of the many ppl who email me everyday saying they saying the ditched shortcutme and switched to QL then stick with the best.
    05-20-09 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the post. I'll give it a shot!

05-20-09 09:10 PM
    QuickLaunch 2.0 is coming out this weekend (most likely) and it's already verified to work on 141 and 148. 2.0 is much better than 1.4 with lots of new features, easier to use and is faster.
    If you don't want to become one of the many ppl who email me everyday saying they saying the ditched shortcutme and switched to QL then stick with the best.

I'll have to agree with Cheetah - It will be worth the wait!!
    05-20-09 09:28 PM
    Haven't emailed you yet but QL is the best compared to shortcutme
    05-20-09 11:44 PM
    You are correct.
    05-20-09 11:52 PM
    Comparing QuickLaunch with ShortcutMe:

Peace of mind for Future: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    QuickLaunch uses a UI that might not run on your blackberry if you upgrade your BlackBerry OS. It is based on overlaying itself on other panels. It is risky.
    Even if a fix come out (you probably should pay for the new release), there is no guarantee that it will work on next month OS.
    ShortcutMe has its own UI. It is not depending on risky (and changing) overlaying feature of Blackberry OS and therefore it is less prone to fail on new Blackberry OS in future.

Time to launch your application: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    Multiple convenience key clicks on ShortcutMe launches 6 of your applications in no time. QuickLaunch doesn�t have this feature at all.

Time to launch your application: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    In ShortcutMe, you can entirely rely on your shortcuts to launch your apps (i.e. ConvKey+A to launch address book. Depending on your typing skills, it could be so fast you can�t even remember it was ShortcutMe who has launched it for you).
    QuickLaunch does not have this feature. You always need searching/browsing/clicking. If you happen to have many items on your app list, QuickLaunch becomes another Home Screen where you have to browse to find what you search for.
    You can also browse on ShortcutMe like quicklaunch, but I don't use that feature as I am a typing addict.

Saving your settings: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    ShortcutMe can save your settings on micro SD card. You can then modify settings on PC and load it into ShortcutMe. QuickLaunch does not have this feature.

Convenience key occupation: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    QuickLaunch occupies your convenience key. ShortcutMe, in contrast, allows you to assign 3 applications to each of them.

Can you take your shortcuts and shortcut application to a new Blackberry: (Winner: ShortcutMe)
    ShortcutMe supports all Blackberries with trackball and touch screen. Both your shortcuts on the uSD card and your license key for ShortcutMe will follow you on your new Blackberry model. It means, no need to reconfigure your shortcuts and no need to purchase a new license key for your new Blackberry. Your own shortcuts for life!

Quick launch can't save your settings on uSD card and it does not support all blackberries.

Free upgrade
    Ever since ShortcutMe was released for the first time, all of its new releases have been free for license holders.
    05-21-09 06:57 AM
    QL definitely worth waiting for the update.. been running it for quite a while, and it kicks @ss.
    05-21-09 07:18 AM
    What improvements are we waiting for? Any details we can look forward to? would definitely make the wait easier...
    Backup to SD? Not sure if sub menus are an improvement...
    05-21-09 10:41 AM
    What improvements are we waiting for? Any details we can look forward to? would definitely make the wait easier...
    Backup to SD? Not sure if sub menus are an improvement...
    Who needs sub menus when this program can just list everything using your full screen =)
    05-21-09 12:29 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD