I love my storm and the click screen is really cool when selecting contacts, menu options, phone buttons and so on. When typing though it drives me crazy! Anyone ever try typing a text message without clicking the screen but just touching it so it lights up blue like the iPhone? Obviously it doesn't register the letters, but it's insane how fast you can whip through typing something. To me if you could disable the click when typing text fields out, the phone would be perfect.
    02-15-09 10:08 AM
    Interesting. I don't see it making that much of a difference.
    For me it doesn't take much extra time if any to click the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 11:09 AM
    I like the click. I end up trying to push in the screen when I use non click screens now. Might not be a bad option to add in for all the people who are complaining about it. But maybe not since you can always buy a phone that does not have the click. there are a lot of options.... you buy the storm because you like the click.
    02-15-09 11:16 AM
    i 100% agree

and you dont buy the storm because you like the click you buy the storm for any number of reasons, touch screen, large screen, blackberry with media capabilities etc
    02-15-09 05:29 PM
    The click is the best part it allows you to highlight things without clicking and then pull up settings on the highlighted item or just click in the screen to select it. Great idea in my opinion. like m3grady2 said i dont think it slows down typing time at all. If it did make me type slower maybe it would bother me but i have typed on an iphone and my storm and i think I can type about the same speed except i make less mistakes with the storm.
    02-15-09 07:36 PM
    i find it invaluable especially on websites. can't wait for bolt/opera to actually make use of it

not sure how i would feel about it impacting typing
    02-15-09 07:39 PM
    i wish i could disable the click for texting only...but on the web and everything else i like the click.
    02-15-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD