Same here. I have been running .85 for over a week with great success(now it will go to $hit. LOL). I have done one battery pull and everything runs great IMO. Garmin Nav application works wonders along with Weatherbug. For me
    .85 works great.
    Same here, except I don't have Garmin.
    01-06-09 05:06 PM
    I had an issue with the phone displaying that the SIM card was rejected and read that someone said they just removed their SIM card... Seeing as I never go overseas, will it affect the phone at all to do that? How do I pull it if I decide to go that route?

BTW: battery pull fixed the error message.
    01-06-09 05:11 PM
    As far as .85 goes, it seems quicker with just about everything, but not by too much. Also, not quite what I hoped it would be, but any improvement is a step in the right direction.

The only thing that's really annoying me about it is that its still displaying all my email and text messages after I've set it to hide my sent and saved (filed) messages. I noticed one other person said they had the same issue. Is that something we're doing wrong or just a known issue?
    01-06-09 05:23 PM
    Oh, another thing I noticed is that when hovering over a name in the messages folder, it doesn't load all conversations with that person any more.
    01-06-09 05:27 PM
    Been running .85 for about a week now. Upgraded from .75. No problems. Much smoother. Weatherbug used to not locate me. Now it finds my location in 10 seconds. Accelorometer responds
    a little too quick. Can't wait for more updates.
    01-06-09 09:07 PM
    Just upgraded today and so far so good, seems a tad faster and more responsive. Only problem I am having is I can't find ANY satellites on GPS ?? (Either Maps, GoogleMaps or Weatherbug !!)

Am UK / London based with a 9500.......3g reception is improved so I am happy !!
    01-07-09 11:37 AM
    I've been running .85 for a week or so, and it's been trucking along. I did notice a memory leak the other night, and did an off/on (not battery pull) and had 48 mb free. After 6 hours...down to 36. Weird. So I've been tracking it yesterday and today.

Both mornings, off/on and then had around 48 mb free.

Last night, around 8 pm, I was down to around 15 mb free.

Currently, I'm at 28mb free.

The OS feels good still, not laggy or weird, but the memory leak concerns me. Other than that...no issues at all. Loving it.
    01-07-09 03:49 PM
    just installed it and it sais media car installed and i just pulled the battery and waiting for restart.couldnt do anything got the verizon logo will post back after restart
    I've had the same problem...
    01-07-09 03:51 PM
    I've been running .85 for a week or so, and it's been trucking along. I did notice a memory leak the other night, and did an off/on (not battery pull) and had 48 mb free. After 6 hours...down to 36. Weird. So I've been tracking it yesterday and today.

Both mornings, off/on and then had around 48 mb free.

Last night, around 8 pm, I was down to around 15 mb free.

Currently, I'm at 28mb free.

The OS feels good still, not laggy or weird, but the memory leak concerns me. Other than that...no issues at all. Loving it.
    You can also clean memory and cache will help.
    01-07-09 03:55 PM
    So Out of no where the sure type keyboard appeared in landscape mode and I know I've seen a picture on here before that someone posted up. Well I tried to use it and it worked really well. There is plenty of space between the letters and very easy to type with. I hope they make this and option in a future update.
    01-07-09 05:18 PM
    Works buy sometimes when in bb messenger it freezes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:37 PM
    I have had .85 since the first day of the leak. Initially everything was ok, after a few days, it seemed to freeze quite a bit. After reading some posts, i have noticed that if in an application and are done with it, pressing the bb button and going to the bottom and selecting 'close' does actually help with the bb being a little more responsive. Lately, it has been ok, my 2 cents says it still needs quite a few improvements. On the other hand, I have been plesently happy with the improvements they have came out with in the OS upgrades.
    01-07-09 06:59 PM
    It works, but everytime I do a battery pull I get some pop up saying that I have a SIM card inserted and do I want to select GSM or CDMA.

what is the response to that? how can i get rid of that prompt?
    01-07-09 07:49 PM
    At first, it worked like a charm
    Then i started to have alot of problems, like many people complain about
    But lately, It's been working better and better everyday
    I just hate doing Battery Pulls because it takes me 5 minutes to reboot
    01-07-09 08:24 PM
    The phone is generally faster. Accelerator is better, on/off works, "Media card inserted" was experienced but was resolved. The best OS for me.
    01-07-09 08:32 PM
    Works fine for me.. upgraded last night. Haven't had any issues w/ it
    01-07-09 08:41 PM
    mine works great so far.. i love how they made it so if the phone is locked and you try to tap or click the screen nothing happens.. you have to push a physical button or unlock the phone! good add!

also accelerometer works great

good stuff!
    01-07-09 10:19 PM
    ONLY IF YOU HAVE IT INSTALLED AND IT WORKS, NO OTHER BS

What are some things you guys have noticed so far?

I would like to see post ABOUT .85, thats what I meant when I first made this topic.(I realize the topic is very misleading haha)

I don't want post saying, oh hey... it works.

Of course it works, we already know that. If its not working then you wouldn't be in this thread posting information about it.
    I have had to reboot a couple of times but other wise I am happy with it.
    01-07-09 10:45 PM
    Myphone froze trying to write in here ugh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:57 PM
344 ... 121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD