So I roll up to the Mission St. store in San Francisco this morning at 6:55am. About 10 people outside, I hopped in with them and about 15 minutes later the guy is ringing me up. After all the BS transactional stuff he says he is having trouble activating my phone. Manager tries also can't do it. He starts asking me if I changed my plan in the last month. I tell him yes, I have domestic data plan and I had to go to Mexico for a week so I switched over to Global data for the week out of the country, and then back to the domestic when i got back. He proceeds to tell me that since I changed my plan twice in the past month, they aren't able to activate the Storm because this would make three changes to my account in one month. YEAH SO?!

Long story short, they wouldnt let me leave the store with the Storm and activate at home. They voided my order and placed a new order to have it shipped to my house where I can activate it over the phone. The only thing that came out of it was they gave me the $50 rebate instantly so no mail in. But they also hosed me on the shipping as they said it was overnight (Monday delivery) and its actually 2 day. So no Storm for me until Tuesday. Complete BS.
    11-21-08 10:44 AM
    So I assume I was the only one that ran into this? Anyone else that have the 8830WE switch their data plan when leaving the country, and switch it back to domestic when they return? Who woulda thought it would be such a "no no"
    11-21-08 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD